PDA

View Full Version : here comes inflation

G2Rad
27th August 2010, 10:00 AM
wages surge in China:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/china-business/7952675/Western-profits-wilt-on-Chinas-surging-wages.html

ShortJohnSilver
27th August 2010, 10:25 PM
Some manufacturing will be returning to the USA, as I figured it would.

wvojak
31st August 2010, 02:45 PM
Some manufacturing will be returning to the USA, as I figured it would.

Yup.

Wammo (the toy company) has moved half their production back.

I was reading a few weeks ago that book publishers are moving production back to the USA.
The numbers were something like:

Print a paperback in China ~$0.45 plus 30 or more days just to ship the books to a USA port

Print a paperback in the USA ~$0.60 plus 2-3 days to ship the books to the distributors warehouse

Back when the cost of printing a paperback in China was $0.20, it made sense. . But no longer.

G2Rad
6th September 2010, 07:25 PM
those will be coming back even faster when 500 million Chinese start collecting their retirement benefits

advances of medicine ensure prolonged life in unproductive state. Long enough to cause the overburdened economies to crash, preventing at the same time new generations from being generated

paradoxically (as it often happens) successes of medicine lead to DEATH of the society as organism (unforeseen byproduct)

white race and japan are examples

Death is what it was supposed to fight, yet death is what it yields, by prolonging old age, sicknesses and misery