PDA

View Full Version : Master Cleanse Diet

SQUEXX
26th September 2010, 06:50 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has done the Master Cleanse Diet? I'm on day 7 today, 3 days to go. It was a major holiday last week where I live, so I had 4 days off plus the weekend. So, it wasn't so bad starting. Mostly I've been taking 4-5 mile walks, doing yoga stretching and sleeping a lot. After the 4th-5th day headaches, it's not so bad. I feel really good now. I've dropped 16 pounds since last Tuesday as well. When I started, a size 38 waist was tight, now I can fit in size 36. After this week, I'm going to try the P90X program to get in shape and keep losing weight and down to a 33 waist. So far, so good!

BrewTech
26th September 2010, 06:58 PM
No reason to ever do any "diets" if you understand nutrition.

Gknowmx
26th September 2010, 07:18 PM

I largely agree with this comment.

Herbicidal
26th September 2010, 07:23 PM
My mom has done the Master Clense several times it seems to work well. I actually met Mr. Burroughs in person around 1986 at his home in California, albeit I was young then. Seemed like a decent guy. I'm considering doing the clense later this fall.

Book
26th September 2010, 07:31 PM

Me too.

:)

Kali
26th September 2010, 09:21 PM
Cleansing/fasting diets are very beneficial to the body.

The Master Cleanse I consider to be something more that someone who has a serious ailment needs to try.

It has ingredients that cleanse but it is a starvation diet. Of course you will lose weight on it. Much of that weight is not the stuff you want to lose.

You will feel better though, for sure, if you typically eat crap food.

It's more healthy to go on a fruit only diet. Mixed fruits or citrus only. Or you can do fruits and veggies. Lots of different ways to do it.

Waster fasting is superior to any other fasting though. It has to be strict water only though. No calories, otherwise you are no longer fasting and are on a starvation diet.

I like to mix fruit/veggie only cleansing diet with water only fasts.

Eat the fruit/veggies in abundance...then switch over to water only for 2-3 days. Go longer on water if you have a serious ailment.

Now here's something I will share that is life changing.

How to go poop.

Sitting upright on a toilet is bad news.

Squatting is good news.

You can try the bending over technique on a regular toilet since you will most likely not have a floor toilet in your home.

I learned this months ago and my bowel movements are 2-5 times larger than they have been the last 30 years of my life.

Most the time they are 1-2 feet in length.

Sounds silly maybe but try it.

Bend your shoulders towards your knees when you poop, on your tippy toes and arch back with correct posture. Move a bit to find your spot.

This is the best health advice I have heard in years.

If your poop isn't coming out long, you aren't eating enough fiber.

Below is the best site that I have found to describe this. No joke. Try it.

http://www.quickfasting.com/how_to_bm_.html

sunshine05
27th September 2010, 07:34 PM
SQUEXX = I just ordered the book. I'm going to try this, not as a diet but as a fast/cleanse. I've wanted to try it for a while now so thanks for reminding me:). How are you feeling now?

SQUEXX
27th September 2010, 09:34 PM
SQUEXX = I just ordered the book. I'm going to try this, not as a diet but as a fast/cleanse. I've wanted to try it for a while now so thanks for reminding me:). How are you feeling now?

I live out in the boonies in Korea. It's a bit isolated and I got in the habit of playing Age of Empires and Civilization 4 online. I also got in the habit of drinking lemon beer while I play. i ended up with 50 lbs I needed to lose. It wasn't just to lose weight but to give my organs a rest. I'm down nearly 20 lbs, tho.1 more day, I'm tired of drinking the lemonaide the salt water in the morning! I can't wait until it's over!

Libertarian_Guard
28th September 2010, 12:01 AM
It's better to lose the weight, then to keep moving it around.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2coo4dh.jpg

sunshine05
28th September 2010, 07:04 AM
LG - that is hilarious:)

SQUEXX - that's great that you were able to stick with it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to but I'm going to try. My birthday is next week so I think I will start right after that.

DMac
28th September 2010, 07:15 AM
I've always wanted to try a fast. I've never gone more than 24 hours without eating.

keehah
28th September 2010, 07:25 AM

Me too.

I disagree. I think it depends on what and how you eat and drink. 8)

madfranks
28th September 2010, 09:38 AM

The Master Cleanse I consider to be something more that someone who has a serious ailment needs to try.

It has ingredients that cleanse but it is a starvation diet. Of course you will lose weight on it. Much of that weight is not the stuff you want to lose.

It's more healthy to go on a fruit only diet. Mixed fruits or citrus only. Or you can do fruits and veggies. Lots of different ways to do it.

Waster fasting is superior to any other fasting though. It has to be strict water only though. No calories, otherwise you are no longer fasting and are on a starvation diet.

Eat the fruit/veggies in abundance...then switch over to water only for 2-3 days. Go longer on water if you have a serious ailment.

How to go poop.

Squatting is good news.

You can try the bending over technique on a regular toilet since you will most likely not have a floor toilet in your home.

I learned this months ago and my bowel movements are 2-5 times larger than they have been the last 30 years of my life.

Bend your shoulders towards your knees when you poop, on your tippy toes and arch back with correct posture. Move a bit to find your spot.

Great information, thank you.

BrewTech
29th September 2010, 07:13 AM

Me too.

I disagree. I think it depends on what and how you eat and drink. 8)

Ok - ya got me. Lazy posting on my part will earn me responses like this... :)

mamboni
29th September 2010, 07:37 AM

How to go poop.

Squatting is good news.

Most the time they are 1-2 feet in length. :o :o :o

Two foot long turd?!?!?! :o :o :o I think that's the mark of a four-flusher, no?

BrewTech
3rd October 2010, 08:58 AM

How to go poop.

Squatting is good news.

Most the time they are 1-2 feet in length. :o :o :o

Two foot long turd?!?!?! :o :o :o I think that's the mark of a four-flusher, no?

Not if you keep one of these in the bathroom...

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/hacksaw-1.jpg

sunshine05
13th November 2010, 04:52 PM
SQUEXX - I really give you credit for making it the whole 10 days. I had to stop today on day 6 because I started having anxiety attacks and weakness yesterday. I toughed it out and felt somewhat okay this morning. But I had a lot to do this morning and around noon just felt too bad to get everything done so I stopped at the store for an orange juice and ate a granola bar and felt much better. I'm disappointed I didn't make it but I may try it again in a few months. So many people claim to not feel hungry after day 3 or so but that was not so for me. I felt SO hungry. Just wanted to update:).

k-os
13th November 2010, 05:03 PM
SQUEXX - I really give you credit for making it the whole 10 days. I had to stop today on day 6 because I started having anxiety attacks and weakness yesterday. I toughed it out and felt somewhat okay this morning. But I had a lot to do this morning and around noon just felt too bad to get everything done so I stopped at the store for an orange juice and ate a granola bar and felt much better. I'm disappointed I didn't make it but I may try it again in a few months. So many people claim to not feel hungry after day 3 or so but that was not so for me. I felt SO hungry. Just wanted to update:).

Congrats on making it as far as you did! I would think that making it as far as you did would have some benefits. Did you/do you feel better? Did you shed any lbs?

hoarder
13th November 2010, 06:54 PM
How to go poop.

Squatting is good news.

GSUS must be the only PM forum where one can read pooping lessons.

It makes sense, though. Also, the lower you squat the wider the cheek angle and thus the less you get on yourself on the way out. If you ever used one of those tall handicapped toilets you know what I mean!

sunshine05
14th November 2010, 05:04 AM

Congrats on making it as far as you did! I would think that making it as far as you did would have some benefits. Did you/do you feel better? Did you shed any lbs?

Thanks! I really was feeling better. I definitely had clear sinuses, healthier looking skin and I didn't weigh myself but I probably dropped a few pounds.

SilverMagnet
5th December 2010, 05:30 PM
I have some experience with fasting and still continue to do a one day fast every week. The benefits have been exponential to say the least.

What I recommend from experience and hours of research, is that when fasting you are obviously detoxing impurities from your body. When this occurs these toxins are released into your blood stream which is what makes you feel bad with the headaches, etc. Under a hard water fast, the results come faster, but at a much greater risk of free radical damage to your liver and other parts of your body.

For this reason, it is most beneficial to start with juice fasting under a two week program. The natural antioxidants obtained from the fruit juice (pomegranate especially) counteracts the free radicals and helps to protect the liver, thereby providing more body energy and less of the negative effects of the toxic release into the blood.

After a good two week Juice fast it would be much easier to work into a strict water fast as most of the major toxins will have been expelled from the body. Whether juice or water fasting, the transition back to solid food should be very gradual in order to adjust your digestive system to full functionality as it has been on break while your body used that energy to purify itself.

The sheer energy and positive feeling you will have after this renewal is enough to make you want to never touch an unhealthy toxic food again. After that, a one day fast weekly or bi-weekly should be enough for maintenance until another annual two week fast.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
7th December 2010, 05:40 PM
I have done several juice fasts, several water fasts, and I have done the master cleanse one time.

I can't say enough good things about fasting, although most people's reactions are to get mad when I talk about it, because they don't understand how/why you don't need to eat all the time.

Silver Magnet is correct. The most trying aspect of a serious fast is not the fact that you're not eatting - it's how sick you feel from the elimination. I know what feeling sick from hunger feels like - this is not what I am discussing. Elimination is slow and painful....imagine your body is like a river. The bottom is dirt/mud, but the rest of the river is clean and flowing fast. Now stir up the bottom of the river - suddenly the entire river is murky! But when that water moves on (elimination) then the water is clean and so is the floor of the river.

When your body can't eat, it starts eating the body. But the body is not stupid, and it knows to eat useless tissue and waste before it eats the brain and muscles. There is a hierarchy to self-cannibalism, so to speak. This is the whole point of fasting. It is a "controlled dive" where you encourage your body to expel and eliminate waste it had no reason to address before when you were eating.

Now the master cleanse is not like most fasts. Most fasts are just water, or just one type of juice, such as apple/celery. Don't try the master cleanse without reading further into it, there are exact ratios that you are supposed to follow.

The ingredients in the master cleanse:

1) Lemons, alkalyzes the body, has other purported health benefits
2) Cayenne pepper, a cardiovascular stimulent, good for people with heart problems (google: cayenne pepper stops heart attacks) and encourages all organs of elimination and mucus production, also contains many trace elements like iron
3) Dark Grade Maple syrup - is a form of glucose, which all other sugars are turned into (i.e. body changes fructose to glucose. changes sucrose to glucose) Also contains many trace elements like magnesium
4) Water

This is the lemonade you will drink. You cannot substitute any ingredients. You cannot use syrup instead of maple syrup. You cannot use sugar instead of maple syrup. You cannot use red peppers instead of cayenne peppers. You cannot use oranges or sweet lemons instead of lemons. As hoarder pointed out, I think the only acceptable substitution is limes for lemons.

When taking ONLY the above drink, you're basically drinking a spicy lemonade, with alkalyzing properties, and some calories which are strictly limited to glucose form. You're also getting a ton of trace minerals, but no other proteins. As illogical as this sounds, it's only an issue for the first 2 days. After that, your body starts cannibalizing itself, and actually does derive protein from waste inside the body. THE FIRST TWO DAYS ARE HELL. Don't judge it based on those first few days, especially if you've never fasted before.

You're basically tricking your body into eliminating things that are buried so deep in your body, it had never planned to dig them up ever again.

If you don't believe fasting is necessary then you're welcome to have that opinion...if you don't believe fasting works, then you've probably never spoken to someone who has done it correctly...it works too well.

hoarder
7th December 2010, 05:51 PM
I thought you could substitute limes for lemons. I did, anyway. One thing I've wondered about is whether there was some way to minimize the effect of lemon juice on tooth enamel.

MNeagle
7th December 2010, 05:54 PM
I thought you could substitute limes for lemons. I did, anyway. One thing I've wondered about is whether there was some way to minimize the effect of lemon juice on tooth enamel.

Drink it through a straw?

hoarder
7th December 2010, 05:56 PM
Drink it through a straw?
That's a good idea!

sunshine05
7th December 2010, 06:08 PM
Yes, lime juice is fine.

NE - I thought it was tough, even past the first two days. I read that a lot of people no longer felt hungry after the first couple days, but I did. I tried drinking more of the lemonade but it got harder to drink as time went on. I want to try it again and hope to make it the whole 10 days next time.

k-os
7th December 2010, 07:14 PM
I am afraid to try a fast, because I am afraid to find out how little will power I have. :(

hoarder
7th December 2010, 07:26 PM
I am afraid to try a fast, because I am afraid to find out how little will power I have. :(
I did the 10 day fast and I thought it was pretty easy. 2nd and 3rd days were a little hungry.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
7th December 2010, 08:40 PM

Actually I believe the official manuscript does state this (limes) is okay. I just wrote that to try and get people to not to substitute items based on their understanding of what an item does, i.e. sugar for maple syrup because both are sweet. Point being that maple syrup is necessary because of what type of sugar it is (glucose), and its ample trace nutrients.

If someone were to do their own research, then obviously they have primary control over their own projects...I just want to share this information with people without being their only source..I don't want the responsibility of them altering the official treatment protocol...

I had totally forgotten about the lime thing until you said it but you're right, so I think maybe I went too far in my above post. I can be a little hyperbole machine sometimes.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
7th December 2010, 08:56 PM
Yes, lime juice is fine.

NE - I thought it was tough, even past the first two days. I read that a lot of people no longer felt hungry after the first couple days, but I did. I tried drinking more of the lemonade but it got harder to drink as time went on. I want to try it again and hope to make it the whole 10 days next time.

That is interesting for you to report, for I felt too full constantly third day and beyond, even more so when I was around food, even with family and friends. I found myself reducing the maple syrup levels below the standard recipe because of this. Weird but logical how everybody has a unique body. Also it forced me to completely re-evaluate my relationship with food. I never realized just how much time people spend eating, preparing to eat, or somehow making accommodations to eat. If you simply won't be eating, it's just a wildly new perspective. Food decisions around family can be almost as awkward as believing in gold :)

Something else I have taken to since is drinking the lemonade sans maple syrup, or maybe just a small amount, even while I am not fasting. It is a good cleansing drink.

DMac
8th December 2010, 11:06 AM
I've never geared up the nerve to attempt a fast. Longest I've ever been without eating was for about 24 hours. I'll admit, I'm scared to try it. I had health issues when I was younger. The past few years I took myself to task to fix up the various parts that weren't in top working order through herbs and natural supplements. I've never felt better since then, which helps me rationalize why I haven't tried a full on fast. I'm afraid I'm going to hurt myself :)

Edit to add:

About 2 or 3 years ago my roommate at the time tried the Master Cleanse Lemonade fast with his GF. He stopped on day 8 as he was loosing a lot of hair. That helped spook me away from the diet.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
10th December 2010, 08:21 PM
I need to post a thread related to cleansing/fasting and permanently ridding myself of asthma....

Went from adrenaline based inhaler 2-4x/day (since age of 2)....

To no synthetic meditations whatsoever...

Taken that inhaler just 2 times in the last three years.

Nitz
21st December 2010, 04:31 PM
Yes, Nocturnel..please do that. I have a friend who has been on Advair for a long time, has had asthma for 20 years. He recently stopped taking it, about 10 days ago and I would be greatfull for any info you have.

johnlvs2run
26th December 2010, 10:29 PM

Squatting is good news.

Keep on the balls of your feet, so if the toilet was moved you'd still be balanced on your feet.
This keeps the firmness and strength in your leg and core muscles as you do the business.

I've looked around for squatting toilets and there's one advertised on Ebay but it's pricey
and I'd probably have to do some rearranging of the floor. I've not done this yet but might at some point.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
28th December 2010, 10:48 AM
Yes, Nocturnel..please do that. I have a friend who has been on Advair for a long time, has had asthma for 20 years. He recently stopped taking it, about 10 days ago and I would be greatfull for any info you have.

Advair fucked me up! When I was 19 it gave me pneumonia 3 times in 6 months, I felt like I was dying. It is a respitory steroid, and messes with your immune system real bad. On the other hand, it DOES work for serious asthma relief.

My asmtha relief protocol was:

1) Lung point massage - there are points on the chest (i'll try to find a picture) that my girlfriend would massage, after about 60 seconds of this it would make me spit up massive amounts of mucus from my lungs

2) Fasting - I did one 10 day fast during the time I was ridding myself of asthma, towards the end

3) Oil Pulling - means swishing vegetable oil in your mouth for 10 minutes and then spitting it. Any fat soluble toxins will bind to the oil and then you spit it. This protocol didn't make sense to me but after trying it, I can say it's one of the strongest I've ever tried. Would normally cause me to produce about 1/2 cup mucus from my lungs after a session.

It went on like that, eliminating 1/8 - 1/2 cup of mucus per day, straight from my lungs (probably a lot of junk from all the chalk like inhalers I have taken too) for about 6 months. At that time my asthma was just gone, and only 6 months earlier it had been as bad as it had ever been. These protocols, for me, are what worked.

Kali
28th December 2010, 11:45 PM
I've never heard of Oil Pulling but doing some research now...sounds interesting.

Hard to believe it would work though.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
29th December 2010, 03:14 PM
Give it a shot, it's real cheap and nobody makes any money except the grocery store that you buy the veggie oil from, so there is no incentive to lie to you. Try to do it everyday for 2 weeks before you make your initial judgement. It made my teeth whiter and I felt a lot healthier after doing it everyday for six months.

sunshine05
7th January 2011, 09:11 AM
Give it a shot, it's real cheap and nobody makes any money except the grocery store that you buy the veggie oil from, so there is no incentive to lie to you. Try to do it everyday for 2 weeks before you make your initial judgement. It made my teeth whiter and I felt a lot healthier after doing it everyday for six months.

I've done OP. You want to be careful about the oil you choose. You'll want to use cold pressed sesame or sunflower oils. I've used organic coconut oil too.

http://www.curezone.com/forums/description.asp?f=738

Another link:
http://www.oilpulling.com/

Nitz
8th February 2011, 07:48 PM
Thank you Nocturnal! I appreciate the help! And others who responded as well ;D

Hatha Sunahara
7th April 2011, 10:25 AM
I did the Master Cleanse in February. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It doesn't require much will power at all. You have to be able to tolerate hunger for the first two days, but it goes away after that. The lemons and the cayenne are what clean you out. The maple syrup keeps you from getting lethargic and supplies you with enough energy and nutrients to keep you going while you're cleaning yourself out. The lemons alkalize you, and make your body unfriendly to disease organisms.

Since you're not eating anything solid, nothing solid comes out of you after about 48 hours. I had a lot of mucus coming out of me. II took some laxative each day I did ths cleanse, and I did one salt water flush to help my guts push the accumulated residue out. In 10 days I lost 10 pounds, and felt better than I had in years. So good that I wanted to continue with the cleanse and family members had to convince me it was enough. My blood pressure dropped into the normal range, and stayed there so I halved my blood pressure medicine dose.

Overall, I think this is the best thing I have done to maintain my health. One other benefit of this cleanse is that it cleans out your mind as well as your body. When you don't eat anything but lemonade for 10 days, you start getting a new perspective on the food you eat, and you can pay attention to how your body cleans itself out. It was a great thing for me because I am always looking for something that will reduce my dependence on allopathic medicine to stay healthy. It's cheap too. You need a couple dozen lemons and about a quart of maple syrup. I'm planning on doing this at least twice a year now because the result is that it makes you feel really good.

Hatha

jason
8th April 2011, 12:08 AM
I've done this once a year for the last 4 years. Year #1 10 days, #2 14 days, #3 15 days, #4 20 days

The last one, last summer, 20 days was too much for my body, I had planned on going 21 and usually stubbornly stick to my goals, but after day 17 I was very weak. Normally while doing this I feel like I'm on top of the world. Wake up in the morning and pole vault into the shower. :o

Highly recommednf it. It will break you of your addictions, namely carbs and caffeine and sugar. I sart craving nothing but raw vegetables after a week, that's all I think about, and i don
t even like veggies much.

It's an excellent springboard into a healthy eating lifestyle, and also a prolonged weight loss regime. The diet itself is not intended as a weight loss, but I've typically lost a pound a day. Buts it is easy to gain back.

Antonio
8th April 2011, 12:58 AM
Anyone who can shit 2 feet long turds is probably shitting 100oz rolls of SAEs once a while...

sunshine05
17th April 2011, 02:36 PM
I did the Master Cleanse in February. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It doesn't require much will power at all. You have to be able to tolerate hunger for the first two days, but it goes away after that. The lemons and the cayenne are what clean you out. The maple syrup keeps you from getting lethargic and supplies you with enough energy and nutrients to keep you going while you're cleaning yourself out. The lemons alkalize you, and make your body unfriendly to disease organisms.

Since you're not eating anything solid, nothing solid comes out of you after about 48 hours. I had a lot of mucus coming out of me. II took some laxative each day I did ths cleanse, and I did one salt water flush to help my guts push the accumulated residue out. In 10 days I lost 10 pounds, and felt better than I had in years. So good that I wanted to continue with the cleanse and family members had to convince me it was enough. My blood pressure dropped into the normal range, and stayed there so I halved my blood pressure medicine dose.

Overall, I think this is the best thing I have done to maintain my health. One other benefit of this cleanse is that it cleans out your mind as well as your body. When you don't eat anything but lemonade for 10 days, you start getting a new perspective on the food you eat, and you can pay attention to how your body cleans itself out. It was a great thing for me because I am always looking for something that will reduce my dependence on allopathic medicine to stay healthy. It's cheap too. You need a couple dozen lemons and about a quart of maple syrup. I'm planning on doing this at least twice a year now because the result is that it makes you feel really good.

Hatha

Thanks for the report. I'm planning to try this fast again soon. Maybe in the next few weeks. I felt a lot better too for a good while, even though I only made it 6 days. I'm going to try for 10 this time.

sunshine05
7th January 2012, 01:17 PM
I'm doing my 2nd master cleanse and it's going a lot better this time. I'm on day 6 and I know I'll make it 10 days this time:).

TheNocturnalEgyptian
12th January 2012, 05:00 PM
Did you hit 10 days?