PDA

View Full Version : MMR vaccine isn't safe after all, UK government forced to concede

Serpo
2nd September 2010, 08:28 AM
MMR vaccine isn't safe after all, UK government forced to concede
01 September 2010
After years of reassuring parents about the safety of the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine, the UK government has finally had to concede that it can have serious side effects. A UK court has ruled that the vaccine caused severe brain damage in a boy, now aged 18, and has ordered the government to pay compensation. The ruling brings to an end a lengthy campaign by the boy’s mother, Jackie Fletcher, who created the pressure group JABS to help other parents win compensation for their vaccine-damaged children. Jackie’s son, Robert, was just 13 months old when he had the MMR vaccination. From being a healthy baby who was developing normally, he started to suffer epileptic fits and became unresponsive. He is now severely disabled. Jackie and her family have been awarded £91,000 in compensation. The judgement also sends out hope to the thousands of parents in the UK who are also fighting for compensation. (Source: Sunday Times, August 29, 2010).
http://www.wddty.com/mmr-vaccine-isn-t-safe-after-all-uk-government-forced-to-concede.html

Neuro
2nd September 2010, 08:44 AM
It is a small step in the right direction! Sad that it needs to take nearly 20 years to get a semblance of justice...

Serpo
2nd September 2010, 10:22 AM
It is a small step in the right direction! Sad that it needs to take nearly 20 years to get a semblance of justice...

Bastards......

sunshine05
2nd September 2010, 10:45 AM
It's so sad, poor kids. And the compensation is a start but it doesn't erase the damage:(.

shakinginmyshoes
2nd September 2010, 10:53 AM
I can remember so many times, the pediatricians VEHEMENTLY denying that vaccines cause autism.

"NO EVIDENCE OF HARM," they said.

"YOU'RE DELIBERATELY EXPOSING YOUR CHILD TO DANGEROUS ILLNESSES IF YOU DON'T LET US INJECT YOUR KID, SO YOU ARE A BAD MOTHER," they said.

"IT'S NOT THE BABY SHOTS! YOU'RE JUST PARANOID. IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED ANYWAY. OR MAYBE YOUR BABY IS AUTISTIC BECAUSE YOU ARE A BAD MOTHER!" they said.

But left unspoken were these thoughts:

Geez, I became a pediatrician to help kids. I don't want to think I've actually been destroying kids' lives. This evidence that MMR causes autism just HAS to be faked or mistaken or poorly-done science or something.

And anyway --

If *I* as a pediatrician were to admit my doubts about safety or efficacy, I might get the pants sued off me by the parents of kids I've already vaccinated.
Or, the parents in this town would be mad at me for vaccinating against my better judgment and I'd lose status as a respected pillar of the community. I'd better not say anything.
Plus, my colleagues might laugh at me and call me names like "conspiracy theorist" or "nutcase" at continuing ed conventions.
Plus, if I don't do the shots, I'll not get that income.
Plus, everyone else is doing it, so it MUST be okay, right?
Plus, even if the shots DO cause autism, it's only a few kids. A few cases are worth it for the kids who don't get autism AND don't die of measles. It's a fair tradeoff. Right? RIGHT?
I'll just keep saying, "It's NOT THE BABY SHOTS" and hope I'm dead before it's proven it's IS the baby shots.