PDA

View Full Version : Wild, Violent South LA Car Chase Caught on Video

silversurfer
11th August 2010, 07:56 PM
The subject drove on the wrong side of the road and on sidewalks during the 20-minute pursuit

By JONATHAN LLOYD
Updated 7:06 AM PDT, Fri, Aug 6, 2010

A suspect who allegedly threatened police at the LAPD's Southwest station led officers on a chase through South Los Angeles on Thursday, whizzing through traffic on neighborhood streets and even driving on a sidewalk before crashing into another car and being violently torn from his vehicle by a swarm of officers.

"The suspect went into the Southwest police station and made a criminal threat, and that is where all this started," said Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Richard French.

The suspect showed up at the station just before 2 p.m., then fled, with officers in pursuit, French said.

The vehicle struck several other cars, including at least one police cruiser, during the pursuit. And, one police cruiser struck a palm tree.

video here (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Police-Pursuit-Ends-Near-USC-100067134.html)

The subject, often on the wrong side of the road, drove around the area for about 20 minutes. A group of officers surrounded the car after it crashed near 37th Street and Normandie Avenue.

Officers quickly pinned the suspect in with patrol cars, then swarmed to the vehicle with guns drawn.

The suspect could be seen fighting with officers trying to pull him from the vehicle. Officers broke windows on the vehicle as they tried to arrest him. A team of officers eventually got him onto the ground, where the suspect appeared to continue struggling.

He was eventually handcuffed, and was carried to a patrol car. A small pool of blood was left on the street where the suspect was arrested.

Tonsha Wilcher, 38, was booked for a felony offense, and was held on $30,000 bail, according to the sheriff's department. He was being treated for injuries.

Cebu_4_2
11th August 2010, 08:49 PM
Those are perfect examples of PIGS, look at the one pussy punching the guy in the back of the car, then the sick bastard comes back with spray from a distance and then punches again. All them pigs swarming need to be corralled off into the desert and taken out like the animals they are. 25 PIGS to take and beat one man that steps out of the car with his hands above his head, fucking sickos.
I don't even to let you know how I really feel but I now understand why they don't want the general population carrying guns.

BrewTech
11th August 2010, 08:51 PM
Damn! See that cop throwing punches through the back window? LOL!

I'd like to see a group of cops just get into an old fashioned street brawl with these guys... winner take all. No weapons, just fists. Then I would be respecting the winner(s).

@ Cebu - at least he was throwing punches and not using his taser or pistol... gotta give him that.

IMO that dude is a killer driver... nice moves. I'm just glad nobody got hurt or killed.

Cebu_4_2
11th August 2010, 08:52 PM
Officers quickly pinned the suspect in with patrol cars, then swarmed to the vehicle with guns drawn.

The suspect could be seen fighting with officers trying to pull him from the vehicle. Officers broke windows on the vehicle as they tried to arrest him. A team of officers eventually got him onto the ground, where the suspect appeared to continue struggling.

He was eventually handcuffed, and was carried to a patrol car. A small pool of blood was left on the street where the suspect was arrested.

Tonsha Wilcher, 38, was booked for a felony offense, and was held on $30,000 bail, according to the sheriff's department. He was being treated for injuries.

Just watch the video, everything in red I call bullshit.

wildcard
11th August 2010, 09:01 PM
Ah, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas takes another victim.

Joe King
11th August 2010, 09:13 PM
More poor reporting.

How does whoever wrote this story see the guy "violently torn" from the car, when he actually got out on his own with hands on head and turned to face the car and gave up?
i.e. he surrendered.

Then he promptly had his face slammed into the top of the car. For why? Cop anger? <---yup

If you got your face slammed, you'd probably start resisting again, too.

That said, the guy was an idiot.
Who, in their right mind anyways, goes into a police station and makes threats?

Last time I went there, I got treated real nice like. It actually made my day. But then again, I was polite and I got what I wanted.

Cebu_4_2
11th August 2010, 09:50 PM
More poor reporting.

Video of said idiot in police station making threats please.

BrewTech
11th August 2010, 09:52 PM
More poor reporting.

Yes, please.

Video or it never happened.

What's that? The video was "misplaced"? Ya don't say...

Joe King
11th August 2010, 09:58 PM
More poor reporting.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/chase-suspect-released-from-jail-20100808

Los Angeles - A man who may have been emotionally disturbed when he allegedly threatened police at the Southwest Station and led them on a vehicle chase that ended in a crash and rough arrest was released from jail, but remained in custody, according to the sheriff's department.

At least that's what they say happened.

milehi
11th August 2010, 10:08 PM
I remember this on the radio last week when it happened. It was reported that he went in to the Doughnut Shop and said "I wanna kill a cop." then ran out and jumped in a car. It was also reported that he had been previously diagnosed with schizophrenia.

People here in LaLa Land are on edge and you can cut the tension with a knife.

EE_
11th August 2010, 10:15 PM
Nice driving for a little while anyway.

More video just out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auvColXbqFo