PDA

View Full Version : FL: 1,050 Guns Traded For Shoes

MNeagle
21st August 2010, 05:35 PM
Land Mine, 1,050 Guns Traded For 'Kicks'

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The 12th annual Kicks for Guns campaign was held Friday at numerous Central Florida locations.

Eight law enforcement agencies at nine locations participated in the event, which was headed up by the "Monsters in the Morning" on Real Radio 104.1.

Individuals can exchange an unloaded firearm for a pair of new tennis shoes or a gift card.

More than 1,050 guns had been received by law enforcement officials. Police also received a Vietnam War-era land mine and five samurai swords. Four of the returned guns were flagged as stolen.

"The idea is to remove unwanted guns from the community that can potentially become the target of thieves," said Palm Bay police Officer Ron Lugo.

Anyone participating in the event was urged to place their unloaded firearms in a paper bag.

The Orlando Police Department held its campaign at 649 W. Livingston St.

Other locations included:

Orlando

•Central Florida Fair Grounds at 4603 W. Colonial Dr.

Kissimmee

•Primera Iglesia Cristiana Church at 2440 Boggy Creek
•K-Mart at 2211 W. Vine St.

Palm Bay

•Riviera Park at Northeast 550 Riviera Dr.

Daytona

•John Dickerson Community Center at 308 S. MLK Blvd.

Tavares

•Hickory Point at 27341 State Road 19

DeLand

•Volusia County Fair Grounds at 3100 E New York Ave.

Cocoa

•Byrd Plaza at 801 Dixon Blvd.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24689744/detail.html

Heimdhal
21st August 2010, 05:47 PM
In later news, the 1st annual "Guns for free shit" gun turn in drive will be held by various members of GSUS. They are quoted as saying "hey, I want guns to, and at least this way, we keep them out of the hands of dangerous criminals....the police."

;D

madfranks
22nd August 2010, 01:53 PM
I've thought a few times of organizing a "guns for ___" program to trade people cheap shit for guns. I wonder if it's illegal if my only purpose is to keep the guns for myself.

Phoenix
22nd August 2010, 02:46 PM
I've thought a few times of organizing a "guns for ___" program to trade people cheap sh*t for guns. I wonder if it's illegal if my only purpose is to keep the guns for myself.

If the Brady Bunch catches on, probably.

Phoenix
22nd August 2010, 02:47 PM
Do broken guns count? Are people turning in guns they could sell for more? Are people just stupid?

Don't answer the last one.

Mouse
26th August 2010, 10:55 PM
I would think that dropping your stolen gun in a paper bag and walking up to a nice thug at a police counter would constitute concealed carry in many states. I don't know about Florida. One of these times the guns for dope money is going to be a sting operation.

Awoke
20th September 2010, 11:39 AM
Holy shit, I would have given then each TWO pairs of shoes for an unregsitered pistol!