PDA

View Full Version : 2nd hand intel from Europe@Hague re: Return to Gold Standard.

beefsteak
14th August 2010, 11:06 AM
All I know is the person I got this from is skeptical, not of his source, but of his source getting something this big correctly.

The intel is: Return To Gold Standard Announcement to be made on MAINSTREAM MEDIA to take place on Sunday.

Seeing is believing is what I say. And I even almost didn't post it here in this topic because not everyone would agree this is good news.

If it should actually take place, all I think can be guaranteed is 1) disbelief, and 2) incredible market volatility in metals, equities, bonds and USDX.

beefsteak

Saul Mine
14th August 2010, 11:58 AM
Oh, I dunno. "Gold standard" is equivalent to "GAME OVER!" Banksters will not let the game end until it is in their favor to do so, which kinda means the game doesn't end, it merely changes rules. In other words the announcement is a non-event: it's either business as usual or it's new business, same as the old business.

Quixote2
14th August 2010, 12:09 PM
Personally, I doubt it. But if something was to happen, I would guess the IMF (International Monetary Fund) SDRs (Special Drawing Right) might be changed to a gold standard. A country would withdraw and payback loans denominated in gold. The IMF would be insulated from the devaluation of curriencies. If the current loans out were changed to pay back in gold equivalents, all he!! would break loose (gold to 3,000).

beefsteak
14th August 2010, 03:55 PM
Saul and Quixote2,
thanks for both replies.

I've been thinking about this off and on today, and it seems I now recall--okay, so I'm getting older-- that one of the goals of the G-20 AFTER OCT 2008 was to do a study group and propose stuff that included gold in a "basket of currencies" to be approved by some future meeting of the G-20.

I'm sitting here wondering if that is possibly what this "2nd hand Hague intel" is really talking about. Makes sense they'd do it on a weekend. What doesn't make sense is that the Forex cash markets haven't sniffed it out yet...unless the little bout of short covering which took the market through the 1210 level 2 days in a row on the closing basis is a whiff of some kind of announcement.

beefsteak

palani
14th August 2010, 04:15 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

The war isn't over fiat vs gold/silver. The conflict is between federations and sovereign nations. Sovereign nations don't use fiat while federations are the antithesis of responsibility. When the dust settles you are either going to see federations gone or a heap of corpses (maybe both).