PDA

View Full Version : Dead man found in LAX restroom, his head covered in a bag and hands bound

k-os
15th September 2010, 03:08 PM
September 15, 2010 | 11:10 am

A man whose head was covered in a bag and who had his hands bound was found dead Wednesday morning in a restroom at Terminal 3 at Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

Airport police were called to the bathroom shortly before 8 a.m. and found a body slumped in a stall, according to sources familiar with the case. They called Los Angeles police, who dispatched detectives with the department's robbery-homicide division to investigate.

The sources said it was not immediately clear if the death was a suicide or a homicide.

[Updated at 12:30 p.m.: Los Angeles police said that a preliminary investigation indicates that the man in the restroom died from a possible suicide. They said the case has been turned over to the Los Angeles County Coroner to determine official cause of death. They also stressed that the investigation was in its early stages.]

Law enforcement officials said they could not recall a killing ever taking place inside the airport terminal. [Updated at 1:30 p.m. In 2002, Jacob Aminov, 46, and Victoria Hen, 25, were slain and Sarah Phillips, 61, was wounded during an attack at the El Al airline counter at LAX by 41-year-old Egyptian immigrant Hesham Mohamed Hadayet. Hadayet was shot and killed by an El Al security guard. FBI agents later said Hadayet was angry over Israel's treatment of the Palestinians.]

Through the first half of the year, total crime at LAX decreased 6% to 1,146 incidents, from 1,222 incidents reported during the same period a year earlier. The total number of arrests decreased marginally, from 674 in the first six months of 2009 to 664 for the same period in 2010.

During the first half of 2010, there was one aggravated assault resulting in an arrest reported, compared with none by midyear 2009.

Nearly 29 million travelers used LAX through June 30 -- a 4.85% increase over the same period last year. About 236,000 people pass through the airport on an average day.

I just thought it was weird . . . head in a bag, hands bound . . . uh . .. let me think . . . suicide?

SLV^GLD
15th September 2010, 03:18 PM
I was thinking more like, he didn't pay his bills and he owed some rather harsh individuals. There may have also been a message sent in that transaction as well.

Gaillo
15th September 2010, 03:19 PM
I just thought it was weird . . . head in a bag, hands bound . . . uh . .. let me think . . . suicide?

Yep. He probably couldn't find a shotgun... to shoot himself 3 times in the back of the head with! ;D

Joe King
15th September 2010, 03:40 PM
We're his hands bound behind his back, or in front of him?

Not sayin' this guy wasn't murdered, as he very well may have been, but people who commit suicide sometimes try to make it look like it was actually murder in order to attempt to save their loved ones from the knowledge it was suicide.

I actually know of someone who did that. Didn't know them personally, but close enough to know it really happened.

With all the video cameras there are in an airport, I'd imagine there's lots of footage of him in the airport before he died or was killed.
Personally, I wouldn't think an airport would be a good place to commit murder. Not that there is a good place, of course.
But you never know.

osoab
15th September 2010, 03:51 PM
Sounds a little less messy than this suicide.

Family: Evanston man killed by bomb committed suicide (http://www.suntimes.com/news/2713708,evanston-bomb-death-091510.article)

Police planned to issue a statement later Wednesday. On Tuesday, police said it was too early to determine whether Dalebroux, 21, took his own life.

The incident happened early Tuesday morning, when neighbors who live near Fitzsimmons Park said they heard a large explosion. They later found the headless body of Dalebroux in the park.

Evanston Police Chief Richard Eddington Tuesday night said suicide was a possibility.

“I’m not really ready to utter that word, but that’s a distinct possibility,’’ Eddington said.

Eddington also said the bombs found near Dalebroux’s body did not appear to be very sophisticated. The bombs used relied on “very crude pipe bomb technology that’s been around a real long time,” he said.

gunDriller
15th September 2010, 04:35 PM
They later found the headless body of Dalebroux in the park.

that does make it difficult to interview the subject.