PDA

View Full Version : Silver, what else?

Silver Sammy
15th September 2010, 09:09 PM
Silver, oh yeah!

Cant keep a good dog down! http://gold-silver.us/forum/gallery/87_15_09_10_9_07_59.gif

FunnyMoney
15th September 2010, 09:11 PM
Don't you think you better wait until $24 before going out on a limb?

Mouse
15th September 2010, 09:24 PM
Sell everything, NOW!

tater
15th September 2010, 10:23 PM
Sell everything, NOW!

You're right, it's an infamous Silver Sammy sighting. Oh Lawd the runup is ovah :'(

Libertarian_Guard
15th September 2010, 11:07 PM
O.K. who came in with the "Sammy" puppet?

Neuro
16th September 2010, 01:46 AM
Silver Sammy contrarian indicator. Sheet silver is going down to 8.50 probably b4 end of year! Time to start panic selling!

Silver Shield
16th September 2010, 02:43 AM
Beware the Ides of Sammy...
Silver Sammy is a Rothschild controlled front man... ;)

1970 silver art
16th September 2010, 04:33 AM
Silver, oh yeah!

Cant keep a good dog down! http://gold-silver.us/forum/gallery/87_15_09_10_9_07_59.gif

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess my $23 silver gut feeling prediction will not come true after all. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

EE_
16th September 2010, 04:48 AM
Hey wait a minute...is this the real Sammy or...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/369127781_74f5076ae7.jpg?v=0

sirgonzo420
16th September 2010, 05:16 AM
Silver Sammy (on this forum) is Phoenix. I remembered when he registered that name.

Neuro
16th September 2010, 05:21 AM
Silver Sammy (on this forum) is Phoenix. I remembered when he registered that name.
Didn't mean to thank you for that post, but you deserve it anyway!

I guess we will soon have a Rhodium Sammy then! LOL

Ponce
16th September 2010, 08:15 AM
When Sammy talks.......silver goes down.......for the good of the people he should stay away.

I have already quadruple my silver with the $5.16 that I paid for it ;D

Dogman
16th September 2010, 08:23 AM
IMHO

Silver in the long run has a great potential to rise in price greatly if what that has been reported is true
that existing silver in the ground is running out and not much new play has been found.
And it has sort of been predicted that some where around 2025 or so it will play out in the existing
mines. And then recycling will become more important.

??

Is it true? I think so!

Long term good place to be to hold physical and they that hold paper are holding just that paper
and worth the same.

Twisted Titan
16th September 2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrz_qowIIbQ

Ponce
16th September 2010, 10:22 AM
Yes Dogman, I have read the same thing in many places.......at this time there is more silver than gold above ground and because silver is a by product and is being used for many things there is a shortage of it.

DMac
16th September 2010, 10:29 AM
Sammy, Sammy, Sammy....

http://www.lastgeneration.biz/crowley_files/shapeimage_3.jpg

http://www.conspirazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/sammy-davis-knight-malta.jpg
Knight of Malta

http://www.globaltruth.net/sasat.jpg
Col. Michael A. Aquino (U.S. Army Int.) Sammy Davis Jr.(entertainer) Anton
La Vey (church of satan, founder)

bellevuebully
16th September 2010, 11:41 AM
IMHO

Silver in the long run has a great potential to rise in price greatly if what that has been reported is true
that existing silver in the ground is running out and not much new play has been found.
And it has sort of been predicted that some where around 2025 or so it will play out in the existing

??

Is it true? I think so!

Long term good place to be to hold physical and they that hold paper are holding just that paper
and worth the same.

I believe it. Commodity cycles are low frequency, long period events. With gold in a bear market for 25 years, how much exploration do you think was happening. Next to zilch. Let's not even get into those dynamics with silver. After finding and funding, it still takes ave. 7 yrs to get a place into production. These truths alone tell you that if demand accelerates beyond the norm, the mining industry will find itself way behind the curve in it's ability to sell metal to the market place. Now consider that ~18 years worth of inventory draw down due to an approx. 150 moz/year prod. deficit. In 2008 when tshtf and everyone was scrambling for safety, retail sized silver was low,low, low in supply.

I'd say all of this points to a certain supply issue.

Now I have a q for you......what do you get when a supply issue collides with a monetary (inflationary) issue?

Dogman
16th September 2010, 11:50 AM
IMHO

??

Is it true? I think so!

and worth the same.

I believe it. Commodity cycles are low frequency, long period events. With gold in a bear market for 25 years, how much exploration do you think was happening. Next to zilch. Let's not even get into those dynamics with silver. After finding and funding, it still takes ave. 7 yrs to get a place into production. These truths alone tell you that if demand accelerates beyond the norm, the mining industry will find itself way behind the curve in it's ability to sell metal to the market place. Now consider that ~18 years worth of inventory draw down due to an approx. 150 moz/year prod. deficit. In 2008 when tshtf and everyone was scrambling for safety, retail sized silver was low,low, low in supply.

I'd say all of this points to a certain supply issue.

Now I have a q for you......what do you get when a supply issue collides with a monetary (inflationary) issue?

Trouble

Saul Mine
16th September 2010, 11:50 AM
IMHO

??

Is it true? I think so!

and worth the same.

Well, we keep hearing over and over that silver ores are running out, but miners don't seem to have any such problem. I know a place that used to produce huge amounts of silver and nobody will bother to dig for silver there any more -- they do better selling wulfenite crystals to collectors. It may be that cheap silver is getting scarce, mainly because of politics, but there just isn't any indication of worry from the people who know best how much ore they still have.

As for "more refined gold than refined silver" -- maybe. Everybody lies about how much gold they are holding, so it is impossible to give any informed opinion on that subject. Of course we still get plenty of opinions!

Trinity
16th September 2010, 07:50 PM
Only the real Silver Sammy can answer this question. If I don't get the right answer he is a fraud.

On what road is the coin show and what is the name of the building?

Buddha
16th September 2010, 08:20 PM
I sold some the other day, so screw you Sammy. It's going through the roof.

1970 silver art
16th September 2010, 08:24 PM
I sold some the other day, so screw you Sammy. It's going through the roof.

Hmmmmm.........I think that your action just might negate the Silver Sammy effect. ;D

Book
16th September 2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.moneyweek.com/~/media/MoneyWeek/2009/090330/09-04-01-02-long-term-silve.ashx?w=450&h=281&as=1

What a dog. Unload it now and don't look back on this loser...Ha Ha.

:ROFL:

http://www.moneyweek.com/~/media/MoneyWeek/2009/090330/09-04-01-03-gold-v-silver.ashx?w=450&h=281&as=1

Neuro
17th September 2010, 05:23 AM
Yes what Book said. Clearly silver have allready had it's moment of glory. Now it is time for it to go back to it's normal range between 4-7 dollars... Sell everything today, or look like a bloody fool tomorrow...

LOL

Cebu_4_2
17th September 2010, 05:59 AM
Sammy is cool, I miss the dude

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/stevie_wonder.jpg

Playswithfire
17th September 2010, 09:04 AM
I'm just curious. How high would silver have to go before you all sell?

Since I use silver in my work, pretty much everyday, I'm thinking I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I sell no matter how high it goes. Because then I'd just have to turn around a buy it again at the higher rate.

So, I'd actually prefer silver to plummet below $10.00 an ounce. To me, that would be heaven. :)

zap
17th September 2010, 09:11 AM
Well since I don't own any gold or silver, thats a hard, one but if I had silver I would get rid of it at 50.00, If I owned gold I would never get rid of it, unless it was my only way of survival.

Neuro
17th September 2010, 09:15 AM

Since I use silver in my work, pretty much everyday, I'm thinking I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I sell no matter how high it goes. Because then I'd just have to turn around a buy it again at the higher rate.

So, I'd actually prefer silver to plummet below $10.00 an ounce. To me, that would be heaven. :)

it may appear to be a good thing for you, however two major drawbacks for you...

1) At 10 Dollar spot price there would be no silver to buy for you. Unless you were willing to pay a hefty premium, then you might. Same thing happened 2 years ago when spot was under 10.
2) 10 Dollar silver would indicate a severe deflation (unless we are talking collapse of metal exchanges). Noone would be able to buy your jewellry...

1970 silver art
17th September 2010, 09:55 AM
Drawback #1 makes sense to me. When spot silver was in the $9-$10 range, my local dealer was charging me $5 over spot for 1-oz silver art bars whenever he had some available. $5 over spot was probably the lowest that he could charge me at the time because he probably was breaking even if he bought that silver when spot was much higher. The local dealers are not going to sell silver for lower than what they paid for it.

Playswithfire
17th September 2010, 10:00 AM

it may appear to be a good thing for you, however two major drawbacks for you...

1) At 10 Dollar spot price there would be no silver to buy for you. Unless you were willing to pay a hefty premium, then you might. Same thing happened 2 years ago when spot was under 10.
2) 10 Dollar silver would indicate a severe deflation (unless we are talking collapse of metal exchanges). Noone would be able to buy your jewellry...

Interesting points Neuro. But at $50.00 an ounce or higher, I wouldn't be able to afford to make my jewelry. Nor can I see anyone wanting to purchase high dollar sterling silver jewelry. I mostly make jewelry because I love doing it. I don't make much, if any, profit from it though, mostly because there's so much mass produced junk on the market for cheap. People don't realize they are getting cheap jewelry for that cheap price.

I purchased a couple of pendants off Ebay once, for a couple of dollars each. The seller claimed they were sterling, but I knew they weren't. I tested them when I got them and sure enough, they were only silver plated. The cabs that were set into them were worth what I paid for them, but that's the kind of stuff I have to compete with. And people think they are getting a good deal.

So for me, in order to do what I love doing, silver has to stay down.

Neuro
27th September 2010, 07:24 AM
I understand what you are saying PWF. However you shouldn't underestimate peoples psychology either. People tend to value what is expensive.... Let's assume that gold goes to 10.000 an ounce and silver to 1000 an ounce (without a too big drop in purchasing power of the dollar... You would see a different clientele to your jewellry and other high end silver jewellry makers. At these prices Silver can hardly be considered a precious metal, at least not by the majority of the population, for me I am seeing a buying opportunity...

Gknowmx
27th September 2010, 08:25 AM

Interesting points Neuro. But at $50.00 an ounce or higher, I wouldn't be able to afford to make my jewelry. Nor can I see anyone wanting to purchase high dollar sterling silver jewelry. I mostly make jewelry because I love doing it. I don't make much, if any, profit from it though, mostly because there's so much mass produced junk on the market for cheap. People don't realize they are getting cheap jewelry for that cheap price.

I purchased a couple of pendants off Ebay once, for a couple of dollars each. The seller claimed they were sterling, but I knew they weren't. I tested them when I got them and sure enough, they were only silver plated. The cabs that were set into them were worth what I paid for them, but that's the kind of stuff I have to compete with. And people think they are getting a good deal.

So for me, in order to do what I love doing, silver has to stay down.

Sadly, You are treating your avocation as an entitlement: ‘I need silver to stay down’. I agree with Neuro. What is at stake here for you is more than just a hobby: it is your entire philosophy of life. You complain on the one hand that the market is flooded with junk, and you seem resigned to accept that fact rather than change your philosophical underpinnings. Some people educate themselves before they are made to pay for it, others only when they are made to pay for it, and the rest are not educatible at any cost. Why ever voluntarily deal with people who don’t demand the most of themselves or others? If your work is truly valuable, there will be no shortage of folks willing to pay. Otherwise, your happiness is just another entitlement that I am expected to pay for in the form of suppressed silver prices. I bet you can do better than that!