PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to make a mold of their guns for me?!

Heimdhal
8th August 2010, 02:25 PM
I have been getting bombarded with request to make holsters after posting my holster thread on this forum and another.

THe problem is, the reason I only ever did them for friends was because I need the gun to mold, and I dont have a vast array of handguns.

Ive been thinking of ways of making fairly cheap molds that I could use repeatedly for making left and right handed kydex clam shells and hybrids (leather and kydex).

So, I am putting a call out, to anyone that may know how to do this, or might be willing to assist me in this (for monetary compensation if so desired) to help me get my holster hobby off the ground.

One way Ive thought of so far are this:

Place the gun to be molded in a Food-Saver bag, and vaccum pack it, getting any wrinkles out, etc. Then covering it with plast of paris to get the general shape and form of the gun. Once that dries, I'd need to put something that can hold up to a little heat to make a cast of the gun. For this I was thinking fiber using fiber glass and resin to make a sort of shell. I could then heat form the kydex over that.

The other way I was thinking was similar to the above, but using latex and then filling the latex with plast of paris, or something hard to keep the shape.

This is new to me, so any ideas would be appreciate. And if anyone is willing to make molds of THEIR guns in this manner and then ship them to me, I'd be happy to make a holster, or pay you for the mold at a discussed price. I dont even know what plaster of paris cost, but I dont think its much.

Ive got 4 request waiting in the wings right now for a Walther PPk, Glock 19, Tarus PT114 and another one that has escaped my memory ATM. I dont have any of these guns, and hence cant make the holsters :(

hoarder
8th August 2010, 05:18 PM
Here's mine, ;D Where should i send it?

the riot act
8th August 2010, 05:52 PM
What about using a airsoft for a mold.

http://bestbuyairsoft.com/electrichandguns.asp

Heimdhal
8th August 2010, 07:28 PM
Here's mine, ;D Where should i send it?

ROFL

I KNEW some how there would be a post like this....because I was tempted to post it in my own thread!
;D ;D

Heimdhal
8th August 2010, 07:29 PM
What about using a airsoft for a mold.

http://bestbuyairsoft.com/electrichandguns.asp

ive thought about that.

Some are very close to the originals, but I dont know HOW close and I need the kydex to be exact or it just doesnt retain the gun well enough.

Defender
28th August 2010, 11:51 PM
Sent you a PM.