PDA

View Full Version : Current buy price of UHR in box/coa/booklet?

ShortJohnSilver
28th September 2010, 01:41 PM
I love my 2009 Ultra High Relief, but am curious what it is bringing at the moment on the market.

Anyone know or have experience with this?

tekhen
28th September 2010, 01:56 PM
per Sept. 17th Greysheet.

Bid: $1775
Ask: $1815

ShortJohnSilver
5th October 2010, 09:15 PM
So, if I can pick up another UHR for $1750 I should do it then ;D

MNeagle
5th October 2010, 09:47 PM
I've got to put one of those on my wish list!

Liquid
20th October 2010, 04:23 PM
There's an unopened one on Ebay for $2200. All the graded ones seem to be going for over $2500. If you can pick one up for $1750, that sounds like a great deal.

I really like mine, however I've found I'm more of a bullion person. I've contemplated selling it to purchase bullion.

1970 silver art
20th October 2010, 04:28 PM
There's an unopened one on Ebay for $2200. All the graded ones seem to be going for over $2500. If you can pick one up for $1750, that sounds like a great deal.

I really like mine, however I've found I'm more of a bullion person. I've contemplated selling it to purchase bullion.

Ebay seems to be the best choice to sell the UHR if people are willing to pay up to $2200 for an ungraded one and up to $2500 for a graded one. I guess it all depends on what you originally paid for yours. Most ebay buyers are willing to pay a huge premium over spot for a collectible gold and silver coins and bars.

Liquid
20th October 2010, 04:33 PM
Ebay seems to be the best choice to sell the UHR if people are willing to pay up to $2200 for an ungraded one and up to $2500 for a graded one. I guess it all depends on what you originally paid for yours. Most ebay buyers are willing to pay a huge premium over spot for a collectible gold and silver coins and bars.

Thanks for the advise.

I bought mine for $1250. The only thing is that I distrust ebay, I wouldn't sell it there. I'd either sell/trade it here, or at a local coin shop. It's just something I've been thinking about.

1970 silver art
20th October 2010, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the advise.

I bought mine for $1250. The only thing is that I distrust ebay, I wouldn't sell it there. I'd either sell/trade it here, or at a local coin shop. It's just something I've been thinking about.

I understand your distrust of ebay but the local coin shop would probably give you spot minus a discount and that might put a dent in any profit you make on it. Ebay would give you a better chance to possibly double your money but ebay has hoops that you have to jump through and Paypal will probably put a hold on your proceeds for a few weeks since a lot of money is involved. If you sell it here, you could get something in the $1400-$1500 range at current spot price and still make a profit but how long will it take for it to move on this forum? I still think that ebay is still the best option but you have to go with your gut here.

Liquid
20th October 2010, 05:24 PM
I understand your distrust of ebay but the local coin shop would probably give you spot minus a discount and that might put a dent in any profit you make on it. Ebay would give you a better chance to possibly double your money but ebay has hoops that you have to jump through and Paypal will probably put a hold on your proceeds for a few weeks since a lot of money is involved. If you sell it here, you could get something in the $1400-$1500 range at current spot price and still make a profit but how long will it take for it to move on this forum? I still think that ebay is still the best option but you have to go with your gut here.

Good points. See Josey, this is exactly why I shy away from numismatics, the resalability. With bullion, my local guy pays spot price, as long as the coin is in decent shape. Buy a coin, sell it later, no big deal. It's bullion, worth it's weight in metal. However, with numismatics, there's always someone trying to take you to the cleaners.

This is my only, I guess you call it, numismatic coin. I don't need to sell it, which is good. I actually bought it to pass down later in life, so that's probably what I'll do. I'd rather have put the money towards bullion though, because that is my personal preference.

1970 silver art
20th October 2010, 05:45 PM

Good points. See Josey, this is exactly why I shy away from numismatics, the resalability. With bullion, my local guy pays spot price, as long as the coin is in decent shape. Buy a coin, sell it later, no big deal. It's bullion, worth it's weight in metal. However, with numismatics, there's always someone trying to take you to the cleaners.

This is my only, I guess you call it, numismatic coin. I don't need to sell it, which is good. I actually bought it to pass down later in life, so that's probably what I'll do. I'd rather have put the money towards bullion though, because that is my personal preference.

That is a good point Liquid. With Numismatics, there is more involved than just the pricing. You have the variable of coin grading and that can be very subjective and the grade of the coin (ex: VF, AU, MS) can make a big difference in what price it will sell for. I do not get into numismatics that much. The only numismatic involvement that I have is collecting hobo nickels and I am still have a lot to learn about the hobo nickel hobby. Silver art bars are not considered numismatics even though some of them will sell for insane premiums on ebay.

In the past, the lowest premiums that I have seen on UHR's have been at local coin shows. If someone wanted to buy a UHR with the box and COA, then the coin show is the best place to buy one based on what I have seen at past local coin shows.

tekhen
23rd April 2011, 06:38 AM
update...

15 April 2011... with the price of Au quoted at $1467.40.

UHR
Bid: $2600
Ask: $2700