PDA

View Full Version : Generating voluntary compliance from a subject

wildcard
28th August 2010, 08:34 AM
http://www.policeone.com/community-policing/tips/2473750-Generating-voluntary-compliance-from-a-subject/

Generating voluntary compliance from a subject

Submitted by:
Gary T. Klugiewicz

The tone of voice you use and the words you speak in the first instant of contact with an individual can set the tenor for the rest of the interaction. By beginning contact with cordial request for cooperation, you may generate voluntary compliance from a subject.

Vid at link. I thought subjects lived in kingdoms.

wildcard
28th August 2010, 08:39 AM
One little piggie said:

Ask...Tell...Make!

wildcard
28th August 2010, 03:56 PM
One little piggie said:

Ask...Tell...Make!

Assert your rights...STFU...RESIST

Saul Mine
28th August 2010, 04:00 PM
Subject has a lot of meanings. To a king it means one step above a slave. To a cop it means a topic of interest, like an insect.

iOWNme
28th August 2010, 04:01 PM
Some of those comments are ridiculous. No wonder the 4th Reich is in full effect....

If you are Officer Friendly to the wrong guy, you can get hurt or killed. If you are Officer Assertive to the wrong guy, you can get a complaint.

I'd rather get a complaint than hurt or filled, but most Sgt's and LT's would rather you not get a complaint and come visit you in the hospital to show the troops they are "supportive" of patrol officers...

I say:

Claim
Stand upon
DEFEND!

Ponce
28th August 2010, 04:19 PM
People like to act like those around themselves because either they don't want to stand out or don't want to make anyone mad ...........

Liquid
28th August 2010, 04:33 PM
Subject has a lot of meanings. To a king it means one step above a slave. To a cop it means a topic of interest, like an insect.

Subject is a way of not implying guilt. Voluntary compliance, during a detainment...if you understand what that actually is, is about treating folks with respect even though they have been detained. Their dignity is what's important. Respect can and should go both ways.

palani
28th August 2010, 04:58 PM
I thought subjects lived in kingdoms.
As long as you volunteered to be there then this is how you become subject.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Joe King
28th August 2010, 08:08 PM
What the guy in the video is saying applies in general to everything in life.

As example, when is the last time someone you work with got you to want to help them with something by being a prick about it?

It also applies when you are dealing with the police.
i.e. go off half-cocked hollarin' and yelling and you'll get an appropiate reaction for sure.

It's all about the polite.

Book
29th August 2010, 07:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnO9Jyz82Ps

mrnhtbr2232
29th August 2010, 08:14 AM
His formula leaves no room for negotiation and still follows a decision tree to arrest. Fail.

wildcard
29th August 2010, 08:33 AM
No room for common sense in a totalitarian police state.

EE_
29th August 2010, 08:36 AM
Example

Pig: Sir, I have just pulled you over for the bullshit charge of not wearing your sealbelt...do you mind if I shake you down for some money for the corporate state?

Subject: Why yes officer, please take my money!

See how much better that works!