PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see any dips on anything in the future? Grrrr

Luis337
27th September 2010, 08:52 AM
Sometimes when you hold the powder for too long it withers in your hands. :(

bellevuebully
27th September 2010, 08:56 AM
I think that there is a ton of money to be made in the mining stocks over the next couple of years, but honestly, I have a lot of concern placing my money into institutionally centred investments. I seriously foresee a bona fide currency crisis and a run on banks. I want my wealth, at least the vast majority of it, close at hand when that happens.

I'll change when I see the system change. Until then, dry powder is exactly that. Keep it dry.

mamboni
27th September 2010, 08:57 AM

Be patient. I have a gut feeling that we will see a substantial correction in the PM market this week and next. I just liquidated all my miners and PAL. I made a little money and I'm happy with that. I'm back to 1/3 gold+silver (CEF >> PHYS) and 2/3 cash. We shall see. I don't think the FED POMO can keep the DOW levitated forever. For myself, I'd rather sit on the sidelines a lose a small amount of profit than riak getting slaughtered in a massive crash.

joe_momma
27th September 2010, 09:05 AM
October and January are delivery months - so there'll be some attempt to push the price down just before contracts expire.

October delivery expires today - so the POG will go up starting tomorrow (it will close over $1300 tomorrow). The Thanksgiving holiday messes the schedule (expiration Nov 26) and January delivery closed on December 29.

Short answer - don't see a move to suppress POG/POS until next year.

Just had a thought - There could be a short drop on Nov 3-5 because of the election results - more "Hopium" for the masses that a new crop of political crooks will be different from the current batch.

Prime your purchase to act quickly on Nov 3.

mightymanx
27th September 2010, 09:06 AM
I am poised for a buy on a pull back as well. I think there will be one some time around October First as people need to raise cash for redemptions.

I am also buying along the way though.

osoab
27th September 2010, 06:35 PM

DCA, Luis.

A dollar here or there doesn't matter in the long run. Besides, if the paper price crashes premiums will keep your frn stash low.

gunDriller
28th September 2010, 11:25 AM

Be patient. I have a gut feeling that we will see a substantial correction in the PM market this week and next. I just liquidated all my miners and PAL. I made a little money and I'm happy with that. I'm back to 1/3 gold+silver (CEF >> PHYS) and 2/3 cash. We shall see. I don't think the FED POMO can keep the DOW levitated forever. For myself, I'd rather sit on the sidelines a lose a small amount of profit than riak getting slaughtered in a massive crash.

i thought we'd see some of that action today.

i was impressed by the volatility, a downtick to $1287, then the run up to $1307.

but the stock market is being pumped hugely.

when the stock market gets real - i.e. crashes - what happens to gold & silver & Pd & Pt ?

i think profit-taking is inevitable but maybe the buying activity now is so intense that it overwhelms any profit-taking from short term traders.

but, hey, who wants the markets to be predictable ?

Gknowmx
28th September 2010, 11:31 AM
For sure. Like I said in another thread. Get your powder ready. Volitility is here. A big pull back in equities and/or bonds and profit-taking in PM's will kick in. As long as GLD stays floating and your favorite deal has physical, there will likely be tremendous opportunities. I'm looking for $100-$200 swings in gold and $2-$5 swings in silver. This will not be a straight ride to the singularity that FOFOA sees coming, even if it is a quick one.

Glass
28th September 2010, 10:10 PM
For sure. Like I said in another thread. Get your powder ready. Volitility is here. A big pull back in equities and/or bonds and profit-taking in PM's will kick in. As long as GLD stays floating and your favorite deal has physical, there will likely be tremendous opportunities. I'm looking for $100-$200 swings in gold and $2-$5 swings in silver. This will not be a straight ride to the singularity that FOFOA sees coming, even if it is a quick one.

Well I hope you are right. I'm looking for opportunities in silver. For gold I am better buying in AUD I think. Need to run some numbers to confirm. Silvers the thing I can't get good deals down here in Oz.

mike88
28th September 2010, 10:55 PM
i like this visual during
'"paper price volitility"
'

Serpo
29th September 2010, 12:58 AM
[quote=Glass ]

Cant see why not, I like anisle bullion co