PDA

View Full Version : cub cadet 2554, any opinions?

chad
10th September 2010, 02:37 PM
i need a new lawn/garden tractor that can double as a snowblower for my 450 foot long driveway. been looking at the cub cadet 2554. the guys at the local dealership are way cool (i have a lt1042 now). they're offering me $850 for mine lt (i paid $600 for it) and $6,000 for the 2554 with the snow cab, chains, weights, and blower unit.

i have also been looking at the john deere x series, but i hate the people at the deere dealership here. complete douche bags everytime i go in for anything.

anyway, does anybody have any experience with the cub 2554? i was going to go whole hog, put up with douche bags, and buy the deere x728, but everybody said i can't sell my PMs, and i have to do it with cash.

skid
11th September 2010, 06:05 PM
I've got a twin cylinder cub cadet zero turn tractor that cuts the lawn well, but I wouldn't mount a snow blower on the front of it. 450 feet is a long driveway, and I don't know if a small tractor is up to that for an extended period. My driveway is almost double and I use a 56 hp John Deere utility tractor with a rear blade (avatar) that clears snow very fast. A snow blower would take forever. Why not mount a snow plow on a 4wd truck if you have one. It would be cheaper and much faster.

Book
11th September 2010, 06:15 PM
A snow blower would take forever. Why not mount a snow plow on a 4wd truck if you have one. It would be cheaper and much faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ll9yklhys&feature=fvw

Skid gives good advice.

:)

skid
11th September 2010, 07:44 PM
I could have shovelled that quicker by hand ;D

chad
13th September 2010, 08:52 AM
well, i guess i should clarify. i already have a snowplow truck. this would be backup for if i am gone with the snowplow backup truck, say 3 hours away at a meeting, and it snows a foot. it's for my wife so she has an emergency plow the driveway backup plan.

bellevuebully
13th September 2010, 09:06 AM
Personally, I'd go used 40 hp cropper with a loader. MF 65 or 165 or a JD 420 or 2020. You can find used ones for ~5K. pto and 3ph gives a lot of options if at some time you want to run a splitter or a bush hog or something. Sorry though, no experience with cc.