PDA

View Full Version : Mosque Near Ground Zero Gets OK

MNeagle
4th August 2010, 06:12 AM
The city's Landmarks Preservation Commission paved the way for a proposed mosque and Islamic cultural center to rise near the site of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, voting unanimously Tuesday to deny landmark status to a 152-year-old building.

Opponents, angry over the proximity of the project to Ground Zero, had hoped that a landmark designation would derail plans to replace the existing building with the 13-story, $100 million Islamic center.

But Commission Chairman Robert B. Tierney said the building at Park Place near Broadway "does not rise to the level of an individual landmark." The panel, which voted 9-0, is appointed by Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who has defended the project.

The project, now known as Park 51, has become the center of an intense national controversy, with a slew of prominent Republicans from New York and around the country, including former Mayor Rudy Giuliani and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, denouncing it.

The vote—taken amid heavy security at a theater at Pace University in Lower Manhattan—is viewed as the principal municipal hurdle for the project. Commissioner after commissioner said the building isn't unique and lacks the characteristics necessary for a landmark. Manhattan has more than 11,000 landmarked properties.

Manhattan resident Linda Rivera, her eyes wet with tears, sat quietly in the audience holding a sign that read: "Don't glorify murders of 3,000—no 9/11 victory mosque."

As the commissioners left the room following the vote, another audience member, Andy Sullivan of Queens, yelled to ask if any of them had lost a loved one during the attacks by Muslim extremists that felled the World Trade Center. He said commissioners should look into the television cameras and "apologize for this disgrace."

Mr. Sullivan, who is in the construction business, predicted that some construction workers will refuse to build the mosque. "You're going to have a problem getting labor there because everybody I talked to—they will not lift a finger to construct that disgrace."

Megan Pugney, a New Jersey resident who works for the Muslim Consultative Network, a local advocacy organization, came out Tuesday to support the mosque.

"Regardless of their personal opinion of what they believe of a community center being built, they made the decision based on fact," Ms. Pugney said, praising the commission.

Asked what she would say to families who lost loved ones on Sept. 11, she said, "I know your pain. I know many of the people who also passed…I feel your pain. It was not real Muslims who did that."

Rick Lazio, a Republican candidate for governor who attended the commission's vote, called on Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to investigate the finances of the project's backers. "The people deserve to know where the source of the money is, including whether it's foreign governments," he said.

"This not about religion,' Mr. Lazio said. "We have over 100 mosques in New York City. There is no reason why it needs to be 101 or 102 or 103. It's about this particular mosque."

Organizers have said they hope to use the project—which includes plans for lecture halls, classrooms, a gym and catering facilities—to promote interfaith dialogue and to battle extremism. They said they won't ban foreign donations, but they have pledged to work with the attorney general's charity bureau and the U.S. Treasury Department, as well as have non-Muslim members of the center's board, to help allay concerns. They also have pledged to build a memorial to the Sept. 11 victims into the center.

At noon, Mr. Bloomberg and City Council Speaker Christine Quinn joined a slew of religious leaders under cloudy skies on Governors Island to praise the commission's decision. Mr. Bloomberg said the first responders at Ground Zero died protecting the city, the country and the constitution.

"We do not honor their lives by denying the very constitutional rights they died protecting," he said.

The American Center for Law and Justice, a Washington-based conservative group that focuses on constitutional law, plans Wednesday to file a lawsuit challenging the commission decision.

"The actions taken by the City of New York represent a blatant disregard for the city's own procedures, while ignoring the fact that this is a historic and hallowed site that should not be destroyed to build an Islamic mosque," said Jay Sekulow, the group's chief counsel.

The mayor predicted any legal challenge would fail.

The Rev. Brian Jordan from the Church of St. Francis of Assisi, who served as a chaplain at Ground Zero, said, "Islam did not bring down those towers—it was fanaticism."

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-JL595_MOSQUE_D_20100803195302.jpg

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703545604575407131182033768.html?m od=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read

Phoenix
4th August 2010, 08:31 AM
I will join with the sentiments of most New Yorkers that, if built, it should be blown up.

k-os
4th August 2010, 11:51 AM
Perhaps some people think that if they build a mosque there, then the area around it will be safeguarded against suicide bombers/attacks. You never know.

illumin19
4th August 2010, 12:59 PM
Ignorance...........

I noticed the news never shows a map of "ground zero" and location of the new masjid being built. It's 2 blocks away and around the corner.

YOu can't even see it unless you go looking for it.

Even so, I expect alot more noise on this and for it to be "violated" by some emotional people but that's ok, we can chalk it under "anti-semitism"......right?

Phoenix
6th August 2010, 09:07 PM
Ignorance...........

I noticed the news never shows a map of "ground zero" and location of the new masjid being built. It's 2 blocks away and around the corner.

Even so, I expect alot more noise on this and for it to be "violated" by some emotional people but that's ok, we can chalk it under "anti-semitism"......right?

Like there was no other location in all of New York City for it. This damnable thing is being put there deliberately.

PatColo
6th August 2010, 10:18 PM
Were America Attacked by Scary Moozlems on 9/11? (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10142)

by David Ray Griffin

Much of America's foreign policy since 9/11 has been based on the assumption that it was attacked by Scary Moozlems on that day. This assumption was used, most prominently, to justify the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. It is now widely agreed that the use of 9/11 as a basis for attacking Iraq was illegitimate: none of the hijackers were Iraqis, there was no working relation between Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden, and Iraq was not behind the anthrax attacks. But it is still widely believed that the US attack on Afghanistan was justified. For example, the New York Times, while referring to the US attack on Iraq as a "war of choice," calls the battle in Afghanistan a "war of necessity." Time magazine has dubbed it "the right war." And Barack Obama says that one reason to wind down our involvement in Iraq is to have the troops and resources to "go after the people in Afghanistan who actually attacked us on 9/11."

The assumption that America was attacked by Scary Moozlems on 9/11 also lies behind the widespread perception of Islam as an inherently violent religion and therefore of Scary Moozlems as guilty until proven innocent. This perception surely contributed to attempts to portray Obama as a Scary Moozlem, which was lampooned by a controversial cartoon on the July 21, 2008, cover of The New Yorker.

As could be illustrated by reference to many other post-9/11 developments, including as spying, torture, extraordinary rendition, military tribunals, America's new doctrine of preemptive war, and its enormous increase in military spending, the assumption that the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were attacked by Scary Moozlem hijackers has had enormous negative consequences for both international and domestic issues.1

Is it conceivable that this assumption might be false? Insofar as Americans and Canadians would say "No," they would express their belief that this assumption is not merely an "assumption" but is instead based on strong evidence. When actually examined, however, the proffered evidence turns out to be remarkably weak. I will illustrate this point by means of 16 questions.

1. Were Mohamed Atta and the Other Hijackers Devout Scary Moozlems?
more... (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10142)

aww jeez looky there, every time I check that number gets bigger, 1,241 licensed architects & engineers (http://ae911truth.org) now calling the official 9/11 CT a fraud! ;D

http://www.ae911truth.net/flash/wtc7ani2.swf

http://www.ae911truth.org/images/explo2.jpg

Meanwhile, the REAL 911 PERPS' (http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/the-zionist-elephant-in-the-room/msg2940/#msg2940) banks & synagogues are peppered liberally around ground zero...

illumin19
6th August 2010, 11:44 PM
Ignorance...........

Like there was no other location in all of New York City for it. This damnable thing is being put there deliberately.

Of course it's being put there deliberately. 2 blocks down and around the corner. I bet why most people are opposed to it is because they think it's literally ON GROUND ZERO.

It's interesting how the "news" never mentions it's not actually on "ground zero" yet still gets the name "ground zero mosque."
Clever choice of words to inflame sentiment off the bat.

keehah
8th August 2010, 08:16 PM
'Museum Of Tolerance' Director Opposes Mosque But Built Museum On Muslim Cemetery (http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/museum_of_tolerance_director_opposes_mosque_but_bu .php?ref=mblt)

The group behind the recently opened "Museum of Tolerance" museum in Manhattan has come out against a planned Islamic community center, which includes a mosque, near Ground Zero.

"Religious freedom does not mean being insensitive...or an idiot," Rabbi Meyer May, the Wiesenthal Center's executive director, told Crain's New York.

"Religion is supposed to be beautiful," he said. "Why create pain in the name of religion?"

It's a topic he knows something about. The Wiesenthal Center caused an uproar in for building one of its Museums of Tolerance on top of an old Muslim burial ground in Jerusalem.

The building of that museum has "resulted in digging up the remains of people who had been buried in a Muslim cemetery for generations," according to City University professor Marnia Lazreg. Indeed, in 2006, workers dug up bones, and an Arab group sued to stop the project from going forward.

The Wiesenthal Center has pushed forward, however, and in 2008 the Israeli Supreme Court declared that the center was allowed to build its museum on the land.

Phoenix
8th August 2010, 10:20 PM
Perhaps some people think that if they build a mosque there, then the area around it will be safeguarded against suicide bombers/attacks. You never know.

There is ONE purpose in putting that damnable thing there: to slap the faces of all New Yorkers.

It doesn't matter that Muslims didn't do 9/11; most people believe they did, and if this Muslim trash respected the losses people suffered that day, they'd not deliberately inflame the situation.

keehah
9th August 2010, 12:13 AM
What type of trash are you Phoenix?

Phoenix
9th August 2010, 12:53 PM

Did I strike a nerve?

Have you done your Hajj to kiss Allah's Siva Yoni (vagina)?

keehah
9th August 2010, 05:08 PM
Not really, just wanted to understand your perspective within or without the Abrahamic threesome to understand the out of place emotive hijacking in your comment.

Why did you ask and leap to an answer, were you trolling?

zap
9th August 2010, 05:16 PM
I would be against putting any religious structure, ie church/mosque on ground zero, but from what I've read it isn't in the footprint or anywhere close to where the towers stood.

goldmonkey
9th August 2010, 05:29 PM
Jews and Muslims out of the USA. Problem Solved.
Keep your weird Middle East shit in the Middle East.
You know you don't belong here.
Sick of this shit.

PatColo
11th August 2010, 07:57 PM
Islamic Studies Expert:
U.S. Should Apologize to Muslims, Build Mega-Mosque AT Ground Zero
...at Taxpayer Expense! (http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-50000-watt-slugfest-with-mike-pintek.html)

also see

My Letter to Obama:
"Build a Mega-Mosque ON Ground Zero to Atone for 9/11 Inside job!" (http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-letter-to-obama-letter-to-obama.html)

Monday, August 9, 2010
My 50,000 Watt Slugfest with Mike Pintek on KDKA Pittsburgh
Kevin Barrett was interviewed by Mike Pintek on KDKA Pittsburgh, blasting out 9/11 truth at 50,000 watts on America’s first radio station!

Direct link to MP3 file (http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=edwardrynearson.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.radiodujour.com%2Fmp3%2F20100 809-mike-pintek-kevin-barrett.mp3&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fedwardrynearson.wordpress.com%2F 2010%2F08%2F09%2Fmike-pintek-kevin-barret%2F)

mightymanx
11th August 2010, 08:06 PM
Why is it when you mention Islam everyone gets a case of the neocons?

Apparently the brainwashing is more thourough than most people realize.

UFM
11th August 2010, 08:17 PM

as if you wont pollute da earth wen YOU die

BrewTech
11th August 2010, 08:33 PM
I will join with the sentiments of most New Yorkers that, if built, it should be blown up.

Not.

ETA: This thread, like many others, is perfect for dragging the neocons out into the light where they can be clearly identified.

DMac
11th August 2010, 08:37 PM
Let's not blow up anything in populated areas. TIA!

BrewTech
11th August 2010, 08:59 PM
Let's not blow up anything in populated areas. TIA!

Good idea! Very sane!

Phoenix
11th August 2010, 09:22 PM
Islamic Studies Expert: U.S. Should Apologize to Muslims, Build Mega-Mosque AT Ground Zero...at Taxpayer Expense!

BULLSH*T

Fu*k this "expert."

How about we do this fair? A hydrogen bomb on Mecca AND Tel Aviv?

Phoenix
11th August 2010, 09:24 PM

Not.

ETA: This thread, like many others, is perfect for dragging the neocons out into the light where they can be clearly identified.

Drumblebum, you know god-da*ned well I am no "neo-con."

PatColo
11th August 2010, 09:34 PM
Islamic Studies Expert: U.S. Should Apologize to Muslims, Build Mega-Mosque AT Ground Zero...at Taxpayer Expense!

BULLSH*T

Fu*k this "expert."

Kevin Barrett later comments:

Kevin Barrett said...

I think you missed the joke. As everybody knows, this "proposal" will be taken seriously by the powers that be when jahannam freezes over. My proposal is an attempt at humor. What's funny (to some people at least) is the extreme incongruity between this proposal and the dominant discourse about the "Ground Zero mosque" controversy. And what makes it even funnier is that the proposal for a mega-mosque with Twin Minarets replacing the Twin Towers -- the ultimate nightmare of brainwashed boobs like Pintek and the other couple of hundred million American victims of orchestrated islamophobia -- is that this proposal isn't really outrageous at all, given the sorry realities (9/11 inside job followed by islamophobic genocide).

It's hard to write, or "get," satire when reality is as outrageous as it is now. Still, if you tell the truth, make it funny or they'll kill you. I would hate to die at the hands of someone who doesn't get this joke...but at least I'd die laughing.

one of the reader comments at the blog (http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-50000-watt-slugfest-with-mike-pintek.html) corrected the proposal for truth,

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about 100%, but I feel the Zionists, who have plenty of spare money from their ongoing looting of nations (including America) should rightfully fund everything you seek.

BrewTech
11th August 2010, 09:49 PM

BULLSH*T

Fu*k this "expert."

Methinks someone needs to take a break and catch their breath...

Phoenix
12th August 2010, 12:24 AM

BULLSH*T

Fu*k this "expert."

Methinks someone needs to take a break and catch their breath...

That headline doesn't rile you? Rather than making me "rethink" my response, I must ask, instead, about your lack of passion: "Why?"

Phoenix
12th August 2010, 12:34 AM
I think you missed the joke. As everybody knows, this "proposal" will be taken seriously by the powers that be when jahannam freezes over.

Bush was spewing about "the religion of peace" from 9/12/01 in countless statements. And now we've got a Muslim in the White House, who wants us to know that Islam is "just another path to peace." Not taken seriously? Right. A taxpayer-funded abomination like that would be a porkbarrel (LOL) project that even Chuckie Schumer could latch on to.

orchestrated islamophobia

"Islamophobia" is a PROPAGANDA TERM pushed by the anti-American racket called CAIR...just like "anti-Semitism" is pushed by the anti-American racket called the ADL. It is a fraudulent label, since it implies that Islam is nothing to fear or despise, and that doing so is "ignorant."

Islam has been a menace to the civilized world since it was founded, centuries before the Khazars adopted the Talmud.

I'm all for containment of Islam in the currently infected areas. As long as the disease stays there, I say live and let live. But, the disease isn't staying there, it's moving into Europe, America, and Australia, just like it did in India & Indonesia, and everywhere else it is now. Islam and Muslims do not belong here, and shifting the focus to the Jews is just as dishonest as anything AIPAC does.

PatColo
12th August 2010, 05:38 AM
orchestrated islamophobia

"Islamophobia" is a PROPAGANDA TERM pushed by the anti-American racket called CAIR...just like "anti-Semitism" is pushed by the anti-American racket called the ADL. It is a fraudulent label, since it implies that Islam is nothing to fear or despise, and that doing so is "ignorant."

Islam has been a menace to the civilized world since it was founded, centuries before the Khazars adopted the Talmud.

I'm all for containment of Islam in the currently infected areas. As long as the disease stays there, I say live and let live. But, the disease isn't staying there, it's moving into Europe, America, and Australia, just like it did in India & Indonesia, and everywhere else it is now. Islam and Muslims do not belong here, and shifting the focus to the Jews is just as dishonest as anything AIPAC does.

chutzpah maneuver 101, :lol

They're masters at projecting their own evil onto others, flipping reality 180 degrees, or what I call the chutzpah maneuver. This sham zionist 'Stop the Scary-Moozlemization of America' organization is a classic example: projecting their own intentions onto an innocent group, while posturing as 'protectors' with righteous & altruistic intentions.

There's hope for you though Phoenix, help is out there.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1_WxkOeIxkk/TFDHELMlavI/AAAAAAAAAbg/Y55pipBw-ts/s320/anti-jew-bus-ad.jpg ;)

Shorty Harris
12th August 2010, 07:39 AM
Just another case of the forced, perceived lie of accepted integration.

If they want to create a memorial to the dead of 9/11, great! I'm all for it. But is it really necessary to place a symbol of the same faith as the (supposed & widely Believed) people, who caused the site to even consider a memorial?

Remembrance doesn't need to involve religion..of ANY type.

Phoenix
12th August 2010, 11:51 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1_WxkOeIxkk/TFDHELMlavI/AAAAAAAAAbg/Y55pipBw-ts/s320/anti-jew-bus-ad.jpg ;)

Towelhead apologist, why don't you aim to help Muslims - or are you a Muslim yourself - that are obsessed with kissing Allah's vagina?

http://www.crystalinks.com/blackstone2.jpg

Your cheap-ass tactic of claiming everyone who opposes the "Religion" of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha">Child Molestation</a> is a "Jew" or "Zionist" isn't working.

Fortyone
13th August 2010, 05:48 PM

Towelhead apologist, why don't you aim to help Muslims - or are you a Muslim yourself - that are obsessed with kissing Allah's vagina?

http://www.crystalinks.com/blackstone2.jpg

Your cheap-ass tactic of claiming everyone who opposes the "Religion" of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aisha">Child Molestation</a> is a "Jew" or "Zionist" isn't working.

Because 1500 engineers and architects said "looky there" ?

illumin19
14th August 2010, 12:16 AM
"IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME" :D

Field of Dreams

"It is...inevitable" :D

Matrix

MNeagle
14th August 2010, 03:31 PM
Controversy swells as Obama supports Ground Zero mosque

WASHINGTON (AFP) – US President Barack Obama's endorsement of a controversial plan to build a mosque just blocks from Ground Zero poured fuel Saturday on a raging debate over religious freedom and sensitivities over the 9/11 attacks.

Muslims "have the same right to practice their religion as anyone else in this country," Obama said at an Iftar meal at the White House for Muslims breaking their Ramadan fast late Friday.

That includes "the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan."

Obama had remained on the sidelines over plans to build an Islamic cultural center, which includes a mosque, two blocks away from the gaping Ground Zero hole where the Twin Towers were destroyed on September 11, 2001.

But after a New York city commission on August 3 unanimously approved the plans, the president came out to fully support the project.

"This is America," Obama said, "and our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakeable. The principle that people of all faiths are welcome in this country, and will not be treated differently by their government, is essential to who we are."

Planners say the multi-story "Cordoba House" will include a mosque, sports facilities, theater, restaurant and possibly a day care, and would be open to all visitors to demonstrate that Muslims are part of their community.

In the remarks Obama acknowledged that the site where the World Trade Center towers once stood remains "hallowed ground," and that the 9/11 attacks "were a deeply traumatic event for our country."

The proposed location however has touched raw nerves.

On Saturday the group 9/11 Families for a Safe & Strong America, which represents some relatives of attack victims, said it was "stunned" by the president's remarks.

Obama "has abandoned America at the place where America's heart was broken nine years ago, and where her true values were on display for all to see," the group said.

"Now this president declares that the victims of 9/11 and their families must bear another burden. We must stand silent at the last place in America where 9/11 is still remembered with reverence or risk being called religious bigots."

Building the mosque "is a deliberately provocative act that will precipitate more bloodshed in the name of Allah," the group claimed.

Another group representing other relatives of 9/11 victims, the September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, said in May that it "strongly supports" the Islamic center.

A CNN/Opinion Research poll earlier this month showed that 68 percent of Americans opposed the Islamic center plans, while only 29 percent favored them.

Congressman Peter King, who represents New York in the US House of Representatives, said the Muslim community was "abusing" its rights and "needlessly offending" many people.

"It is insensitive and uncaring for the Muslim community to build a mosque in the shadow of ground zero," said King, a Republican. "Unfortunately the president caved in to political correctness."

Self-described "liberal Muslim" Farzana Hassan, a Canadian, told Fox News on Saturday that she believes the Islamic center's location is "provocative."

"This is highly insensitive to the sentiments of the people who lost loved ones in the 9/11 attacks," said Hassan, who has written books on Islam.

Obama said the Al-Qaeda terrorists responsible for the 9/11 attacks do not represent Islam.

"It is a gross distortion of Islam," the president said late Friday. "In fact, Al-Qaeda has killed more Muslims than people of any other religion -- and that list of victims includes innocent Muslims who were killed on 9/11."

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a US advocacy group, said it welcomed Obama's "strong support for Muslim religious rights."

Nihad Awad, a senior CAIR official, said he hoped his remarks "will serve as encouragement to those who are challenging the rising level of Islamophobia in our society."

Awad also urged "other national political and religious leaders to speak out in defense of the freedom of religion and equality of all Americans."

One of those reacting Saturday was New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

"I applaud President Obama's clarion defense of the freedom of religion," Bloomberg said in a statement.

The proposed site "is as important a test of the separation of church and state as we may see in our lifetime," he said.

Passions over the issue run high across the country.

A Florida church has already said it will hold a "Koran-burning" on September 11 -- which this year coincides with Eid al-Fitr, the end-of-Ramadan holiday.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20100814/capt.photo_1281770084360-3-0.jpg?x=213&y=142&xc=1&yc=1&wc=410&hc=273&q=85&sig=8YeWKwAlfL32gLYz3YTPhA--
AFP/File – The proposed site of the Islamic community center, pictured after The Landmarks Preservation Commission …

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100814/ts_afp/uspoliticsreligionattacksobama_20100814172344

Phoenix
14th August 2010, 04:33 PM
Controversy swells as Obama supports Ground Zero mosque

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw

PatColo
15th August 2010, 02:27 AM
The Ugly Truth Podcast Aug 14, 2010 (http://theuglytruth.podbean.com/2010/08/14/the-ugly-truth-podcast-aug-14-2010/)
14Aug10

Nasid Abdul Khaaliq of www.ascertainthetruth.com joins the program to discuss the growing anti-Islamic hysteria in America and the reasons for it–Zionism’s goal to see the Muslim and Christian worlds destroyed through years (centuries) of civilization-destroying wars.
Listen Now:

Direct MP3 Download (http://theuglytruth.podbean.com/mf/web/uetaj3/ut14AUG2010NashidMP3a.mp3)

keehah
16th August 2010, 11:16 AM
http://desertpeace.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/hatred-is-not-new-in-new-york-city/

When Shuls Were Banned in America; Now and Then

By Jonathan D. Sarna

When New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg stood on Governors Island, in sight of the Statue of Liberty, and forcefully defended the right of Muslims to build a community center and mosque two blocks from Ground Zero, he expressly made a point of distancing himself from an earlier leader of the city: Peter Stuyvesant, who understood the relationship between religion and state altogether differently than Bloomberg does.

As governor of what was then called New Amsterdam, from 1647-1664, Stuyvesant worked to enforce Calvinist orthodoxy. He objected to public worship for Lutherans, fought Catholicism and threatened those who harbored Quakers with fines and imprisonment. One might easily imagine how he would have treated Muslims.

When Jewish refugees arrived in his city, in 1654, Stuyvesant was determined to bar them completely. Jews, he complained, were “deceitful,” “very repugnant” and “hateful enemies and blasphemers of the name of Christ.” He wanted them sent elsewhere.

Stuyvesant’s superiors in Holland overruled him, citing economic and political considerations. He continued, however, to restrict Jews to the practice of their religion “in all quietness” and “within their houses.” Being as suspicious of all Jews as some today are of all Muslims, he never allowed them to build a synagogue of their own.

In 1685, with the British in control of the city, 20 Jewish families petitioned to change Stuyvesant’s precedent so that they might establish a synagogue and worship in public. They were curtly refused. “Publique worship,” New York City’s Common Council informed them, “is Tolerated… but to those that professe faith in Christ.”

Eventually, around the turn of the 18th century, Jews in New York won the right to worship in public, and Congregation Shearith Israel opened America’s first synagog. ..

sirgonzo420
17th August 2010, 06:47 AM
LOL at Phoenix pretending that Obama is a good little muslim.

A good little muslim doesn't take orders from his cabinet full of jews.

And yeah, islam is ridiculous - just like every other organized religion.

Phoenix
17th August 2010, 07:23 AM

Muhammed took orders from Jews...like his Jewish wife.

The House of Saud is Jewish in origin.

The Jews Wesley Kanne Clark and Madeline Albright slaughtered Serbian Christians to protect Muslims.

Stop pushing the false dichotomy. It's not Jews v. Islam, but Jews & Islam v. European (Christian) civilization.

mightymanx
17th August 2010, 07:26 PM

Stop pushing the false dichotomy. It's not Jews v. Islam, but Jews & Islam v. European (Christian) civilization.

Yes, I would agree that the Jews are playing the Muslims and Christians against each other quite well.

Ask yourself who bennifits from the USA hating muslims? Where is the proffit of that hate going? Who get stronger by the two big kids on the block beating each other up?

Phoenix
17th August 2010, 11:42 PM
Ask yourself who bennifits from the USA hating muslims? Where is the proffit of that hate going? Who get stronger by the two big kids on the block beating each other up?

What I know is that WE do not benefit from Muslims bringing their bullsh*t to our lands. The two sh*t "cultures" can duke it out over there, not here.

301ouncer
25th August 2010, 06:50 PM
Ignorance...........

lol that is the last place for us wanting to have a masjid. Most of the world is full of secular, demoncrazy loving mosques. What is the change here?

I tell you what is the change here? the change is to keep islamophobia in the media for it to instill further hatered and mistrust of muslims. Increase the anger by giving more and more to muslims. The population already see us of being the invaders but most truthfully the opposite is true. Anger will bread further hatered with no end in sight.

Muslims and christians lived peacefully for hunderds of years in the golden islamic caliphate. It is only the secular bilderberger elite that has caused so much strif between these two communities for the secular system to shine as the best system available for mankind.

Fortyone
26th August 2010, 03:04 AM
Ignorance...........

lol that is the last place for us wanting to have a masjid. Most of the world is full of secular, demoncrazy loving mosques. What is the change here?

I tell you what is the change here? the change is to keep islamophobia in the media for it to instill further hatered and mistrust of muslims. Increase the anger by giving more and more to muslims. The population already see us of being the invaders but most truthfully the opposite is true. Anger will bread further hatered with no end in sight.

Muslims and christians lived peacefully for hunderds of years in the golden islamic caliphate. It is only the secular bilderberger elite that has caused so much strif between these two communities for the secular system to shine as the best system available for mankind.

Bah!, Christians lived under the Muslim boot you mean.Paid special taxes to worship Christ. Dont tell me how "Golden" your fantasy world is. Fuck your Caliphate. Your Pedo worship is the reason for the deaths of millions in Europe and the far east. Stay in the deserts and worship your moon gods.Rats are Rats whether they have a star or a crescent.

PatColo
26th August 2010, 09:41 AM
From Chris Bollyn's "Question and Answer Forum" (http://www.bollyn.com/index.php#article_11686),

Most Recent Question: We have all read about Barack Obama's intention to build an Islamic center near Ground Zero. This project does appear very suspicious. What, in your opinion, are the real motives behind such a controversial project?

Bollyn Responds: This is a sophisticated propaganda ploy by the Zionist-controlled government and media designed to underline and cement in the public mind the blatant falsehood that Muslims were responsible for the terror attacks of 9-11. The high-level support given to this project by the Obama administration shows that this is an evil plot to stir up anti-Muslim feelings as the ninth anniversary of 9-11 nears. The knife attack on the Moslem taxi driver in Manhattan is the kind of reaction such evil plots produce. The Israeli government's plan to destroy two mosques on the West Bank is a recent action of the same strategy, which is meant to cause violence and increase hostility between the American people and Islam. The Israeli announcement of their outrageous plan to destroy the mosques, which are on Palestinian administered territory in the West Bank, is clearly designed to scuttle with violence the upcoming peace talks in September. Why else would they even consider taking such a self-defeating and provocative action at this crucial time, especially during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan?

(/Bollyn)

re the stabbed taxi driver,

NY Cab Driver Allegedly Stabbed For Being Muslim: 'I Feel Very Sad' (http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/08/cabbie_stabbed_for_being_muslim_i_feel_very_sad_1. php)

re Izzy's plan to destroy 2 West Bank Mosques,

Israel orders destruction of 2 mosques (http://www.presstv.ir/detail/139907.html)

PA: Israel’s Decision To Level Two West Bank Mosques Is "Religious Terrorism" (http://english.pnn.ps/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8690&Itemid=64)

Phoenix
26th August 2010, 04:20 PM
the change is to keep islamophobia in the media for it to instill further hatered and mistrust of muslims....Muslims and christians lived peacefully for hunderds of years in the golden islamic caliphate. It is only the secular bilderberger elite that has caused so much strif between these two communities for the secular system to shine as the best system available for mankind.

You may verify the accuracy of these verses from the Quran at the University of Michigan's Quran archive, <a href="http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html">here</a>, or at any online or in any printed Quran.

From the Quran...

[3:56] Then as to those who disbelieve, I will chastise them with severe chastisement in this world and the hereafter, and they shall have no helpers.

[3.85] And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

[3.151] We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they set up with Allah that for which He has sent down no authority, and their abode is the fire, and evil is the abode of the unjust.

[4.51] Have you not seen those to whom a portion of the Book has been given? They believe in idols and false deities {Jesus Christ -p} and say of those who disbelieve: These are better guided in the path than those who believe.

[4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

[5.51] O you who believe! do not take...the Christians for friends...and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

[5.72] Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah, He is the Messiah, son of Marium; and the Messiah said: O Children of Israel! serve Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Surely whoever associates (others) with Allah, then Allah has forbidden to him the garden, and his abode is the fire; and there shall be no helpers for the unjust.

[5.73] Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah is the third (person) of the three; and there is no god but the one God, and if they desist not from what they say, a painful chastisement shall befall those among them who disbelieve.

[8.12] When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

[8.39] And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush

[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

[9.30] [T]he Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

[9.73] O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.

[9.123] O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).

[47.4] So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners

[48:29] Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah, and those with him are firm of heart against the unbelievers, compassionate among themselves

PatColo
26th August 2010, 07:07 PM
Islamic Studies Expert:
U.S. Should Apologize to Muslims, Build Mega-Mosque AT Ground Zero
...at Taxpayer Expense! (http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-50000-watt-slugfest-with-mike-pintek.html)

also see

My Letter to Obama:
"Build a Mega-Mosque ON Ground Zero to Atone for 9/11 Inside job!" (http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-letter-to-obama-letter-to-obama.html)

Monday, August 9, 2010
My 50,000 Watt Slugfest with Mike Pintek on KDKA Pittsburgh
Kevin Barrett was interviewed by Mike Pintek on KDKA Pittsburgh, blasting out 9/11 truth at 50,000 watts on America’s first radio station!

Direct link to MP3 file (http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=edwardrynearson.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.radiodujour.com%2Fmp3%2F20100 809-mike-pintek-kevin-barrett.mp3&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fedwardrynearson.wordpress.com%2F 2010%2F08%2F09%2Fmike-pintek-kevin-barret%2F)

from Kevin Barrett today,

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Graciously Accept Rolling Stone's Obnoxiousness Award - Now Where's My Check? (http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-graciously-accept-rolling-stones.html)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1_WxkOeIxkk/THaZGq6eyEI/AAAAAAAAAck/NPd9DRTxNUU/s320/taibi.gif

PatColo
31st August 2010, 08:12 PM
Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Putting a Mosque Next to WTC-7 Is...BLASPHEMY! (http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/08/putting-mosque-next-to-wtc-7.html)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1_WxkOeIxkk/THxIPW8wTFI/AAAAAAAAAc8/e4rkDY1ZJds/s320/wtc7-mosque.gif

Guest column by Rev. Darvis P. Fuddlesnapper, Pastor, Church of Jesus H. Christ Warmonger

When I first heard that them thar Islamics wanted to put up a mosque next to that big hole where the Twin Towers use to be, it made me so mad I almost split my britches. And I preached me a sermon calling on the Almighty to strike down the mayor and the Islamics and all the rest of the blasphemers.

But after church, one of them nice Christian ladies who graces the front pew every Sunday (I call her "Our Lady of the Cleavage" but please don't mention that to my wife Ethel) told me the mosque site is actually a lot closer to World Trade Center Building 7 than it is to the hole where the Towers used to be.

Holy tarnation! A mosque next to Building 7!

You know what that means, don't you? That means those pesky Islamicals are THANKING ALLAH for the MIRACULOUS DESTRUCTION OF BUILDING 7!

Those darn Muslimists know full well that Building 7 was never hit by a plane, and only had modest fires on a couple of floors, when suddenly -- WHAM! -- it came straight down at free-fall speed for no particular reason around 5:20 in the afternoon of 9/11. For the Islamics, the destruction of Building 7 was a miracle from Allah! No wonder they're putting up a shrine next door!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3898962504721899003#

What's worse, those Islamics probably think it was Allah who told the BBC that Building 7 was going to collapse. The Muslimists always say "Only Allah knows the future." For them, the BBC's report that Building 7 had collapsed, twenty minutes before it happened, is another miracle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwOT29gbc

Are all you good warmongering Christians of America gonna let ALLAH take credit for the miraculous collapse of Building 7, and the BBC's miraculous foreknowledge?

We've got to stop the Building 7 Mosque.