PDA

View Full Version : $26 billion aid bill - guess where 40% of the money really goes ...

joe_momma
10th August 2010, 12:35 PM
Ok, I admit that the $26B jobs bill Pelosi recalled the Congress to sign smelled like a payoff to the unions and state workers - but then this little nugget was posted on a well known blog -

Correction: JackM. says I'm wrong about the Base Stimulus Package.

You are a little bit wrong about the $26 billion bailout fund... in that you don't articulate just how insidious this is. It's basically a ploy to have the American taxpayers fill up campaign coffers for Dems.

$10 billion of this money goes to the unions. Before the money gets to the "teachers" the unions skim off their share of mandatory
"contributions".

The money skimmed by the unions goes directly into the union political advocacy/footsoldier network to get out votes for Dems.

Morale and contributions for Dems are down this cycle, and Pelosi is
throwing a hail mary pass here. She has to close the enthusiasm gap by coercing the American taxpayer into footing the bill for Dem
campaigns. It's a money laundering scam.

Whoa! - Allegedly 40% of the aid goes directly to the union coffers - "just in time for campaign season 2010" -

Kudos to the most ethical Congress ever!

(HT - AoS)
http://ace.mu.nu/

(edit) - Oh yeah, I forgot, they're paying for this by cutting next year's food stamp budget.

Upon further review - I've struck out the original post when I realized it was incorrect.

1) 40% of the $26B will go to rehire/secure an estimated 160,00 teachers (guess that is all ~$10B buys these days)
2) It is mandatory that teachers contribute to the union, which in turn, gives the union a political slush fund. In NJ it is $730/year
3) using the NJ number, this translates into a national $116M of political money - far less than the $10B I'd posted earlier -
4) Technically, the monthly food stamp allocation for a family of four will drop by $59 from the current $464, though it is highly unlikely the "promised cuts" would ever occur.

Here's a factual accounting of this new law.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/10/house-approves-billion-teacher-bailout/

k-os
10th August 2010, 12:59 PM
Just another daily news item that pisses me right off . . . and most people will never know about, or care about.

Apparition
10th August 2010, 01:08 PM
Politicians are subsidizing their cronies and their schemes?

Surprise!!! :sarc:

cortez
10th August 2010, 01:18 PM
could you post link?? facts about the loot going to unions. thanks

that Ace of Spades web site seemed to not be functioning well.

gunDriller
16th August 2010, 06:23 AM
Politicians are subsidizing their cronies and their schemes?

Surprise!!! :sarc:

i had a mucho de terrible instructor in an animation class at the local JC.

i got an "A" and all that but it got to weighing on me.

finally i went to talk to the department secretary, just to shoot the breeze.

as it turns out, because of the teacher's union for the JC - they can't even have a classroom survey (about teacher effectiveness) without giving the instructor one semester of warning.

so there's no way to deal with an ineffective teacher during the actual semester.

Saul Mine
16th August 2010, 12:51 PM
It has been known for decades that the government has to collect about $4.50 in taxes to deliver $1.00 in actual benefits. That is compared to $1.25 for organized charities and barely over $1.00 for local churches.

willie pete
16th August 2010, 05:53 PM
It has been known for decades that the government has to collect about $4.50 in taxes to deliver $1.00 in actual benefits. That is compared to $1.25 for organized charities and barely over $1.00 for local churches.

That's cause there's probably 10 different salaries that have to be paid to deliver that $1