PDA

View Full Version : 109 days left...

EE_
13th September 2010, 04:39 PM
before Bush tax cuts expire.
Should they let them expire or extend them?

Wall Street does not want them to expire in the worst way, and you know how well Wall Street has your back?

I say let them expire!

1970 silver art
13th September 2010, 04:50 PM
Even if Congress extends the Bush tax cuts, the gov't is going to increase taxes elsewhere. It really will not matter one way or the other because the gov't will NEVER have enough money and will ALWAYS run deficits.

Ponce
13th September 2010, 04:52 PM
Does it really matters? it all benefits the rich and not the poor..........60% of those who took advantage of the $7,500 if order to buy a house are now in deep doodoo because they didn't read the fine prints and that money is due and payable NOW.

osoab
13th September 2010, 05:18 PM
Does it really matters? it all benefits the rich and not the poor..........60% of those who took advantage of the $7,500 if order to buy a house are now in deep doodoo because they didn't read the fine prints and that money is due and payable NOW.

where did you get that?

Fortyone
13th September 2010, 05:22 PM

where did you get that?

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=186831,00.html

repaid over 15 years, its a loan, not a credit.

Phoenix
13th September 2010, 05:23 PM
WORSE IS BETTER

mightymanx
13th September 2010, 07:22 PM
The repeal of the "Bush" tax cuts removes the 10% bracket so the lowest bracket is 15% and moves the 35% "rich" bracket to 39% not to mention the 55% federal death tax for estates over 1 million so your house, car(s) and life insurance(s) and all your other possesions will probably be worth about 1 million dollars but the truly rich have trusts foundations and all that other asset shelters.

So you tell me who is going to be worse off?

But the debate makes great election year kabuki theatre on the news.

All is going according to plan.

zap
13th September 2010, 07:33 PM
Living trusts aren't to expensive couple thousand , better then having a will, and I think they would help quite a bit.

Cebu_4_2
13th September 2010, 07:48 PM
With only a CPA you can get out of 99% of all taxes weather a loss or expense. The more money you deal with the easier it is to portray. The little folks that file on their own or go to the local tax hack are the ones that foot the bill. I have not paid a dollar in income tax in at least the past 15 years, some years good some bad but never had to pay.