PDA

View Full Version : GUN LAWYERS..........

Twisted Titan
27th July 2010, 01:59 PM
About 2 months ago I had 3 ATF agents pay a feild vist to my residence inquiring about a 3 Glock 21's I purchased earlier this year.

I almost tripped my self up by returning the call ( I wasnt home) but fortunately I had enough presence to say next to nothing and lawyer up pretty quickly.

Nothing ever came of it ( knock on wood)

But it shook me up pretty bad to put it mildly as I have never had any type of Federal Agency approach me.

In the aftermath I took several steps just in case I find myself in the unfortunate situation again.

1) I have made serval copies of all my firearm registrations and realted paperwork ( and someone knows the location of at least one hardcopy)

2) I have spreadloaded my weapon cache just in case the worst should befall me.

3) I now have on speedial a gun friendly attorney so I dont have to worry a "buddy buddy" public defender to speak on my behalf But a lawyer who understand the mindset of what "shall not be infringed" means.

I think it would be very beneficial that each us have a business card or contact info in our phones of a sympathetic lawyer.

Trust me when I say you DONT wont to be looking for a lawyer when your @$$ is under the gun ( no pun intended) it is beyond stressful and nerve racking

Here is the fellow I have on retainer

http://www.evannappen.com/

Anybody else please feel free to share

FreeMyLand
27th July 2010, 02:05 PM
Wow TT, that is pretty crazy.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what gun registrations are you speaking of, which you are keeping copies of? I'm here in Texas, and besides the sales slip, I don't know of any other paperwork that I would have.

Thanks for sharing - and now I am going to take up your recommendation and look for a lawyer who is a 2A supporter. The question is, how do I know when I have found one. I can't imagine calling a lawyer and simply asking would get me a straight answer (they are lawyers afterall), so I would be interested if anyone knows of a way to find a good lawyer in regards to TTs recommendation.

Thanks again... And good luck.

Twisted Titan
27th July 2010, 02:17 PM
Well it depends on what State you reside

Some states are more draconian than others and I happened to reside in one that was in the top three so there is ALOT of paper work depending on what you have.

Prior to my wake up call I had my documents all over the place and while I was scrambling for it I wanted to kick myself square in the @$$ for not being neat.

God forbid I ever find myself in this situation again I now have all my related paperwork in one spot and ready for review by my atorney( if requested)

If I am ever aproached by any Federal ( or local) agency for that matter I WILL SAY NOTHING EXCEPT TO ASK FOR THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION AND SAY NOTHING MORE THAN :SOMEONE WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU SHORTLY SIR/MAM

SAY NOTHING ELSE.
DO NOTHING ELSE.
GO IN YOUR HOUSE ,DO NOT COME BACK OUT UNTIL THEY LEAVE INSTRUCT FAMILY OR OTHERS TO STAY AWAY UNTIL THEY ARE GONE AND IF THEY ARE APROACH SAY NOTHING.

T

Ponce
27th July 2010, 02:18 PM
AGAIN.......... buy your weapons (firearms) at the gun show with no paper work...........but of course I don't own any kind of firearms.

Ares
27th July 2010, 02:20 PM
Must be one of those east coast states. In my state there is no gun registration. Only time my state makes you require a gun registration is for compliance with the BATF for Automatic Weapons.

Book
27th July 2010, 02:35 PM
http://ziofascism.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/edgar.jpg

Edgar Steele says: Follow TT's advice!

:)

Twisted Titan
28th July 2010, 06:39 AM
http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2007/06/progun_attorney.php

iOWNme
28th July 2010, 06:46 AM
Just exactly how does One plan on 'Claiming One's Right' while signing over 'Power of Attorney' to another man?

"He who claims no rights, has no rights"

If you show up to court, being 'represented' by another man, you are looked at as a warden of the State, a child of unsound mind, and an idiot who cannot attend to his personal affairs.

(This is not Legal advice)

Twisted Titan
28th July 2010, 07:04 AM
SJ thats all fine well and good

But I can tell you (now from personal experince) it was huge burden lifted off my shoulders when I had a attorney standing in the gap between myself and The Feds.

Im no dummy, I knew full well what this was about.

I hadnt done a dam thing wrong as every purchase I made was lawful with the rules of The State ..... this was nothing more than a profiling, fishing expedition, with the use of intimidation trying to get me to incriminate myself.

And yes, I will tell you every cop lies and these pricks were no different.

During my brief brief dialouge with them they inquired about the number and type of firearms I own and said the reason why I was flagged (aside from owning "so many") was because this particular firearm is used in a alot of crimes in my area.

The only thing I could think of to say was : Why do you think I would be privy as to what criminal use as all of my purchases were lawful?

Blink. blink. blink.

No logicall answer is given and he says some bull sh*t about having to follow up with a feild visit.

When I spoke with the lawyer ( He started laughing his ass of saying thats a flat out lie) as most crime are done with fake guns or if they are real its usally a rusty pistol that some crackhead stole from a elderly relative that only has two bullets one of which is badly corroded and will more than likely FTF or explode in his hand

Glock is a top of the line Firearm and the Marjority of criminals that do have them ARE THE LEGAL ONES. ( How fricken true.)

I didnt even make that connection in my head until he explained it.

Bottom line I know my limits and capablities .......and I needed to bring in a person who deals with these pricks on the regular. This was not the time to be learning as you go along as the penalties anything gun realted are VERY SEVERE boarding on the EXTREME if you get it wrong ( which you will eventually)

So in a perfect world I would have love to aserted my God given right to self defense but in the aftermath I think I made the best move as am still a freeman,with my possesions and alive to talk about this.

T

Phoenix
28th July 2010, 08:02 AM
If I am ever aproached by any Federal ( or local) agency for that matter I WILL SAY NOTHING EXCEPT TO ASK FOR THEIR CONTACT INFORMATION AND SAY NOTHING MORE THAN :SOMEONE WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH YOU SHORTLY SIR/MAM

I advise against this: if they don't call / can't get through, the Feds might try to charge you with "lying to a Federal agent."

"I have nothing to say," and accept their card when offered.

sirgonzo420
28th July 2010, 08:38 AM
Attorn-eys aren't always the best course of action....

SLV^GLD
28th July 2010, 08:40 AM
I say TT did good to respond with well-loaded questions.

Twisted Titan
28th July 2010, 08:44 AM
Thanks Gonzo I was looking to have a copy of that info.

T

iOWNme
28th July 2010, 08:59 AM
I say TT did good to respond with well-loaded questions.

Thats exactly what they are , WELL LOADED questions....

Im not saying you wont win with an attorney. I am merely stating you cannot do whats right by hiring an attorney. (What is 'right' is each man defends himself, faces his accusor, and lets the 4th branch decide. But i know its a pipe dream!)

And that my friends is the entire point of the Matrix: To get you to try and win, instead of doing whats moral and right.

Phoenix
28th July 2010, 09:00 AM

Attorneys, like churches, are licensed by the government, and rare it is for someone to betray their creative entity, their "god."

Phoenix
28th July 2010, 09:01 AM
lets the 4th branch decide

Trial by Jewry?

(I think you meant the third branch)

sirgonzo420
28th July 2010, 09:09 AM

Attorneys, like churches, are licensed by the government, and rare it is for someone to betray their creative entity, their "god."

This is true and is why it's a good reason to study law oneself and handles one's own affairs.

iOWNme
28th July 2010, 09:15 AM
lets the 4th branch decide

Trial by Jewry?

(I think you meant the third branch)

No i meant the 4th branch.......Hence my 'pipe dream' comment.

Low_five
28th July 2010, 09:20 AM
Ive also had the atf come over recently. To inspect for my new ffl dealership license. Should be coming in the mail asap.

mamboni
28th July 2010, 09:45 AM
http://ziofascism.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/edgar.jpg

Edgar Steele says: Follow TT's advice!

Do you mean this Edgar Steele?

Twisted Titan
29th July 2010, 07:01 AM
Ive also had the atf come over recently. To inspect for my new ffl dealership license. Should be coming in the mail asap.

Did they bust your chops at the visit??

What did it entail???

T

horseshoe3
29th July 2010, 07:04 AM
If it was an issue with the state laws and registration, why did the ATF pay the visit? Do they subcontract their "services" or something?

Twisted Titan
29th July 2010, 07:44 AM
If it was an issue with the state laws and registration, why did the ATF pay the visit? Do they subcontract their "services" or something?

It wasnt a problem of any of that.....

When I spoke with the Attorney he said something about my name being flagged in the ATF data base because I purchased 3 of the exact same make and model

I forgot the exact term he used but said something to affect that type of purchasing may be deemed "suspicious"

Then when they reach out to you........ The loaded questions start.

Awoke
29th July 2010, 07:48 AM
2) I have spreadloaded my weapon cache just in case the worst should befall me.

You should just give half your pistols to me for safekeeping.

:P

horseshoe3
29th July 2010, 07:53 AM
I guess they've heard of the rule of twos, but notthe rule of threes.

Twisted Titan
1st August 2010, 06:13 AM
I guess they've heard of the rule of twos, but notthe rule of threes.

You may laugh but that REALLY is my philosophy

If Two is one and one is none ,well........

THREE IS BEST OF ALL.

Every thing that I can afford I always try to purchase in triplicate