PDA

View Full Version : If you're going to cheat on your wife....

wildcard
2nd September 2010, 02:58 PM
Try not to get trapped in a mine.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/cheating-chilean-miner-set-for-chastening-homecoming-090210

'Cheating' Chilean Miner Set For Chastening Homecoming

Updated: Thursday, 02 Sep 2010, 6:42 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 02 Sep 2010, 6:38 AM EDT

NewsCore

One of the trapped Chilean miners is dreading his rescue after his wife met his secret mistress at the entrance to the San Jose mine, The Sun reported Thursday.

Yonni Barrios' wife, Marta Salinas, and Barrios' lover, Susana Valenzuela, were both holding vigils for him outside the mine.

Salinas was stunned when she heard Susana shouting his name amid a crowd of miners' loved ones.

Salinas, 56, is said to be "horrified". However, she is determined not to give up her man to her love rival.

She told friends: "Barrios is my husband. He loves me and I am his devoted wife. This woman has no legitimacy."

But Valenzuela said the 50-year-old miner, who she met on a training course five years ago, was planning to leave his wife for her.

She said: "We are in love. I'll wait for him."

Barrios has been one of the heroes of the landslide drama -- using his first-aid training to treat sick colleagues.

He also vaccinated all 33 men, including himself, against flu and pneumonia.

Meanwhile, the captives have been hit with an alcohol and tobacco ban by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) experts helping the rescue.

A NASA doctor, James Michael Duncan, said: "We need to get their nutrition up before we consider drinking."

Two of the smokers have been dropped nicotine patches and gum to deal with their cravings.

But the miners -- who may not be drilled out until Christmas -- have started eating proper meals of 2,000 calories a day.

Their rations include yogurt and cereal for breakfast, chicken sandwiches for lunch and jam sandwiches for dinner. They each have tea and five liters of water daily.

Libertarian_Guard
2nd September 2010, 03:22 PM
It is kind of funny that the Nasa doctor cut 'em off from alcohol & cigs, I mean they're just sitting in a hole, they're not up in space.

I say every Friday pass 'em down whatever they would like to drink and smoke, and send the Nasa doctor back home. I wonder if he is a Mormon?

wildcard
2nd September 2010, 03:24 PM
Drinking in a cramped space when you're frustrated. What could possibly go wrong...

Cebu_4_2
2nd September 2010, 03:31 PM
Drinking in a cramped space when you're frustrated. What could possibly go wrong...

LMFAO... Thanks man!

Joe King
2nd September 2010, 03:38 PM
HA! Barrio gonna have some 'splainin to do when he fnally gets out of there. I'll bet he thinks twice before cheating next time.

And after they bore the hole, you know he'll be the last one out.
But at least he's going to have ample time to finally come to a decision before then. He's probably secretly praying it takes 'til Easter to get them out. lol

But I bet it's really rough on his wife to have to discover such a thing and in such a way. not lol

Libertarian_Guard
2nd September 2010, 03:39 PM

I don't know.

You might drive yourself nuts to the point of picking up a shovel and begin digging a way out.

wildcard
2nd September 2010, 03:41 PM
Or make the whole thing collapse in on you?

*or start a huge brawl with no lights and cameras to post it on youtube: fail

Joe King
2nd September 2010, 03:50 PM

That would depend on just how big the cave-in that trapped them actually is.
And I always thought that the reason trapped miners wouldn't try to dig themselves out was because of a lack of food water and oxygen.

It seems to me that with those things I'd at least try. Afterall, what keeps the part they're holed up in from caving in on top of them while they're just siting there chuckling about poor Barrios circumstances?

Libertarian_Guard
2nd September 2010, 04:28 PM

And I always thought that the reason trapped miners wouldn't try to dig themselves out was because of a lack of food water and oxygen.

It seems to me that with those things I'd at least try. Afterall, what keeps the part they're holed up in from caving in on top of them while they're just siting there chuckling about poor Barrios circumstances?

If a collapse is their concern, they should start digging in the other direction, they may not make it all the way to China, but it would occupy their time and stimulate some muscle growth. And Don Juan will need to be fit when he comes face to face with reality back on the surface.

Publico Pro Se
2nd September 2010, 07:35 PM
The NASA doctor said the miners have to pack on a little weight before thinking about sending down anymore booze. As for no cigarettes, that's perfectly understandable. A total of 33 South American miners each consuming 2,000 calories a day of which 1,600 to 1,800 calories is some form of bean - a huge explosive gas potential.

They first need to send down 34 of these:

http://cm1.theinsider.com/thumbnail/400/649/cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/61/10/blowup.jpg.

(Mr. Romano gets two.)

We can joke all we want but the sad thing is that when Mr. Romano gets free he's going to find that his wife and girlfriend have fallen in love with each other becoming a couple of man hating lesbo-dike bitches. Nothing worse than a couple of Latina man-hating lesbo-dike bitches.

willie pete
2nd September 2010, 07:55 PM
I'd never be down there in the first place, but the thought of being pulled up a 2100 ft hole no more than shoulder width would freak me out ;D,

Silver Rocket Bitches!
3rd September 2010, 06:28 AM
Christmas will be here way too soon for that guy.

wildcard
3rd September 2010, 07:21 AM
Chile miners: Rescue work to resume after fault found

Sept. 3 (Xinhuanet) -- Rescue workers battling to save 33 trapped miners in Chile are waiting for cement to dry in an escape shaft after a fault was found in the early stages of drilling. But there is still good news for the miners, 700 meters underground. They may get their wish for a drop of wine to celebrate Chilean independence day.

Rescuers started drilling a 66-cm diameter shaft on Monday evening that will be used to evacuate the miners one at a time in a cage attached to a pulley. But work was halted after the discovery of the fault on Thursday.

Chief engineer said drilling was expected to resume Friday.

Andre Sougarret, Chief Engineer, said, "We are at 41 meters, yesterday we informed everyone about the presence of a geological fault, which is normal within the first 100 meters. We are currently cementing the well, that will take about 12 hours, it will take its due course for the cement to set and then we will restart the drilling at about 1am in the morning."

Health workers and psychological experts are striving to keep the men physically and mentally fit for the long wait ahead.

So far, requests for beer and wine have fallen on deaf ears, but the country's Health Minister, said Thursday that independence celebrations in mid-September might bring a surprise.

Jaime Manalich, Chile Health Minister, said, "September 18 will be a unique occurrence for the entire country, the 200th anniversary of independence, and we need to share that with the miners who will certainly still be in the mine. We need to share this joy and we will find a good way to do that, probably send them a bit of empanada and a little bit of red wine so they can toast and we will send them some flags and traditional music."

Doctors say the miners are in good health, but have told them to move to a new location deeper in the tunnel to try to reduce exposure to humidity that could cause disease or fungus.

Joe King
3rd September 2010, 07:40 AM

If a collapse is their concern, they should start digging in the other direction, they may not make it all the way to China, http://but it would occupy their time and stimulate some muscle growth. And Don Juan will need to be fit when he comes face to face with reality back on the surface.
That, it would definately do. It's worked for me. It certainly occupied a lil' of my time to do this. (http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9043/img0447q.jpg) So just imagine what 33 guys could do in 3 months. lol

Libertarian_Guard
3rd September 2010, 08:19 AM
Vino is good. I'm sure they will celebrate a merry toast or two for all that awaits them when they get out. But I hope they make it out before Christmas, they may not feel the same about Chilean eggnog.

Libertarian_Guard
3rd September 2010, 08:28 AM
JK

Is that where you squirreled away your physical holdings?

I hate digging. The only thing worse is crawling flat on the ground. I ain't doing no longer either.

cedarchopper
3rd September 2010, 08:38 AM
I get the willies just thinking of being trapped down there... a living hell. Women problems would be the least of my concerns.

Joe King
3rd September 2010, 08:44 AM
JK

Is that where you squirreled away your physical holdings?

I hate digging. The only thing worse is crawling flat on the ground. I ain't doing no longer either.
No, wouldn't be big enough for that.
That hole was dug to harvest dirt for berms and as a place to put this stuff (http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/6082/img0451q.jpg) to aid in drainage.
I just kept going a lil' further than I really needed to. :D

Libertarian_Guard
3rd September 2010, 08:56 AM
I've always found it interesting how the composition of the soil changes as you dig just a foot or two down. It puts some perspective on how 'the dust bowl' came about. I hope no one ever lives through that again!

sirgonzo420
3rd September 2010, 08:59 AM
I've always found it interesting how the composition of the soil changes as you dig just a foot or two down. It puts some perspective on how 'the dust bowl' came about. I hope no one ever lives through that again!

Oh great!

So you want everyone to die next time!

:P

wildcard
3rd September 2010, 09:00 AM
That's what I heard too. :P

Libertarian_Guard
3rd September 2010, 09:11 AM
Ha ha ha.

Good catch.

DMac
3rd September 2010, 12:37 PM
If a collapse is their concern, they should start digging in the other direction, they may not make it all the way to China, but it would occupy their time and stimulate some muscle growth. And Don Juan will need to be fit when he comes face to face with reality back on the surface.

When I was a kid I used to dig holes all over the backyard. Once I had one down about 5-6 feet (I was 7 years old). My aunt told me to keep going as I will dig all the way to China soon. That night after I went to bed she left a fortune cookie in the hole for me to find in the morning. When I saw it the next day she told me "Look how close you are!!!"

The family got a good kick out of that one ;D