PDA

View Full Version : Request info on 10" records......

Ponce
3rd September 2010, 12:44 PM
A while back I bought 300 records for .25 cents each (at my "Senior Thrift Store)........they are 10" records where most of them say "Not for sale" or "For promotional purposes only" and so on........ I was talking to Agnut about them and he told me that they are very very valuable because they are not even listed in his book for record prices............anyone here knows anything about the subject being a record collector?......

90% of the records are in a green sleeve which makes me believe that they used to belong to someone who worked at a radio station........they are in mint condition and with one tittle per side.

Present are "Perry Como", "Rosemary Clooney", "Bing Crosby", "Nat King Cole" and so on......many of them are with one of them while they were part of a group.

chad
3rd September 2010, 12:55 PM
they're radio station advance promo copies. it's what they stuck in short bins and played on air. the labels sent them to program managers. they do the same thing today, only now they're on CDs or digital format cards. they are not particularly collectible. we threw hundreds of them away at a radio station i worked at in the early 80s.

edit: well, i guess i should clarify what "not particularly collectible" means. they sell for around $1-2 each, maybe $10 each if it is some ultra rare thing like a sun studios original copy of johnny cash's first hit or something.