PDA

View Full Version : Silver dime for 1.00

Silver Rocket Bitches!
3rd August 2010, 07:51 AM
Limit one per customer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/90-Silver-Dimes-1-00-each-Free-Shipping-/190426227099

Heimdhal
3rd August 2010, 07:54 AM
Hes gonna lose money unless he got them all for free.

10x face isnt so bad, unless they are all that heavily worn. But when you consider postage is at what, .47 cents or something, thats going to eat into his profits.

k-os
3rd August 2010, 07:56 AM
I wonder why you can only buy one? Seems like they'd spend a lot on shipping that way.

Plastic
3rd August 2010, 07:58 AM
Maybe trying to boost his rating?

Heimdhal
3rd August 2010, 07:59 AM

Most likley this

StackerKen
3rd August 2010, 08:02 AM

Exactly what he is doing.

Some do this just to Buy feedback. But this guy has feedback But I see it could use a boost.
He probably wants to to try to get it back in a higher percentage.

I did this exact same sale bout 8 years ago to get feedback. It worked well for me.

Im getting one

Heimdhal
3rd August 2010, 08:05 AM
I think I might pick one up from each Ebay account. 90% is going about 13x face atm (1.30 or so for a dime) so hey, might as well.

Sparky
3rd August 2010, 10:05 AM
I dunno. At 13x, and at one per customer, you come out 30 cents ahead in the deal, so it doesn't seem worth the bother. Of course, one could argue that I have just wasted the equivalent time by bothering to write this stupid post.

1970 silver art
3rd August 2010, 12:46 PM
It is very rare that I buy any 90% silver but I just bought a silver dime from this ebay seller in the OP's link. It's just a $1 so it was no big deal to me.

Shorty Harris
3rd August 2010, 01:31 PM
yeah, hes gotta have some angle, not sure what, but he does.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for a great deal as much as the next guy..but whats in if for him?

133 sold so far

StackerKen
3rd August 2010, 02:17 PM
yeah, hes gotta have some angle, not sure what, but he does.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for a great deal as much as the next guy..but whats in if for him?

133 sold so far

We told you Shorty. He is doing it for feedback.
You could contact the seller and ask him though.

Heimdhal
3rd August 2010, 02:45 PM
if hed do more than 1 per cutsomer, that would be 14 dollar an ounce silver (since theres 1 ounce of silver in 14 dimes).

Thats not too bad if you ask me. Maybe Ill message him and try to make a deal.

Kali
3rd August 2010, 03:19 PM
This guys knows what hes doing. He makes a lot more than $1 here.

Heimdhal
3rd August 2010, 03:52 PM

how so?

1970 silver art
3rd August 2010, 04:13 PM

how so?

Yeah I like to know that too. I seriously doubt that this ebay seller got them at face value. I wonder how much it will cost to mail a single 90% silver dime. Then you got the ebay and paypal fees.

Like some of the previous posters said, This ebay seller was probably boosting his feedback rating %. A 98.7% positive feedback does not sound that great to me even with a 5942 feedback score.

willie pete
3rd August 2010, 05:11 PM
He could be just doing this to produce a mailing list, here are more listings from the same seller, this same Ebay ad was attached to an E-mail I got from a dealer I'd dealt with in the past, "Mike's Coins" on E-bay, this guy IS a shyster, avoid him at all cost, I have to beleive he's connected somehow to "Oldsaratogacoins"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190426506208

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190424535607

Heimdhal
3rd August 2010, 05:12 PM
He could be just doing this to produce a mailing list, here are more listings from the same seller, this same Ebay ad was attached to an E-mail I got from a dealer I'd dealt with in the past, "Mike's Coins" on E-bay, this guy IS a shyster, avoid him at all cost, I have to beleive he's connected somehow to "Oldsaratogacoins"

All well. If he doesnt send it, its only a $1. If he does, then great. He can have my accounts email, since its on a junk email anyways (and its my wifes account, techincaly!).

Ill be leaving bad feedback for sure if I dont get my dime though.

1970 silver art
3rd August 2010, 07:13 PM

All well. If he doesnt send it, its only a $1. If he does, then great. He can have my accounts email, since its on a junk email anyways (and its my wifes account, techincaly!).

Ill be leaving bad feedback for sure if I dont get my dime though.

I did get an email from the ebay seller stating that "A package is being prepared to ship to you via U.S. Postal Service-First Class". I was also given a confirmation # to track the package. I will definately be on the look out for it. If I end up not getting it, then it is a $1 lost and a negative feedback given. Despite his 98.7 Feedback %, I not that worried about it. Like I said, it's just a $1. Not a big gamble IMO. That is the risk that I take. I normally would not buy anything from an ebay seller with less than a 99% rating but I made an exception with this ebay seller since it was just a $1.

StackerKen
3rd August 2010, 08:11 PM
I can pretty much Guarantee we we get our silver dime from this guy.

He is doing it to get positive feedback...(i know, cause I have done it too.)

So He is gonna do his best to make the buyers happy...

Art: That is the kind of seller I like, that makes sure you get an email confirming your payment is received and then gives you a Tracking # (this means he is spending more than 47cents to ship it too.)

When you get your dime I think you should leave him a positive feed back for his troubles.

I know I will.

1970 silver art
3rd August 2010, 08:22 PM

Art: That is the kind of seller I like, that makes sure you get an email confirming your payment is received and then gives you a Tracking # (this means he is spending more than 47cents to ship it too.)

When you get your dime I think you should leave him a positive feed back for his troubles.

I know I will.

Once I get my dime, then I plan to leave a positive feedback. In the past when I have won ebay auctions, I have always left positive feedback and a 5-star rating in each category once I have received the item in the mail. So far, I have never left any negative feedback for an ebay seller.

StackerKen
3rd August 2010, 08:46 PM
Willie! Very nice avatar! :)

Kali
3rd August 2010, 11:59 PM

how so?

Much of it has been mentioned here already.

His feedback and the mailing list he'll be compiling is worth more than $1 a coin.

Eyeballs cost good money.

TylerDurden
4th August 2010, 08:08 AM

I know I will.

Yeah, there was a guy on ebay a few months back that was doing this exact same thing (selling silver dimes for $1 for the positive feedback). He even included a letter with the coin basically saying, I'm losing money on this but I'm doing it for the feedback so please be sure to leave it.

chad
9th August 2010, 05:34 AM
i got mine in saturdays mail. a 1959. ;D

Heimdhal
9th August 2010, 01:44 PM
As did I. 64 rosie. Pretty darn good condition too.

k-os
10th August 2010, 12:20 PM
I got mine. A shiny 1964 Roosevelt.

gunDriller
10th August 2010, 01:38 PM
i have a Paypal account but i've never used eBay.

this is my big chance !

so i gather you have to register on eBay.

StackerKen
10th August 2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah driller But its too late for this deal...

and I never got around to ordering mine :(

oh well

Shorty Harris
10th August 2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah, after some thought I pulled the trigger on it too. Received A 64 Rosie. Not bad for a buck.

beefsteak
10th August 2010, 04:21 PM
I wonder why you can only buy one? Seems like they'd spend a lot on shipping that way.

Me thinks others took a sec to look through his other items for sale and probably bought something.
He sure got more than a buck which he spent on shipping, tracking, and packaging.

Feedback? Maybe, Maybe not.

In the life insurance biz, a "hot lead" is still sold around the office for $25 per by the team manager of new recruits. Used to be $8, then it went to $15. Now it's $25 they tell me.

Inflation I guess.

1970 silver art
11th August 2010, 02:32 PM
I just got my silver dime in the mail today. It is dated 1957.