PDA

View Full Version : Alright, show yourselves......who's celebrating Rosh Hashanah?

illumin19
8th September 2010, 12:50 PM
C'mon, don't be bashful.......it won't hurt..much ;) j/k

http://www.thirdage.com/news/rosh-hashanah-jewish-new-year-begins-sundown_9-8-2010
(http://www.thirdage.com/news/rosh-hashanah-jewish-new-year-begins-sundown_9-8-2010)

Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, begins at sundown Wednesday. Marked by the blowing of a ram’s horn known as the shofar in Hebrew, the holiday begins a 10-day period of repentance and reflection that ends with Yom Kippur, the day of atonement that is considered the holiest day on the Jewish calendar.

On the Jewish calendar, Rosh Hashanah is the first day of the month of Tishrei and coincides with the new moon. On Rosh Hashanah, Jewish tradition holds, God inscribes each person’s fate for the coming year in the book of life. And over the next 10 days people must contemplate their own failings and seek forgiveness from those they’ve wronged.

Traditional foods include apple and honey to symbolize a sweet start to the new year. The traditional greeting is Shana Tova, which means ‘Good Year.’

Ponce
8th September 2010, 12:58 PM
YEAH, I am waiting.........got a lot of questions for you.......I am very ignorant and would like to learn more about your people.

There was a guy at the old GIM that just to answer anything that you would asked him about the muslims religion and if he didn't know the answer he would find it for you........I am very proud of him......let a "Jew" do the same thing.............if they dared.

chad
8th September 2010, 01:16 PM
i'm making beets tonight, does that count?

illumin19
8th September 2010, 01:24 PM
YEAH, I am waiting.........got a lot of questions for you.......I am very ignorant and would like to learn more about your people.

There was a guy at the old GIM that just to answer anything that you would asked him about the muslims religion and if he didn't know the answer he would find it for you........I am very proud of him......let a "Jew" do the same thing.............if they dared.

PM SENT PONCE!

Spectrism
8th September 2010, 01:40 PM
I guess if I had to choose between Rosh Hoshanna and chopping off some infidel's head, I would choose Rosh Hoshana.... but then, I am just a little soft in my ways.

illumin19
8th September 2010, 01:51 PM
You know, I went to Jury duty last week and got "booted" but.......

The courts said they were closed for Rosh Hashanah(early Wednesday and all day Thursday).....that I didn't know.

Anyway, doesn't bother me just an eye opener that's all.

Phoenix
8th September 2010, 02:04 PM
I don't worship the Moon, either as a Jew using the Lunar Calendar, or as a Muslim revering a crescent Moon.

k-os
8th September 2010, 02:09 PM
I had an almond butter and honey sandwich for lunch, does that count?

ximmy
8th September 2010, 02:13 PM

It would count if you're celebrating Festivus

illumin19
8th September 2010, 02:14 PM

Sounds kosher to me ;D

Ponce
8th September 2010, 03:23 PM
Illu? in no way, form or shape would I be a "holy" one........I mean.......besides holy Ponce hahahahaha.

dead precedent
8th September 2010, 03:41 PM

There was a guy at the old GIM that just to answer anything that you would asked him about the muslims religion and if he didn't know the answer he would find it for you......

Krueggerman,I believe,cool cat!

Fortyone
8th September 2010, 05:37 PM

There was a guy at the old GIM that just to answer anything that you would asked him about the muslims religion and if he didn't know the answer he would find it for you......

Was he 301 ouncer?

platinumdude
8th September 2010, 06:05 PM
Karaites go by actually seeing the new moon before declaring the new month. They expect to see it this Friday. Then I will celebrate.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/karaite_korner_news/

EE_
8th September 2010, 06:17 PM
Okay, I'm coming out of the closet you bunch of anti-semites!
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/photos/yom-kippur-01.jpg

Spectrism
8th September 2010, 07:22 PM

Was he 301 ouncer?

Yeah- and this illum clown is his little disciple.

301 fed all the propaganda nonsense and it got to be tedious hearing the absolute BS. For those of you who think there is something good to this Muslim crap... go right ahead. You have the right to poison yourself and fall into that cesspool.

Ponce
8th September 2010, 11:26 PM
EE? not anti Semites but anti Zionists.......and proud of it >:(