PDA

View Full Version : Encouraged by the Affordable Housing success Washington moves to regulate gold

G2Rad
24th September 2010, 10:55 AM
CNBC:

Lawmakers Take Steps to "Protect" Gold Investors

Lawmakers in Washington are aiming to ensure that consumers don't get trounced by bad gold deals.

A House bill would arm consumers with more information about gold trading. Gold dealers' sales representatives would have to disclose to consumers the purchase price, melt value and the resale value of the coin or bullion they are buying.

Regulators discussed investigating some companies for using aggressive sales tactics to sell overpriced gold coins

The television gold industry is an industry, that has built up the industry on fear, lies and rip-offs

http://www.cnbc.com//id/39343339

chad
24th September 2010, 10:59 AM
The television gold industry is an industry, that has built up the industry on fear, lies and rip-offs

just like every other industry.

even though goldline is a grade A shitty gold seller, i think it's fairly obvious at this point that they are going after goldline because they advertise on almost every conservative talk radio station. they are trying to play the guilt-by-association-politics-game with private companies now.

Apparition
24th September 2010, 11:00 AM
No surprise here.

It's obvious that the control-freak politicians are using protection as a means of diminishing economic freedom and any alternative that could challenge the government's monopoly on money.

Ugh...

ximmy
24th September 2010, 11:05 AM
It's ok... the Gov. is going to fund this bill with innovative precious metal sales taxes...

Dogman
24th September 2010, 11:07 AM
As much as I do not care for this government and the ass holes running it.(both party's)

If you have looked around there are some true shysters out there. Selling
WAY overpriced real coins and then the low end plated ones. And how about
some of the buyers that are on tv and magazine adds paying Penney's on the dollar of melt price.

That market needs to be cleaned up. Just hate the government doing it , because
once they get their foot in the door, they may slam it open.

Not a good thing in my mind.

Horn
24th September 2010, 11:36 AM

No, not at all, because what this governments aims are for removing the advertising for it, all together.

And let the feeble minded pay too much for gold, are we not here to celebrate each others differences. :)

midnight rambler
24th September 2010, 11:37 AM
The primary role of government is to protect us from ourselves. I thought everyone knew this.

G2Rad
24th September 2010, 11:39 AM
forget it,

I want you all concentrate on the following news:

Lindsay Lohan returns to jail

Lindsay Lohan released from jail

and again

and look,

and more

and then

but once more

and then, you guessed it

Horn
24th September 2010, 11:39 AM
It's ok... the Gov. is going to fund this bill with innovative precious metal sales taxes...

Wherever this place goes to JQP, be sure to get us a full compliment of smilies & sarcasm icons.

I'm willing to donate for that, but it will only be in silver form mailed to you personally.

gunDriller
24th September 2010, 12:19 PM
i think the real regulation is the $600 1099 law that kicks in in 2012 - unless it's stopped.

this thing with Goldline - i'm not sure how much it's grandstanding & how much it's the result of people realizing they overpaid for their gold.

DMac
24th September 2010, 12:59 PM
Since most Americans watch TV and get their information from the TV it makes sense that the gov is attacking the prime TV gold seller/advertiser as daddy gov doesn't want the people holding metals en masse.

"Don't buy gold, booga booga, Goldline is scamming you, booga booga!"

madfranks
24th September 2010, 02:05 PM
A House bill would arm consumers with more information about gold trading.

Ignorant consumers who are too lazy to spend 5 minutes on the net to research gold will not be helped by this.

Down1
24th September 2010, 03:41 PM
I am against this.

I am amused that these scam artists(TV Gold Dealers) are pushing people into high mark-up numis based on what FDR did and these scam artists(congress critters) won't acknowledge that.

Serpo
24th September 2010, 04:21 PM
forget it,

I want you all concentrate on the following news:

and again

and look,

and more

and then

but once more

and then, you guessed it

so is she in jail or not , this is very important news

Ironfield
26th September 2010, 10:40 PM
In the current riveting news headlines she post $300,000 bail and then checked herself into rehab. meanwhile Your average Joe with the same long list of violations is still sitting in lockup.

-Ironfield

Ponce
26th September 2010, 10:46 PM
Money is power and because gold is "real" money the government wants to discourage the general John Doe from owning any and thereby hold them all hostage to the whimp of those in power...........the real power will not come from gold itself but from what gold will be able to buy.........FOOD.

Olmstein
26th September 2010, 11:51 PM
As much as I do not care for this government and the ass holes running it.(both party's)

If you have looked around there are some true shysters out there. Selling
WAY overpriced real coins and then the low end plated ones. And how about
some of the buyers that are on tv and magazine adds paying Penney's on the dollar of melt price.

That market needs to be cleaned up. Just hate the government doing it , because
once they get their foot in the door, they may slam it open.

You wanna know what is better than gov't regulation? The free market with a heavy dose of caveat emptor.

mick silver
27th September 2010, 06:12 AM
the american tax payer own all the homes in this country