PDA

View Full Version : Womens World Cup Rugby

Serpo
3rd September 2010, 04:26 PM
Some great tackles in these highlights...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlifVfi0Kvo&feature=fvhl

SWRichmond
4th September 2010, 08:56 AM
When Abby Wambach tires of soccer she should play rugby.

RJB
4th September 2010, 09:44 AM
LOL we have something like that in America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcSEE7TuGU

Serpo
4th September 2010, 03:16 PM
LOL we have something like that in America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcSEE7TuGU

Yea seen that ,its a little crass dont you think....

RJB
4th September 2010, 05:29 PM
Yea seen that ,its a little crass dont you think....
Some call it crass, I call it romantic.

Actually I posted it in jest, but joking aside it is a bit depressing. Yeah crass has become the American way. Maybe because I have two daughters the crassness off this country is hitting me. What saddens me about that lingerie league is that those girls have athleticism, but none of that matters but look at those thongs.

Girls these days have very little idea of their self worth. I'm amazed when I hear about a girl who thinks she has to sleep with someone to get what she wants. If if women knew the power they had over us... If they knew what they could get from a man just by asking... It's a sad commentary...

BTW I played rugby when I was in my 20s. I appreciated the video. Best sport in the world IMO. Sorry about rambling on.

skid
4th September 2010, 05:53 PM
More women trying to be men. Probably all lesbians as well. Sad to see...

RJB
4th September 2010, 06:02 PM
More women trying to be men. Probably all lesbians as well. Sad to see...
What are you talking about? Rugby is intense. If I were a girl, I'd still want to play.

skid
4th September 2010, 06:09 PM
I think it is un-feminine. I wouldn't date/marry a female rugby player and believe most other men wouldn't either. Women should be the softer side of the sexes, but I guess with all the hormones in today's food it makes men feminine and women manly. The media and the schools push it as well.

Just generalizing here. I apologize if your wife, girlfriend or daughter plays rugby...

RJB
4th September 2010, 06:31 PM
I think it is un-feminine. I wouldn't date/marry a female rugby player and believe most other men wouldn't either. Women should be the softer side of the sexes, but I guess with all the hormones in today's food it makes men feminine and women manly. The media and the schools push it as well.

Just generalizing here. I apologize if your wife, girlfriend or daughter plays rugby...
There's no apologizing allowed on this forum.

Besides I said I would. I wouldn't let my kids play that game, it's a bit rough. I might lighten up when they get older. :)

FunnyMoney
4th September 2010, 07:49 PM
.... It's a sad commentary...

The 80% spectator rule ( http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/righteous-and-honorable-____________/ ) requires more than just a spectator but rather an enganged spectator.

Don't expect the gladiators and tigers to come onto the field quite yet, first start is the bikinis and some hard knocks. But give it enough time, the spectators will quite easily adapt.

Serpo
5th September 2010, 12:08 AM

There's no apologizing allowed on this forum.

Besides I said I would. I wouldn't let my kids play that game, it's a bit rough. I might lighten up when they get older. :)

I started playing at about 5yrs old ,but then I was born in NZ, its normal over there.Highlight of the week for sure.The maori kids seemed to develop faster then us whities so it was challenging at times.Its not going to get less rough as they grow older and the whole time I played it never seemed dangerous in any way and I never saw anyone get seriously injured.
Its physical but the best thing about it is that it develops team work and there is a position for every body type,big small,fast or slow runnners ect.

RJB
5th September 2010, 06:03 AM
I started playing at about 5yrs old ,but then I was born in NZ, its normal over there.Highlight of the week for sure.The maori kids seemed to develop faster then us whities so it was challenging at times.Its not going to get less rough as they grow older and the whole time I played it never seemed dangerous in any way and I never saw anyone get seriously injured.
Its physical but the best thing about it is that it develops team work and there is a position for every body type,big small,fast or slow runnners ect.
I know that. A kid is a lot more resiliant than an adult. I just meant that I've become the overprotective parent that I vowed not to become. ;) I'm getting better.

Serpo
5th September 2010, 03:06 PM

OK then ,name one sport that is feminine

Serpo
5th September 2010, 03:12 PM
New Zealand overcame three sin-binnings to notch a narrow 13-10 win over England in this morning's final of the women's World Cup rugby tournament and secure their fourth title at The Stoop in London.

The Black Ferns backed-up territorial dominance with a strong defence as England, playing them in the final for the third consecutive time, threw everything it could at the Kiwis in front of a crowd of 13,253.

Centre Kelly Brazier kicked what proved to be the winning penalty with 14 minutes left.

"These girls were brilliant today," New Zealand captain Melissa Ruscoe said.

"We certainly didn't have anywhere near (the resources of) what other teams have had here - but when you've got the support like we've had here, you're playing for everybody (at home)."

New Zealand winger Carla Hohepa opened the scoring with a 33rd-minute converted try, touching down for the seventh time in the tournament for the only points of the first half.

England first-five eighth Katy McLean and Brazier traded penalties before Charlotte Barras barged over for a 61st-minute try.

McLean landed the conversion to level the score but Brazier's late penalty clinched victory for New Zealand.

New Zealand ripped into England from the kick off and only a superb one on one tackle from Danielle Waterman on Brazier halted the centre after a jinking run.

It was all New Zealand in the opening 10 minutes as England defended desperately.

The pressure on England lifted slightly when New Zealand first five-eighth Anna Richards was sin binned for not rolling away but Katy McLean couldn't capitalise for England when her first penalty effort drifted just wide.

The penalty count continued to rise against New Zealand as England finally got some ball to work with and prop Mel Bosman was also yellow carded.

But despite playing with less than their full complement, the Black Ferns struck first when Hohepa stepped Amy Turner to score the game's first try and her seventh of the tournament. Brazier converted for 7-0.

In the last kick of the half, McLean hit the upright with a penalty attempt leave New Zealand 7-0 in the lead at halftime.

McLean made amends with an early second half penalty but New Zealand came back.

Hohepa nearly added a second try when she pounced on an England turnover but lock Joanna McGilchrist produced the cover tackle of the tournament.

Brazier stretched New Zealand's lead to 10-3 with a penalty but they lost Ruscoe to yet another yellow card.

"It was massive and that doesn't come down to fitness," Ruscoe said of the team's response to the sin-binnings.

"It doesn't come down to how much you do down the gym - that comes down to pride and passion and the jersey that you are wearing. The girls just put their whole heart into it and got us through the game. "

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/news/womens/4098917/Black-Ferns-win-womens-rugby-World-Cup-again

Serpo
5th September 2010, 03:22 PM

StackerKen
5th September 2010, 05:13 PM

http://www.facepalm.com/image.axd?picture=2008%2F9%2Fswimming.jpg

skid
5th September 2010, 10:43 PM

Ballet, gymnastics, skating, and other sports that celebrate the beauty of women. I may be old fashioned, but just think that full contact sports should be played by men. As an aside, every muscle bound women I have ever met wished they were a man, or wished they had a man.

Serpo
5th September 2010, 11:34 PM

http://www.facepalm.com/image.axd?picture=2008%2F9%2Fswimming.jpg
:sun:

Saul Mine
6th September 2010, 01:10 AM

Ice skating. The men always skate face first, the women always skate fanny first. And it doesn't happen that way by accident!

Serpo
6th September 2010, 08:30 AM

Ice skating. The men always skate face first, the women always skate fanny first. And it doesn't happen that way by accident!

mmmmmm will have to pay closer attention......haha

Neuro
6th September 2010, 08:55 AM

Dart!

;) jk

Serpo
6th September 2010, 09:48 AM
Poor ol England.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUURKeAZNyQ

kregener
6th September 2010, 09:53 AM
Those are women?

Serpo
6th September 2010, 10:37 AM
Those are women?

Go to NZ and check em out,pritzel women dont make the grade over there

Remember NZ was first country to give women the vote....had no choice ,would you argue the point...haha

Serpo
6th September 2010, 10:39 AM

I'll play ;D

Pole vault ?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/243/522180747_a611bb932b.jpg

Just looking at this picture kinda makes you want to do some pole vaulting dont you think,,,,,,,,,,hehe