PDA

View Full Version : Mexican soldiers find $7 million in cash in slain drug lord's house

MNeagle
2nd August 2010, 09:33 AM
MEXICO CITY - Mexican federal prosecutors say troops who raided a house of a major kingpin killed in a gunbattle with soldiers found $7 million in cash.

A statement from the federal Attorney General's Office says soldiers also found jewelry, luxury watches, guns, two hand grenades and three expensive cars in the house where Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel was killed Thursday.

Coronel killed a soldier and wounded another in the clash in the Guadalajara suburb of Zapopan. His right-hand man, Francisco Quinones, was arrested.

Coronel was the No. 3 of the Sinaloa drug cartel led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, Mexico's most-wanted drug lord.

The statement was released Saturday.

http://www.startribune.com/world/99698304.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

MNeagle
2nd August 2010, 09:35 AM
Let me guess, it wasn't in pesos either...?

mamboni
2nd August 2010, 09:48 AM

Yeah, and if you believe they only found "$7 million" I have a bridge to sell you.

More like $70 million was found. $7 million was handed over to make it look believable.

willie pete
2nd August 2010, 10:46 AM

Yeah, and if you believe they only found "$7 million" I have a bridge to sell you.

More like $70 million was found. $7 million was handed over to make it look believable.

EXACTLY....'cause we all know the Mexican Federales aren't corrupt :lol

But $7m? Pfftttt.....Just take a look at Mamboni's basement..... :D

mamboni
2nd August 2010, 10:57 AM

EXACTLY....'cause we all know the Mexican Federales aren't corrupt :lol

But $7m? Pfftttt.....Just take a look at Mamboni's basement..... :D

That stack of cash just takes your breath away, don't it! :laugh :imskerd:

willie pete
2nd August 2010, 11:09 AM
Yep, it does, and that's not exactly a small stack of Euros in the front either...probably at least a Mil ;D