PDA

View Full Version : To all who sold in May

the white rabbit
21st August 2010, 08:11 AM
Hope you bought in July. Gold will likely get stronger from here. Could get one dip leading up Aug.26 $1180 -1159 max.at July lows.

Neuro
22nd August 2010, 07:46 AM
Pretty strong summer doldrums this year. Myself I sold a fair bit in Mid June, for Euro, which I used for a hip surgery in India in Mid-July.

Being able to walk and run with no pain most likely for the rest of my life, is priceless. And I traded in about 8 ounces close to $1250 for it. Now 5 weeks after the surgery and a leg length difference of an inch is equalized, and in another week or 2 I will be able to start running, something I haven't been able to do in +20 years without pain.

Thank god I started saving in gold 3 years ago.

gunDriller
22nd August 2010, 10:18 AM
Pretty strong summer doldrums this year. Myself I sold a fair bit in Mid June, for Euro, which I used for a hip surgery in India in Mid-July.

Being able to walk and run with no pain most likely for the rest of my life, is priceless. And I traded in about 8 ounces close to $1250 for it. Now 5 weeks after the surgery and a leg length difference of an inch is equalized, and in another week or 2 I will be able to start running, something I haven't been able to do in +20 years without pain.

Thank god I started saving in gold 3 years ago.

Wow ! that almost sounds like something you could write a book about. a story with a happy ending !

i have a general practitioner doctor in Mexico i have used to get good health care without getting fleeced.

but a hip operation - then you really need to know and trust the doctor pretty darn well.

i'm curious - how did you manage to find the Miracle Doctor ? i figure, starting with an Internet search, or possibly referred by a friend.

Neuro
22nd August 2010, 10:37 AM
Internet search it was. I googled my condition " avascular necrosis" together with the procedure "Birmingham Hip Resurfacing", and he came up on top. For my condition and this procedure he is #1 in the world in terms of performed surgeries, many Americans went to India to have this done, there was even a piece on CBS 60 minutes about this orthopedic Dr. Further the price was a tenth of what it would have costed in the US. Half what it would have costed in Turkey (with Drs that was not nearly as experienced)...

Nowadays this guy gets next to 100% results, with next to no risk to the patient. I know it sounds incredible. And it is. I am still 5 weeks after the surgery a bit restricted in the hip while walking on it. But it is not strange since some of the muscles and ligaments has to adapt to the inch leg length difference, the hip prosthesis corrected.

I feel this was one of the best decisions of my life!

Gaillo
22nd August 2010, 11:55 AM
What is this "sell" you speak of? ;D

1970 silver art
25th August 2010, 04:23 AM
Gold and silver are holding up pretty well though out the Summer so far in my opinion. The fact that gold and silver are doing well does not appear to me to be the norm but then again, these are not normal economic times that we are living in.

Neuro
25th August 2010, 04:18 PM
Gold and silver are holding up pretty well though out the Summer so far in my opinion. The fact that gold and silver are doing well does not appear to me to be the norm but then again, these are not normal economic times that we are living in.

Indeed gold and silver has held up incredibly well, considering that the sumer is the statistically and traditionally weakest period... I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a great jump in PM prices this autumn... and silver has some catchin up to do re gold...

1970 silver art
25th August 2010, 04:22 PM

Indeed gold and silver has held up incredibly well, considering that the sumer is the statistically and traditionally weakest period... I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a great jump in PM prices this autumn... and silver has some catchin up to do re gold...

I am not too worried about it. My gut feeling tells me that the DOG will catch up to gold. It is just a matter of time IMO. :)