PDA

View Full Version : off topic posts

StackerKen
4th September 2010, 01:21 PM
I have never really been bothered by off topic posts...But that is just me. :-\

I didn't realize it was big deal until today...It bothered someone enough to close their thread :(

Im sorry I posted off topic (after being asked not to)(and having a thread started for me to post in) :(

I would like to remove my off topic posts from that thread but can't cause its locked.

I will try to be more careful on other folks threads in the future.

1970 silver art
4th September 2010, 01:28 PM
Do not feel too bad about it Stacker. I think that I am also guilty of occasionally getting off topic on a thread but off topic posts do not bother me especially if those posts are funny and end up making me laugh.

StackerKen
4th September 2010, 01:38 PM
well Art I do feel bad...I try to live by some rules...

Luke 6:31
Do to others as you want them to do to you.

"Do not do to others what would anger you if done to you by others." – Isocrates

But that is not enough..

Even if something doesn't bother me.... it might bother others...and I don't want to be bothered...so I should try not to bother others....

Some times it can't be helped...But other times...(Like today) It can be

I should be more carfeull.

I hope im not bothering anyone with this thread ;)

1970 silver art
4th September 2010, 01:48 PM

"Do not do to others what would anger you if done to you by others." – Isocrates

But that is not enough..

Even if something doesn't bother me.... it might bother others...and I don't want to be bothered...so I should try not to bother others....

Yeah but Stacker, I also try to live by the rules too but sometimes we are not perfect and we end up not living by the rules and as a result bothering others. I am sure that Luke and Isocrates will forgive you this time for derailing a thread that ended up being locked by the OP. :D

Since it was not intentional, then you should not worry about yourself getting off topic on a thread and just be careful the next time. As I mentioned I am also guilty of occasionally derailing a thread but I do not do it on purpose. I just try to be careful the next time. Do not beat yourself up too much on this Stacker.

Ponce
4th September 2010, 04:08 PM
Ken? here every thing is postable as long as we know what the heck you are talking about :oo-->

PS: Is the word "postable" for real or did I just made it up? and did you know what I meant by it?

StackerKen
4th September 2010, 04:32 PM
Ponce? I knew what you meant/mean :)

philo beddoe
4th September 2010, 04:36 PM

But that is not enough..

Heil Hitler Ken ;D

StackerKen
4th September 2010, 04:51 PM
Heil Hitler Ken ;D

Ummm...Im not sure how to respond to that ???

Hi Philo! :)

Saul Mine
4th September 2010, 05:18 PM
It's the way everyone is raised now. Sesame Street provides most of a kid's upbringing, and it was specifically designed to appeal to a kid's short attention span and easily distracted focus. So kids grow up without ever having to learn to pay attention and stick to the subject.

StackerKen
4th September 2010, 05:26 PM
I didn't watch much Sesame Street growing up....Maybe I had too short of an attention span for it. :P

Joe King
4th September 2010, 05:39 PM
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2712/403m.jpg