PDA

View Full Version : Team Field Strips a WWII-era jeep, then rebuilds it....In under 4 minutes.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
10th September 2010, 06:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgwF8mdQwlw&feature=player_embedded

Gotta hand it to WWII engineering.

Book
10th September 2010, 06:45 PM
Fun to watch full-screen!

|--0--|

wildcard
10th September 2010, 06:51 PM
It's too bad we can no longer build vehicles that are so easy to work on and reliable anymore.

RJB
10th September 2010, 08:05 PM
It's too bad we can no longer build vehicles that are so easy to work on and reliable anymore.
What are you talking about? That happened to Jesse Jackson Cadillac Escalade in Detroit ;D

Saul Mine
10th September 2010, 08:47 PM
Good show, but they forgot to tie up the muffler. It's dragging. Also they got the hood in place but didn't attach it, so if they ever go forward it's going to fly off. That happened to me once with a '50 Ford. It's quite a thrill.

BrewTech
10th September 2010, 09:08 PM
That vehicle was minimally assembled in order to operate well enough to drive it to the demonstration point and back.

Well choreographed operation - I will give them credit for that. Teamwork is a cool thing to watch.

Phoenix
11th September 2010, 02:01 AM

You mean: car companies don't want people working on their own cars any more, so they make proprietary parts with odd-ball fasteners and computer systems that require $110/hour "factory-certified" shops.

Ponce
11th September 2010, 08:24 AM
I just to drive a Willie while in Alaska with a radio in the back (the VRCQ-3) and it was fun...could go just about anywhere.