PDA

View Full Version : Double penalties proposed for Pot Brownies

Phoenix
2nd August 2010, 01:13 PM
http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1008/pot_brownies_under_attack.html

Pot Brownies under attack

By PATRICK GAVIN | 8/2/10 11:52 AM EDT

Congress may be more clever than you think. The Senate approved anti-drug legislation that may help squash one of the sneakier ways of getting high: pot brownies.

The Saving Kids From Dangerous Drugs Act of 2009, which passed the Senate unanimously Friday, includes language that could make the fines and jail time for cooking and distributing pot brownies double those for possessing regular (uncooked) marijuana. From the bill:

(1) UNLAWFUL ACTS — Except as authorized under this title, including paragraph (3), it shall be unlawful for any person at least 18 years of age to knowingly or intentionally manufacture or create, with intent to manufacture, create, distribute, or dispense, a controlled substance listed in schedule I or II that is —

(A) combined with a candy product;

(B) marketed or packaged to appear similar to a candy product; and

(C) modified by flavoring or coloring the controlled substance with the intent to distribute, dispense, or sell the controlled substance to a person under 18 years of age.

(2) PENALTIES — Except as provided in section 418, 419, or 420, any person who violates paragraph (1) of this subsection shall be subject to —

(A) 2 times the maximum punishment and at least 2 times any term of supervised release.

"The text singles out 'candy products,' which is a broad grouping," writes Michael Whitney at FireDogLake. "It also specifies products 'modified by flavoring or coloring,' which expands the scope of the law. While the bill is ostensibly aimed at distributing drugs to people under the age of 18, it’s broad enough to pose serious problems for both medical marijuana patients and for dispensaries selling these products to patients."

Gaillo
2nd August 2010, 01:24 PM
Anyone who cannot see that this "war on drugs" is actually a war on PEOPLE is such a complete moron that there's probably not much hope for them...

gunDriller
2nd August 2010, 01:34 PM
Anyone who cannot see that this "war on drugs" is actually a war on PEOPLE is such a complete moron that there's probably not much hope for them...

and Obama signed it.

what would be the opposite of "Hail Obama ?"

Liah Obama

of course, Bush was a liar too. both of them. and Clinton and Reagan. so we haven't had a semi-honest President since Carter.

Saul Mine
2nd August 2010, 02:17 PM
The last candidate to base a campaign on good character and leadership was Barry Goldwater, and you know what happened to him. For forty five years the American people have steadfastly voted for the sleaziest candidate they could find.

One thing you should not kid yourself about: politicians seem corrupt because they are correctly representing a corrupt nation.

Hatha Sunahara
2nd August 2010, 04:20 PM
The last candidate to base a campaign on good character and leadership was Barry Goldwater, and you know what happened to him. For forty five years the American people have steadfastly voted for the sleaziest candidate they could find.

One thing you should not kid yourself about: politicians seem corrupt because they are correctly representing a corrupt nation.

Politicans represent corrupt 'special interests' not the people. They try to maintain the illusion of democracy.

I'd like to know how they can pass such a law when so many states are going in the direction of legalizing pot.

What is it about pot that TPTB find so threatening that they have to punish people for using it? I can understand how synthetic fiber producers and newsprint producers would want to see less competition from a superior natural product, but why do the politicians have to forever beat the drums against pot? Are they afraid it will demotivate the labor force? Reduce productivity of slaves? Or are they afraid it will wake up the slaves? Is pot like those sunglasses in They Live! (the movie)?

Hatha

Hatha

k-os
2nd August 2010, 04:47 PM
Oh man, pot brownies are the only way I like to consume the herb. I am personally not a big fan of weed (paranoia abounds), but brownies are mellow.

Good question, Hatha. Perhaps they are so worried about pot (and other natural drugs) because they have the ability to compete with Big Pharma, whose lobbyists are in every party's pocket.

Phoenix
2nd August 2010, 04:53 PM
Oh man, pot brownies are the only way I like to consume the herb. I am personally not a big fan of weed (paranoia abounds), but brownies are mellow.

Good question, Hatha. Perhaps they are so worried about pot (and other natural drugs) because they have the ability to compete with Big Pharma, whose lobbyists are in every party's pocket.

It's actually a Satanic thing. If people can experience a consciousness other than that prescribed by the System, then they lose control over that person, of however short duration.

God made cannabis, man made beer; who do you trust?

(and no, I'm not a pot-head, despite living in the Emerald Triangle)

k-os
2nd August 2010, 04:58 PM

I'd rather have beer, I hope that doesn't make me a Satan worshiper. You never know around here.

iOWNme
2nd August 2010, 05:06 PM
Meanwhile INGESTING Cannabis is the most effective way for its medicine to work. Smoking it is the least effective way.

ANYONE who supports the .gov dictating what somebody can put into their body (Private Temple) is a STATIST, and my political enemy.

StackerKen
2nd August 2010, 05:19 PM
Thats Totally Bogus Dude!

http://media.washtimes.com/media/community/uploads/spicoli_jpg_268x1000_q85.jpg

BrewTech
2nd August 2010, 05:35 PM

Good question, Hatha.

(and no, I'm not a pot-head, despite living in the Emerald Triangle)

God creates beer through brewers such as myself. Beer is God's work, even if the brewer is an atheist.

sirgonzo420
2nd August 2010, 05:52 PM
Meanwhile INGESTING Cannabis is the most effective way for its medicine to work. Smoking it is the least effective way.

ANYONE who supports the .gov dictating what somebody can put into their body (Private Temple) is a STATIST, and my political enemy.

That's why ya gotta make up for it by smoking more.

;D

the riot act
2nd August 2010, 05:53 PM

Ken you need to go HERE (http://dudeism.com/) and get a diploma! ;D

Phoenix
2nd August 2010, 05:59 PM

I'd rather have beer, I hope that doesn't make me a Satan worshiper. You never know around here.

LOL, I'm a teetotaler myself!

StackerKen
2nd August 2010, 07:28 PM

I like it! :D

Saul Mine
2nd August 2010, 08:24 PM

A dude is an unmarried man. A married man is subdude.

Celtic Rogue
3rd August 2010, 07:48 AM
:banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta :banrasta

Heimdhal
3rd August 2010, 08:02 AM

But he also made Mead.......and Mead is made of awesome.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
3rd August 2010, 12:46 PM
Actually, cannabis has never been scientifically proven to be dangerous. "Saving kids from dangerous drugs" is a misnomer. There has never been a scientific study which proved any danger whatsoever.

Now it may actually be dangerous, but without the study, we just don't know, do we?

Phoenix
3rd August 2010, 12:50 PM
Actually, cannabis has never been scientifically proven to be dangerous. "Saving kids from dangerous drugs" is a misnomer. There has never been a scientific study which proved any danger whatsoever.

Now it may actually be dangerous, but without the study, we just don't know, do we?

Marijuana is as "dangerous" as water. Both can kill you.

iOWNme
3rd August 2010, 12:51 PM

I 100% agree.

BUT ANY smoke in your lungs IS BAD. Im not saying you will get lung cancer, because there is absolutely NO scientific data, or peer reviewed journals that have any factual evidence of such. Just a general rule of thumb for biological beings. Smoke in lungs = BAD.

That is why ingesting and vaporizers have become so popular.....

sirgonzo420
3rd August 2010, 12:52 PM

I think water is much more dangerous than marijuana.

Water certainly has millions more kills under it's belt.

Hell, water has tried to kill me before, before I put it in it's place. ;D

I've have been trying to kill myself with cannabis for years to no avail, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna give up now!

Phoenix
3rd August 2010, 01:08 PM

I've have been trying to kill myself with cannabis for years to no avail, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna give up now!

You have a point, but water, like marijuana, doesn't do anything by itself. STUPIDITY is what kills; water or pot are merely the instruments of death. True, it's far more easy for the STUPID to die from water than pot.

http://www.dhmo.org/

TheNocturnalEgyptian
3rd August 2010, 01:42 PM
Sure, of course, combusted carbon of any type is bad for the lungs.

Which is why it is so interesting that they're penalizing those people who like to eat it, so as to avoid smoking....This is the route a lung cancer patient would have to take, for example...

I 100% agree.

BUT ANY smoke in your lungs IS BAD. Im not saying you will get lung cancer, because there is absolutely NO scientific data, or peer reviewed journals that have any factual evidence of such. Just a general rule of thumb for biological beings. Smoke in lungs = BAD.

That is why ingesting and vaporizers have become so popular.....

Joe King
3rd August 2010, 03:51 PM

Good luck with that, you'll need it.
I hope you won't mind if we don't keep the folks at Guinness' World Records on hold while you endeavor to be the first ever to succeed at that task.

If it's euthanasia one seeks, $5 worth of aspirin would be a much quicker way. Or $5 worth water, for that matter.

sirgonzo420
3rd August 2010, 03:54 PM

I hope you won't mind if we don't keep the folks at Guinness' World Records on hold while you endeavor to be the first ever to succeed at that task.

If it's euthanasia one seeks, $5 worth of aspirin would be a much quicker way. Or $5 worth water, for that matter.

Thanks for the tips but stupid ol' me has to do it the hard way!

;D

Joe King
3rd August 2010, 04:03 PM

Thanks for the tips but stupid ol' me has to do it the hard way!

;D
That'd be a good thing then. Far too many people {i.e. zombies} take the easy way.