PDA

View Full Version : How Long would Frosted Pop Tarts Last ?

gunDriller
11th September 2010, 03:41 PM
What do you think is the shelf-life on these ?

For example, the frosted raspberry Pop Tart flavor.

http://img.meijer.com/assets/product_images/styles/xlarge/1001029_038000316104_A_400.jpg

I guess there's 2 ways to define shelf-life.

I would say, has to retain some degree of tasting good. I don't know if a 5 year old Pop tart can taste good - I guess I'll find out ! :D

Dogman
11th September 2010, 03:42 PM
At this house about 2 nano-seconds.

;D

MNeagle
11th September 2010, 03:53 PM
I believe it's one of those foods like a Twinkie, or a McD's hamburger: indefinitely!

BUT, I personally wouldn't store those for long-term SHTF purposes.

RJB
11th September 2010, 03:57 PM
Indefinitely. Not even bacteria eat that crap.

But seriously, they are good for morale and trade, but they have more additives than nutrients. They last a decade or two.

J in AZ
11th September 2010, 04:02 PM
At this house about 2 nano-seconds.

;D

At my house they would last until the next Monday...

Monday = trash pickup.

Liquid
11th September 2010, 04:40 PM
Is there an expiration date on the box?

Pop Tarts are nice when you are at home sick, it's a good comfort food while you are moaning and complaining while sick.

MNeagle
11th September 2010, 04:47 PM
Is there an expiration date on the box?

Pop Tarts are nice when you are at home sick, it's a good comfort food while you are moaning and complaining while sick.

Give me honey toast any day please... or peanut butter if I'm stronger.

madfranks
11th September 2010, 07:12 PM
Indefinitely. Not even bacteria eat that crap.

But seriously, they are good for morale and trade, but they have more additives than nutrients. They last a decade or two.

Morale definitely. For some reason the crackle of the foil wrapper always makes you happy. One time my toddler son tripped on a wood deck and got a wicked splinter in his hand. When we finally got the splinter out, he was crying hard and his face was red. We gave him the pop tarts, still in the foil wrapper, and he was over it.

Saul Mine
11th September 2010, 10:08 PM
Walmart keeps track of such things. According to Walmart, the first two things to disappear off the shelf in any emergency are beer (you knew that) and strawberry Pop Tarts. No idea why only strawberry was mentioned.

willie pete
11th September 2010, 10:14 PM
don't eat pop-tarts any more, did when I was a kid though, I'd imagine if you froze them it would extend shelf life