PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trading Gold for Silver. Should I?

steyr_m
26th August 2010, 08:50 AM
I've been hearing lately quite a bit about the manipulation of silver and how it'll be sky-rocketing (even in the MSM) and that there is 99x silver in the books than there is physical.

Should I trade in a few GML's for a 100 SML's?

DMac
26th August 2010, 12:08 PM
Do you have any silver?

Saul Mine
26th August 2010, 12:24 PM
Yes, you should trade all your gold for silver immediately. Everybody else has been expecting the gold/silver ratio to go down, at which time they would trade all their silver for gold.

The ratio now is near 70. You trade an ounce of gold for 70 ounces of silver. When the ratio goes down to 50 you trade your 70 ounces of silver for 1.4 ounces of gold. You have made a profit of .4 oz gold with no additional money except for postage. When the ratio goes back up to 70 you swap your 1.4 oz gold for 98 oz silver. The gold/silver ratio swings through this range every year or two and you can make a similar profit on every swing. I did this in 2008 and made 78% profit.

This plan came from Franklin Sanders (http://the-moneychanger.com/articles_files/mmm_files/silver_files/silver_will_outperform.php) and he offers to take your trade for a reduced commission, an offer that is is hard to beat. Send him an email with a list of what you have and he will send you instructions.

steyr_m
26th August 2010, 01:40 PM
Do you have any silver?

yeah, about 200 oz. I own more gold (in value)

steyr_m
26th August 2010, 01:46 PM
Yes, you should trade all your gold for silver immediately. Everybody else has been expecting the gold/silver ratio to go down, at which time they would trade all their silver for gold.

The ratio now is near 70. You trade an ounce of gold for 70 ounces of silver. When the ratio goes down to 50 you trade your 70 ounces of silver for 1.4 ounces of gold. You have made a profit of .4 oz gold with no additional money except for postage. When the ratio goes back up to 70 you swap your 1.4 oz gold for 98 oz silver. The gold/silver ratio swings through this range every year or two and you can make a similar profit on every swing. I did this in 2008 and made 78% profit.

This plan came from Franklin Sanders (http://the-moneychanger.com/articles_files/mmm_files/silver_files/silver_will_outperform.php) and he offers to take your trade for a reduced commission, an offer that is is hard to beat. Send him an email with a list of what you have and he will send you instructions.

I'll probably do it locally. I'd hate to send to the US and have it get lost/stolen. I'm afraid of losing money on commission....

Uncle Salty
26th August 2010, 02:17 PM
A few gold coins are nice to have as they allow for easy transportation of wealth in a small package.

I am mostly into silver, about 10:1 value wise. 100 dollars in silver and ten dollars in gold. 8)

Having both seems a smart strategy as no one really knows what the heck is going to happen. But I am more silver heavy as I think it is going to be the currency of survival as well as being the precious metal that appreciates the most percentage wise.

DMac
26th August 2010, 02:38 PM
I'm currently at 60-40 silver to gold. I used to be 50-50 but silver is an addiction I just can't break :D

steyr_m
26th August 2010, 05:15 PM
I think I'll take the plunge tomorrow. Now I have to decide if I'll get 100x 1 oz SML's or a RCM 100 oz bar...

gunDriller
27th August 2010, 02:38 PM
do you live in Canada ?

because of the bullion products you mentioned, that's what i'm thinking.

in the US, there would be tax implications of the transaction, so it might be better to have the 100 1 ouncers than the 1 100 ouncer.

my understanding is, transactions of .9999 type bullion products in Canada are not taxable. i'm not sure of all the details.

steyr_m
27th August 2010, 05:53 PM
do you live in Canada ?

because of the bullion products you mentioned, that's what i'm thinking.

in the US, there would be tax implications of the transaction, so it might be better to have the 100 1 ouncers than the 1 100 ouncer.

my understanding is, transactions of .9999 type bullion products in Canada are not taxable. i'm not sure of all the details.

Yes I do, and you are correct, bullion is not taxable for GST; but it is for PST. Since PST was paid for my GML's there was none for the SML's.

My two GML's got me 109 SML's plus ~ $130 BoC notes. I immediately went to the liquor/beer store and bought some beer (we can't just buy it at a corner store here, it's all Govt. run), then a speed square & 2' level, then a few groceries.

Trinity
27th August 2010, 06:04 PM
I would trade the Gold for the Silver. In fact next week I plan on trading some Gold in for Silver myself.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
2nd September 2010, 06:53 AM
YES DO IT.

Gold is floating around changing hands. Silver is being eaten up by industry.

The paper game cannot go on forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7951irEljR8

Gaillo
2nd September 2010, 11:59 AM
I'm of the firm opinion that Silver is THE investment opportunity of a lifetime... NEVER again will we see something so inexpensive, yet poised to EXPLODE in value in such a short amount of time!

The Silver price manipulation game is just about over... of this I have zero doubt.