PDA

View Full Version : Detroit: Female cop shoots animal cruelty worker in the ass...

wildcard
6th September 2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/animal-cruelty-officer-shot-in-detroit-20100903-wpms

Anti-Cruelty Society Worker Shot on Detroit's East Side

Updated: Thursday, 02 Sep 2010, 11:04 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 02 Sep 2010, 5:45 PM EDT

By TARYN ASHER
myFOXDetroit.com

DETROIT - It all started when Detroit Police went to check out a house that allegedly doubled as a chop shop and realized it was protected by pit bulls.

Neighbor Terrence King told us cars have been coming in and out on a regular basis.

Finally, Detroit Police investigated what neighbors, such as King, suspected all along; the people who live in a house on Fairport may have been stealing cars and selling their parts and were using three pit bulls to keep the curious away.

"I have to go around the block because I don't want to be bothered with them because they (jump) out at me, too," said James Adams.

Detroit Police needed to remove the dogs, so they called the Michigan Anti-Cruelty Society. While the rescuers were setting traps for the three pit bulls, one got loose and started running towards a police officer. That's when, we're told, she pulled her gun and fired off twelve rounds.

King was watching.

"The police pulled a gun out and shot, but she missed the dog. I guess she was scared or something, and she hit the animal control person," he said.

One animal rescue worker took a bullet in the back of the leg. Another grazed his back side. A stray bullet also clipped his co-worker's boot.

It's not clear if the pit bull was hit because it got away and is still on the loose.

"They need to go back to the range and learn how to shoot accurately, that's what I think," King said.

Only one of the Anti-Cruelty rescue workers had to be rushed to the hospital. He's expected to be okay.

It's a different story for the dogs. One dog they were able to trap is said to be sick with mange and is severely wounded from dog fighting injuries. It had to be euthanized.

Neighbors claim they have been complaining about these dogs for months.

"It is what it is. You're in Detroit. You see and hear a lot of (explertative), but when you (have) police that don't do their job, this (explerative) (is) going to keep on going on," said neighbor Tasha Thomas.

As for the Detroit Police officer who fired the shots, we're told Internal Affairs is still investigating her actions.

wildcard
6th September 2010, 05:51 PM
WTF is an explertative? ;D

palani
6th September 2010, 06:01 PM

I'm guessing it is what we call nightsoil in the country.

1970 silver art
6th September 2010, 06:08 PM

I think she meant to use the word "expletive" based on the context of the story to censor out certain words that one of the neighbors used when being quoted in the story.

BTW...apparently the cop needs some more practice time at the shooting range.

wildcard
6th September 2010, 06:21 PM
http://www.bigredtoybox.com/networkpages/tarynasher.jpg
And the reporter needs some work on her spelling.

Gknowmx
6th September 2010, 06:34 PM
I bet aminimal ( ;D) control officers make pretty penny flipping qualified pitt bulls in Deteroit ( ;D )