PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Teague Convicted Of Illegally Accessing Obama Student Loan Records

MNeagle
25th August 2010, 06:04 PM
DAVENPORT, Iowa — A federal jury has convicted an Iowa woman of illegally accessing President Barack Obama's student loan records.

Jurors on Wednesday found Sandra Teague (teeg) guilty of exceeding authorized computer access.

Teague was one of nine people indicted on charges of accessing Obama's student loan records while they were employed at Vangent Inc. in Coralville, Iowa.

Teague and the other former employees were accused of accessing a computer at the company's office between July 2007 and March 2009 and viewing Obama's records.

Teague claimed someone stole her identification and password to access Obama'a information.

Seven of the nine defendants have pleaded guilty or are scheduled to do so. One other case remains set for trial.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/25/sandra-teague-convicted-obama-student-loans_n_694953.html

sunshine05
25th August 2010, 06:15 PM
Wow. I wonder if the information will become public record? I wonder if it shows he was on a foreign student visa!

1970 silver art
25th August 2010, 06:32 PM
Wow. I wonder if the information will become public record? I wonder if it shows he was on a foreign student visa!

I am guessing and I could be wrong here but I do not think it will become public record because I think that student loan records are private information. At least I have always thought that student loan records were private to begin with but then again, someone could "leak" that information to the media. Even if those student loan records became public and it showed that he was on a foreign student visa, then nothing will happen IMO. The "leaked" student loan record information will somehow be discredited and it will eventually just go away and everything will just go back to normal. Nothing will happen if this information becomes public record.

madfranks
25th August 2010, 07:30 PM
This information must be kept hidden because the records show that he applied for loans as a foreign national.