PDA

View Full Version : Tree of Liberty forum taken down...

Silver Shield
28th July 2010, 05:50 AM
GIM went down for very mysterious reasons...
Kitco took down their general discussion ...
And now Committee of Correspondence is taken down for lawsuit fears...

They say they are going private.

There is a new business model of suing blogs for reposting news articles.

The flow of information will slow unless more people take their information private.

I have changed my business model of posting articles to my blog to social media sites to promote my SonsofLibertyAcademy.com

I am now spending $1000 a month to get the same amount of leads.

I would rather spend money on advertising than on some scum sucker lawsuit.

What is GSUS going to do?

Ares
28th July 2010, 06:03 AM
Tree of liberty forums look to be up and running to me.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/

Update: ok I see where they've changed everything to Private.

sirgonzo420
28th July 2010, 06:10 AM
Should GSUS go "private"?

It's not like we have a ton of new people finding us daily anyway.

iOWNme
28th July 2010, 06:13 AM
How does making the forum 'private' stop reposting of articles?

Or is it supposed to stop the 'Media' from seeing that it has been reposted?

It is incredibly easy to re-write stories, using all of the facts, and adding the authors editorials for opinions.....I assume they are trying to force people to only go to the source, and then will be charged for content.

Didnt they learn a lesson from the Record companies and cd's? BIG MEDIA IS DOOMED, and they have known about it for a long time. That is why they had to start the 'Alternative media' outlets. Controlled opposition from day 1.

Twisted Titan
28th July 2010, 06:42 AM
Should GSUS go "private"?

It's not like we have a ton of new people finding us daily anyway.

YET............

gunDriller
28th July 2010, 06:43 AM

It is incredibly easy to re-write stories, using all of the facts, and adding the authors editorials for opinions.....I assume they are trying to force people to only go to the source, and then will be charged for content.

Didnt they learn a lesson from the Record companies and cd's? BIG MEDIA IS DOOMED, and they have known about it for a long time. That is why they had to start the 'Alternative media' outlets. Controlled opposition from day 1.

i think the best approach is to have a public-private mix. public for most of the material, private for some.

part of the answer is, what is time-effective for the mods. if someone posts an article and there is a copyright concern, shuffle it off to the forum category that has restricted read privileges.

iOWNme
28th July 2010, 06:54 AM

Yes i understand, but do we all think that because it is in a 'private area' that prying eyes wont be able to see? These forums are INCREDIBLY EASY to access with no 'aftermarket 3rd party' encryption. And even then, it isnt that hard. Unless you are willing to take the extra steps (Which again isnt that hard) most of these 'Patriot' forums are 'back doored' all day everyday. sh*t even look at the bots....We dont think that they might be the prying eyes, do we?

Im just trying to understand the logic behind making it private, if it all revolves around the reposting of news articles, that they could find out about anyway if they wanted to?

Kind of like the people that got sued for downloading music illegally in the beginning of Napster, ect. TPTB had everyones name who had 'stolen' copyrighted material. Just because you didnt get sued, didnt mean they didnt have all of your information and computer history.
i think the best approach is to have a public-private mix. public for most of the material, private for some.

part of the answer is, what is time-effective for the mods. if someone posts an article and there is a copyright concern, shuffle it off to the forum category that has restricted read privileges.

Glass
28th July 2010, 07:08 AM
I think under copyright you can reproduce if it is for education. I don't know if you can get away with some kind of acknowledgment?

I tend to quote a portion and then link to the article. Then people are reading the original if they are interested.

I think the guy who created this as a business model needs to be shutdown...... business wise I mean.

Awoke
28th July 2010, 08:27 AM
Glad to see you here again, Silver Shield.

J in AZ
28th July 2010, 09:12 AM
I think under copyright you can reproduce if it is for education. I don't know if you can get away with some kind of acknowledgment?

I tend to quote a portion and then link to the article. Then people are reading the original if they are interested.

I think the guy who created this as a business model needs to be shutdown...... business wise I mean.

Glass has the answer: post an excerpt with a link to the source material. I recall a recent thread here at GSUS that outlined the rules for this but I can't find it.

StackerKen
28th July 2010, 09:27 AM

Glass has the answer: post an excerpt with a link to the source material. I recall a recent thread here at GSUS that outlined the rules for this but I can't find it.

Yep thats what I do now.

Its easier anyhow.

StackerKen
28th July 2010, 09:29 AM
I like the Tree

Its a shame that it has to go private.

Sign of the times I guess

TPTB are winning the war against freedom :(

Ponce
28th July 2010, 09:51 AM
The people taking the sites to court are from Las Vegas, they say that they are making money.

First post of the day..................good morning to one and all.

Libertytree
28th July 2010, 10:22 AM
Our lines of communication and information have been and will continue to be compromised, little by little and piece by piece. Only face to face and word of trusted mouths will remain when it's all said and done, now is the time to open your local communication networks if you're able to, if not, you just might be standing alone.

Twisted Titan
28th July 2010, 02:20 PM

[i][b]While I agree with the spirit of that concept I tend to list any article in total for a few reasons:

Alot of the orginal sites are bombarded with banner ads which tend to muck up my computer (while I respect the writers need to draw revenue I cant have my computer get loaded down with tons of unrelated material)

Some people acess GSUS via blackberrys and other small handhelds and going to a hyperlink is just about the worse thing you can do it may take 10 minutes just for a single page to load.

In another era I would be more respectful of writer content but I really feel that time is far shorter than most of us would like to think and if I come across material that I think is pertinent I will get the information across to fellow Patriots as fast as I can possibly can.

I dont mean to offend......But Duty Calls.

T

Saul Mine
28th July 2010, 02:43 PM
In another era I would be more respectful of writer content but I really feel that time is far shorter than most of us would like to think and if I come across material that I think is pertinent I will get the information across to fellow Patriots as fast as I can possibly can.

Offense has nothing to do with it. Duty has nothing to do with it. In case you didn't get the memo, reality is broken and what matters now is CYA. We have to learn new rules whether we like them or not.

Book
28th July 2010, 02:57 PM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/the-adl-assault-on-internet-forums-%28must-read-report%29/msg87238/#msg87238

Related.

Phoenix
28th July 2010, 03:28 PM

I welcome some SOB suing me for non-profit, educational dissemination of news. It's like the people who live in fear of debt collectors. Mostly bark and no bite...if you bite back. These litigatory pricks use fear and intimidation, but they don't like "victims" that return fire...just like the petty thugs they are.

Given that this Jew in Vegas has reported connections to the Crook County Machine (including Obama), I'd love to implement discovery on him.

Unless so ordered by JQP, I shall continue to post full-text material for non-profit, educational purposes, with a link to the source, out of courtesy.

Phoenix
28th July 2010, 03:30 PM

Offense has nothing to do with it. Duty has nothing to do with it. In case you didn't get the memo, reality is broken and what matters now is CYA. We have to learn new rules whether we like them or not.

Then I guess you better delete your account here immediately. After all, you have to "CYA."

I will not live in fear, nor be intimidated into changing justifiable behavior.

lapis
28th July 2010, 03:52 PM
Normally I'm all for providing a link and excerpted text to a news story, but for MSM news of breaking events, sometimes it's good to cut and paste the whole story because they tend to edit the story later on. And some facts then conveniently disappear.

Grand Master Melon
28th July 2010, 04:05 PM
Normally I'm all for providing a link and excerpted text to a news story, but for MSM news of breaking events, sometimes it's good to cut and paste the whole story because they tend to edit the story later on. And some facts then conveniently disappear.
Great point.