PDA

View Full Version : easy water storage device

mightymanx
19th September 2010, 06:21 PM
I found these a while ago and bought several. Stashed in both bathrooms.

They are not a total replacement for waterstorage but they are cheap and easy. Fill them when a threat is pending.

It keeps any stray pubes/chemicals out of your drinking supply from the bathtub.

http://www.waterbob.com/Welcome.do;jsessionid=40B908BA90D0BBEC5CDDD908549C D90B

The video is worth 1000 words but it is not dial up friendly. The web page it has the video on auto start.

Korbin Dallas
19th September 2010, 08:30 PM
Not a bad idea. I found it here for $34.95: http://www.newdavincis.com/waterbobemergencywaterreserve-p-275.html

mightymanx
19th September 2010, 08:45 PM
When I did it there was a buy 4 get 1 free deal worked out to about 25 each If I rember right some prepper friends jumped in with me on that deal.

Korbin Dallas
19th September 2010, 08:53 PM
Wow, I just noticed the sale price of $19.95 plus $4.95 shipping, and buy 4 get one free. Thanks for the OP.

Glass
19th September 2010, 09:08 PM
looks like a good product. 100 gallons is what? about 390 litres? I don't think my bath would hold that much but it might. Just fill up to the top of the bath I suppose.

I have a berkey and I have been filling up 25 litre stackable water containers. The containers on their own are nearly US $25.00. Hard plastic though and re-usable. I think they are good for about a week at a pinch for 1 person. I'd get close to maybe a couple months out of one of those bladders.

Korbin Dallas they are $19.95 from the waterbob web site FYI. Buy 4 get 5th for free..... ah never mind ;D

MNeagle
21st September 2010, 07:35 AM
Another tip I just read: Fill your washing machine (w/o clothes or soap obviously) with water. But do not run. You'll have gallons of water there too.

mightymanx
21st September 2010, 07:48 AM
I also flush my water heater once a year so it can be used as an emergency source as well you get the water out from the bottom drain and you lift the pressure relief valve fot the top vent so it does not draw a vacuum when draining.

MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF THE POWER TO IT Even if the power is out that way if the power comes back before water you don't trash the heater.