PDA

View Full Version : Healthcare workers are some of the most OBESE people I have ever seen

Kali
17th August 2010, 03:08 PM
OK, I have to rant a little...I have noticed this over the years but really paid attention to it today.

Went to the family doctor...all employees there except one is grossly overweight. I mean monstrous.

My doctor is around 50 pounds overweight.

Then I went to have some blood work done...again monstrous women.

I noticed this all throughout the hospital too last time I was there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm overweight myself by about 30 pounds but this just seems disgusting that those who work in health care are some of the sickest most obese people around.

Maybe I'm too judgmental...I dont know...but something dont seem right with this picture.

Serpo
17th August 2010, 03:38 PM
OK, I have to rant a little...I have noticed this over the years but really paid attention to it today.

Went to the family doctor...all employees there except one is grossly overweight. I mean monstrous.

My doctor is around 50 pounds overweight.

Then I went to have some blood work done...again monstrous women.

I noticed this all throughout the hospital too last time I was there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm overweight myself by about 30 pounds but this just seems disgusting that those who work in health care are some of the sickest most obese people around.

Maybe I'm too judgmental...I dont know...but something dont seem right with this picture.

Great observation hahahah
They must be trying to set some example

ShortJohnSilver
17th August 2010, 03:40 PM
My wife went to get a holter monitor (a 24-hour heart monitor you wear to rule out heart problems) and I swear, EVERY SINGLE nurse in the cardiac unit was so large, when they sat down, you couldn't see the chair any more unless you were directly behind the nurse.

THEN, they tell you to exercise and watch your diet!

RJB
17th August 2010, 03:48 PM
Some of it could be from working odd hours, 16 hour shifts, stress of of the job-- it takes a toll on the body.

2nd hospitals have the most unhealthy foods I've ever seen-- Vending machines. The cafeterias have over cooked processed foods.

3rd, it's only been relatively recently that mainstream medicine admits a good diet is important and even then they get it messed up. I still hear from diabetics whose doctor told them to eat less protiens and fats and to eat more starches. :conf:

They are also the ones who say dangerous chemicals are good for us. Of course they are in terrible shape

ximmy
17th August 2010, 03:51 PM
cops and donuts don't mix either

Phoenix
17th August 2010, 04:32 PM
"There is no evidence that monosodium glutamate, high-fructose corn syrup or aspartame causes weight gain. You should drink Diet Coke to lose weight, like I do!"

Phoenix
17th August 2010, 04:34 PM
Some of it could be from working odd hours, 16 hour shifts, stress of of the job-- it takes a toll on the body.

2nd hospitals have the most unhealthy foods I've ever seen-- Vending machines. The cafeterias have over cooked processed foods.

3rd, it's only been relatively recently that mainstream medicine admits a good diet is important and even then they get it messed up. I still hear from diabetics whose doctor told them to eat less protiens and fats and to eat more starches. :conf:

They are also the ones who say dangerous chemicals are good for us. Of course they are in terrible shape

Almost all of the thin/skinny nurses SMOKE cigarettes.

sunshine05
17th August 2010, 04:36 PM
I notice that too. But then, there are very large people *everywhere* these days. It's getting really bad.

Serpo
17th August 2010, 04:58 PM
My wife went to get a holter monitor (a 24-hour heart monitor you wear to rule out heart problems) and I swear, EVERY SINGLE nurse in the cardiac unit was so large, when they sat down, you couldn't see the chair any more unless you were directly behind the nurse.

THEN, they tell you to exercise and watch your diet!

Yes listen too these people ,they know what they are talking about hahahah

mightymanx
17th August 2010, 05:17 PM
As they say:

"....If it is good enough to make into a standard, make mine a double"

EE_
17th August 2010, 05:17 PM
So you were hoping for this

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/Victoire89/Nurses/nnurse.jpg

And you got this?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/23/article-1164233-040EDCD8000005DC-262_468x370.jpg

zap
17th August 2010, 05:27 PM
I was talking to a nurse one time, and the subject of diet came up , she said she had been a vegetarian for years, she must have weighed in at 400lbs, I will stick to meat/ some veggies.

Phoenix
17th August 2010, 05:50 PM
I was talking to a nurse one time, and the subject of diet came up , she said she had been a vegetarian for years, she must have weighed in at 400lbs

She ate vegetarians?

LuckyStrike
17th August 2010, 06:02 PM
Healthcare workers are some of the most OBESE fat people I have ever seen

milehi
17th August 2010, 08:17 PM
I work in the OR. One of the standing jokes is,

Q What do you call a 300# nurse?

A Underweight.

Glass
17th August 2010, 08:34 PM
I was talking to a nurse one time, and the subject of diet came up , she said she had been a vegetarian for years, she must have weighed in at 400lbs, I will stick to meat/ some veggies.

I'm tempted to comment.. I know I shouldn't. I know people like that.

I don't think it healthcare worker is the right description these days. I think welfare worker is more apt. That makes them parasitic and they continue to grow until you give them the flick.

skid
17th August 2010, 09:21 PM
My (normal weight) wife is a nurse who worked in a hospital for over 10 years, before getting a job in a private clinic. About half of the nurses she worked with were very over weight. A very few actually looked pretty good.

A previous poster mentioned the shiftwork and cafeteria food and he was spot on. When you work four weeks of 12 hour days, and two weeks of 12 hour nights year after year, it takes a toll on both your body and your mind/moods. Plus many of the nurses were man hating bitches, and they made up for their frustrations it by over-eating.

zap
17th August 2010, 09:27 PM
I was talking to a nurse one time, and the subject of diet came up , she said she had been a vegetarian for years, she must have weighed in at 400lbs

She ate vegetarians?

I think she did, green vegetarians. ;D

Phoenix
17th August 2010, 11:26 PM

O.T.B.

O.T.B. = Only the BIGGEST

keehah
18th August 2010, 03:51 AM
Yep!

In my area there are two types of people who are commonly associated with obesity.

Retirees from out East, and Health Care Workers (but not the Doctors).

But the Retirees often look to be in a good mood. Not the Health Care Workers.

undgrd
18th August 2010, 05:03 AM
The building I work in has an office for a major health insurance company. Most, if not all, of the people I see getting on and coming off their floors are 40+ lbs overweight. They wheeze while breathing and waddle when they walk.

Twisted Titan
18th August 2010, 06:25 AM

O.T.B.

Hold up.......im gonna need back up........

General of Darkness
18th August 2010, 06:32 AM
http://www.heavenica.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/doctor-smoking-camels.jpg

keehah
19th August 2010, 05:41 PM
http://www.bambootrading.com/2000/2005.JPG

skid
19th August 2010, 06:22 PM

O.T.B.

Hold up.......im gonna need back up........

At least the big fat lardass cop has lots of room on his belt to put shit!