PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Canadian 1oz Silver Wolf

undgrd
24th September 2010, 05:00 AM
Has anyone seen these? First time I've seen them.
I'd like to see some in person. I think they look really nice!
The other side is queeny...no need to post that thing.

http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/Files/Images/Products/156190/156190_136220_L.png

mamboni
24th September 2010, 06:06 AM
Why does the wolf have a tumor growing out of the right side of its head? You know, it's impossible today to find a decent looking silver bullion coin.

undgrd
24th September 2010, 07:04 AM
It looks to me like they tried to make the jaw line or cheekbone more pronounced. Pushed the face out to do it.
Jaw in Red
Face in Green

gunDriller
24th September 2010, 09:16 AM
that's a big wolf.

more like Wolf-Zilla.

steyr_m
24th September 2010, 09:36 AM
Has anyone seen these? First time I've seen them.
I'd like to see some in person. I think they look really nice!
The other side is queeny...no need to post that thing.

Yeah, f that old hag.

The place where I pick up bullion and numismatics has them and will ship to the US. When I get back home, I'll be picking one up.

http://www.gatewestcoin.com/markets.html

undgrd
24th September 2010, 03:07 PM
Well I ended up picking one of these up. I HIGHLY recommend you at least look one over. The background is a matte finish. The cliff overhang the wolf is standing, the wolf, and the moon are raised and highly polished. The quality is one par with a proof. The detail in the fur of the wolf is very nice. Anyone who has held a Canadian Silver Maple Leaf will understand the matte finish and highly polished contrast.

Like I said...check one out if you have the chance!

1970 silver art
25th September 2010, 04:34 AM
Before now, The only Canadian silver wolf coin that I have seen was a 1/2 oz Canadian Silver Wolf that was minted in 2006. I think that the 2006 1/2 oz Canadian Silver Wolf coin was the only Wolf coin made until now.

TomD
26th September 2010, 01:38 PM
I haven't seen any of the new one oz coins but I've got a few of the 2006 1/2 oz. From what I've seen, the new coin is blown up but otherwise essentially identical to the 2006 version.

Here's one of my 2006 coins---

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x229/TomD77/wolf.jpg

ShortJohnSilver
26th September 2010, 07:55 PM
Why does the wolf have a tumor growing out of the right side of its head? You know, it's impossible today to find a decent looking silver bullion coin.

Actually it is a "thought bubble" but they didn't get it figured out in time ... typical government employees!

Libertarian_Guard
30th September 2010, 08:46 PM
************ Repost ************

The U.S. Mint announced today that it is significantly raising the premium on all Silver American Eagle coins. Obviously, every dealer will have to increase their premiums on Silver American Eagle coins.

This breaking news comes on the heels of silver reaching a new 30-year record high over the past week. If you already own Silver American Eagles, the value of your coins has steadily increased.

The chart on the right displays the correlation between the Spot Price of Silver and the S&P Index, from January 2000 to the present. This chart clearly shows that over the last 10 years your money was better invested in Silver by a better than a 4:1 ratio.

If you are looking to acquire silver bullion at a lower price premium, you should take advantage of our reduced premiums on 2011 Silver Timber Wolf Coins from the Royal Canadian Mint today.

Limited Time Silver Special!

From now until Sunday, October 2, at 11:59 p.m. (CST) you can buy the limited edition 2011 Silver Timber Wolf Coins at a reduced premium of only $1.99 over spot per coin!

WWW.apmex.com