PDA

View Full Version : So whos selling?

Heimdhal
8th September 2010, 06:28 AM
Good time or not? Ive got some 10 ounce CMX bars sitting at the nucleo. Not much, but I got em around 17$/oz a few months ago. Been waiting for a rise in price and this may be it.

Any indications this may go higher, or should I stop being a pansy and just sell now? I dont know if itll go higher, but Im sure itll come down at some point so I can buy back in with a little extra cash on hand.

Ragnarok
8th September 2010, 06:44 AM
Not selling -I'm too busy lighting silver rockets to celebrate 20FRN Ag. ;D

R.

Uncle Salty
8th September 2010, 12:12 PM
Not to offend, but only an idiot would sell for FRN's.

Unless you need food, water, or other preps, you would be an idiot to sell for a three dollar gain.

PM's are insurance against the coming catastrophe.

k-os
8th September 2010, 12:43 PM
Good time or not? Ive got some 10 ounce CMX bars sitting at the nucleo. Not much, but I got em around 17$/oz a few months ago. Been waiting for a rise in price and this may be it.

Any indications this may go higher, or should I stop being a pansy and just sell now? I dont know if itll go higher, but Im sure itll come down at some point so I can buy back in with a little extra cash on hand.

I wouldn't if I were you. I agree with Uncle Salty, that a $3 per ounce profit is not enough gain to warrant the sale, unless you are getting out for good.

You know you're going to buy back in later, and even if it goes down to $17/oz, you'll be paying more than that with premiums.

Trade paper, hold precious metals. Period. End of story.

Unless you buy an RV. :P

bellevuebully
8th September 2010, 08:09 PM
Uncle salty was being very polite, imo.

milehi
8th September 2010, 08:53 PM
Ive got some 10 ounce CMX bars sitting at the nucleo.

Hopefully, The Nucleo is a boat.

ximmy
9th September 2010, 12:46 AM
I'm selling... at 40... ;D

Gaillo
9th September 2010, 01:16 AM
I'm selling... at 40... ;D

Same here... I'll sell 1/3 of my holdings -then await the REAL rockets! ;)

1970 silver art
9th September 2010, 03:58 AM

Do not sell your physical silver unless it was an emergency or if you truly think that silver is a dog and you want to get out of it.

Sparky
9th September 2010, 08:00 AM
Is it really "holding physical" if it is sitting at nucleo?

Heimdhal
9th September 2010, 08:31 AM
Well, I guess I can address everyone in one post.

Let me first start out by saying that the vast majority of my phsyical PM's are in my possession. I only have a little a I do trading with that at nucleo. A very little.

You can go back and gim from its inception and read all about the imminent collapse of the world and the economy and all of life as we know it. You can go back to literature from the 70's saying it. I dont doubt it can happen, or will happen at some point, but I do doubt that making some profit off of 20 ounces of silver so I can buy back in at a lower price in a few weeks or months is not going to oblierate my finances when the "world ends".

I see nothing wrong with trading up and down, or trading the ratio, or taking profit as you need. For the forseable future, FRN's ARE going to be THE main monetary unit of exchange. As much as we dont like it, and as much as I dont liek the FRN system, its just fact of life. THis boat isnt going to sink in the next few weeks.

If i can make a sale and therefore increase my PM holdings by even 10 ounces a few weeks down the road, thats a leg up for me. If the world ends in that time, then I'll just have to make due with what I have and not fret over some chump change I suppose.

StackerKen
9th September 2010, 08:59 AM
Good Post Heimdal...

to each his own...not all of us have the same situation as each other

Do not sell your physical silver unless it was an emergency or if you truly think that silver is a dog and you want to get out of it.

Reading about the Collapse for 2 years at GIM. And seeing all the bank closings,
And the fact Im not very good at saving money.
All were factors for me stacking silver instead stuffing the mattress with FRNs

And since I have been out of work for 4 months..The FRNs I had saved have dwindled. And seeing Silver near twenty (2 to 3 bucks above my average buy in) I figured it was Time to make a withdrawal from my Silver savings account.

I did pretty good actually. Way better than I would have done with FRN's under my mattress or in the bank.

Hopefully I will be back to work soon (it looking pretty good) and I won't Have to sell any more :)

Like I said, We are not all the same here.

StackerKen
9th September 2010, 09:02 AM
Plus....We all know silver will go back down to 18 something ;)

Heimdhal
9th September 2010, 10:35 AM
Good Post Heimdal...

to each his own...not all of us have the same situation as each other

Reading about the Collapse for 2 years at GIM. And seeing all the bank closings,
And the fact Im not very good at saving money.
All were factors for me stacking silver instead stuffing the mattress with FRNs

And since I have been out of work for 4 months..The FRNs I had saved have dwindled. And seeing Silver near twenty (2 to 3 bucks above my average buy in) I figured it was Time to make a withdrawal from my Silver savings account.

I did pretty good actually. Way better than I would have done with FRN's under my mattress or in the bank.

Hopefully I will be back to work soon (it looking pretty good) and I won't Have to sell any more :)

Like I said, We are not all the same here.

It defintley can be a life preserver in a storm of unemployment. Thankfull, as under-employed as my wife and I are, we did NOT yet have to sell any silver. We came close a bunch of times, but we always fought the urge and found the FRN's we needed. Granted, we have maybe, MAYBE 20 bucks a week extra after all the bills are paid. But we are trying NOT to sell the silver to pay billls, only to get more silver!

We originaly started investing in PM's as insurance against inflation and to help us save to buy a house, and for so my daughter would have something if lord forbid something happened to us. Its harder to spend silver stuffed under your mattress than it is wads of FRN's. And we have severely cut into out "wads" of FRN's latley, but the sivler we have on hand hasnt been touched and Im happy about that.

Although, having less than 100 ounces total isnt really going to save us from the economic hurricanes awaiting us, so that also is a factor in trading a little of it to try to get more.

StackerKen
9th September 2010, 10:41 AM
Its harder to spend silver stuffed under your mattress than it is wads of FRN's.

Exactly...

That worked out good for me.

Liquid
9th September 2010, 11:20 AM
Heimdhal, since this 20 ounces is not in your possession and you are using it to trade the ups and downs, what about selling half? 10 oz, then see how things play out in the next week or so. We are tettering on $20 an ounce, if it breaks through silver could jump up a decent amount.

Of course, it could crash back down as well. ;D I think it's going to do one or the other, which is why I suggested the idea of trading half to start.

Good luck!

Heimdhal
9th September 2010, 05:15 PM
Anyone with any sense at all is buying- price be damned. It's cheap now.
And I'm not eliminating the posibilty of having to sell in order to pay the bills.
Everyone's situation and demands are different.
In this time, no one should be idle, find a way to buy, even the smallest amount, sell if you must.

I wont lie, Im a little weary.

I only started buying in early 08, like end of january end of feb. I found GIM just a little before that. I read all the cheerleading about how silver was going to 25 or 30 and buy buy buy now, cause its so cheap and youre silly if you dont buy.

So I did, I put as much disposable money as I could afford into it and bought all the way up to 22, cause ya know, thats cheap, thats a nothing price, in a few years itll be 5 million dollars an ounce. Then I watched it plummet not even a few months later all the way down to 9.

Silver is still too tied to industrial markets. Silver should easily be in the 30's right now. It hasnt been able to break 20$ since 08. While I agree the looooong term is good, and I AM holding for the long term, its hard to ignore the obivous manipulation of the market.

platinumdude
9th September 2010, 07:34 PM
I have contemplated selling it for a piece of land. But I might just wait until I save up the money. If I bought a piece of land then I would need to get a 4x4 truck or jeep or something to get to it easy.

Trinity
9th September 2010, 07:52 PM
I say let it ride.

FunnyMoney
9th September 2010, 10:37 PM

This is not an odd numbered year, but it is silver going over 20 in a somewhat different situation than before. I am not selling and along with Trinity am still in a wait and see mode. Tomorrow, Fri. should give a very good indication. I do not expect the stock market to go up and precious metals to go down tomorrow.

The wall of worry has begun, we posted when at GIM1, I would provide the links... but well , nevermind about that now.

Take a look at the mainstream, everyone knew that after 1000 was over, the precious metals would go mainstream...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?play=1&video=1586264428

Fudup
10th September 2010, 07:52 AM
Were it me, I would wait until I made 5$ per oz. 3$ seems a bit weak handed, but thats just my greedy side. :o

Well, I guess I can address everyone in one post.

Let me first start out by saying that the vast majority of my phsyical PM's are in my possession. I only have a little a I do trading with that at nucleo. A very little.

You can go back and gim from its inception and read all about the imminent collapse of the world and the economy and all of life as we know it. You can go back to literature from the 70's saying it. I dont doubt it can happen, or will happen at some point, but I do doubt that making some profit off of 20 ounces of silver so I can buy back in at a lower price in a few weeks or months is not going to oblierate my finances when the "world ends".

I see nothing wrong with trading up and down, or trading the ratio, or taking profit as you need. For the forseable future, FRN's ARE going to be THE main monetary unit of exchange. As much as we dont like it, and as much as I dont liek the FRN system, its just fact of life. THis boat isnt going to sink in the next few weeks.

If i can make a sale and therefore increase my PM holdings by even 10 ounces a few weeks down the road, thats a leg up for me. If the world ends in that time, then I'll just have to make due with what I have and not fret over some chump change I suppose.

Steal
10th September 2010, 04:42 PM
I would actually say if you can not measure what you have in your possesion in triple digits pounds, take possesion OR it is kind of fun buying and selling there. Sold 400ASE I had there at $19.95 ( I know, what was I thinking) and I also sold about 500 oz there of generic 1oz bars , shipped and has been over the past 2 weeks. I know does not make sense to most, but wired funds to my brokerage act, making more money with it swing tradin. Everything is manipulated and until the paper price decouples from the physical, the game will go on. I am neither a gold or silver bug, It is a means to an end for me. Still have 80% of my core position and 50% of that will keep until end game. Thinking with mid terms, they are going to rally the hell out of the market. Silvers up about a dollar sense I decided to sell a bit. Bought alot of SPY at 106.68 and is at 111+ present. Alot bigger return than the silver was doing sittin in a hiding place.I know, most here despise paper fiat, myself included, but at the end of the day, is how I pay my mortagage, put gas in the car, buy groceries etc. Until that changes.....

But everyones situation is different, I do have what I consider alot more physical than I intended to own. I am not even talking Au, just Ag. Guess we can say my exit strategey has begun, unless it hits $18.40 or so again. Takes money to make money and I needed some serious 0000's in my account to trade trends. (not day trading, day trading/scaplin is for loosers IMO)

Go ahead, flame on ;D

Steal
10th September 2010, 04:52 PM

This is not an odd numbered year, but it is silver going over 20 in a somewhat different situation than before. I am not selling and along with Trinity am still in a wait and see mode. Tomorrow, Fri. should give a very good indication. I do not expect the stock market to go up and precious metals to go down tomorrow.

The wall of worry has begun, we posted when at GIM1, I would provide the links... but well , nevermind about that now.

Take a look at the mainstream, everyone knew that after 1000 was over, the precious metals would go mainstream...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?play=1&video=1586264428

Best to wait until Mon/Tues. Will have to break either to the upside or downside. This whole week has been trading inside last weeks high. Im thinking end of January through March will be the strap on your seat belt time. Also thinking No market crash now (they can push it either way) Then again, some say batten down the hatches, this Oct is gonna be a doozy with Gold the last to get hit hard. Either way, BIG time money making opportunity as long as this sideways consolidation is done with!

Trinity
10th September 2010, 05:16 PM
I say wait until mid November. I'm serious about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFqotEJPJoc&feature=related

bellevuebully
13th September 2010, 08:40 AM
People who do well financially have a habit of keeping what is valuable and getting rid of that which is less so. I would say for anyone holding pms, in any amount, that is your most valuable asset at this point in history. Why would you sell your best asset before it has had a chance to perform?

If you had only a little bit of food would you say let's just eat it now, because there is not very much and it won't fend off starvation anyway? Or rather, would you preserve it and try to aquire more, knowing you don't have enough? Do you have toys?.....atv, extra firearms, unnecessary 4x4, fishing boat? I would say sell any of these instead if you need cash......or sell them and buy metal. None of those things even have the remote possibility of increasing in value.

The world is not going to end tomorrow. This storm, however severe, will come and will pass. The focus for all of us should be to get through the next 5 years. CAPITAL PRESERVATION. In this massive uncertainty, focus on getting away from risk, and moving towards safety....metal, food, g&a, cash.

Avoid defeatist thinking...ie> I don't have enough anyway
Reposition for the medium term.....liquidate unnecessary items, buy assets, pay debt.

What do you think the price of silver will be if a monetary crisis collides with a supply crisis? 30 bucks? How about $300? I would say under the above situation, $300 would be a fairy conservative estimate. $300 x 100 is 30k. Not bad for a small holding.... every ounce counts. I'm not saying it IS going to 300, I'm saying there is a better chance of that happening than a bona fide resussitation of world finances. And it certainly has a better chance in increasing in value than any other "assets" you might own.

Don't ditch your silver Hiemi......you'll regret it a some point in the future. jmo of course

osoab
16th September 2010, 05:41 PM
Heimdhal,

Did you sell yet?

I also had a couple of question about Nucleo. Wondered if you knew. Do they report at the end of the year to IRS on your profit made on buying/selling there? I couldn't find anything at B.D.'s site to verify this. Seems like the standard 10,000 in a year transaction reporting. I'm wondering if BD reports your individual transactions over the 10,000 that stays within Nucleo. If they don't, couldn't that be considered currently tax free even if you take delivery eventually?

If it is a small amout for you, heck sell them when you think we are at the current end of the up trend and hold cash @ BD until its time to pick the scraps after the fall.

I still think we will break to the downside by the middle of next week.