PDA

View Full Version : Want to Mine Gold - Don't Even Think About It

FunnyMoney
28th September 2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted in 2007 at the Kitco forum...

There is a scenario, nobody even talks about it.
Yet, it is not only possible, I think it may even be likely.
In this scenario silver, and especially gold, don't just go up, they go way beyond what you could ever have imagined.

Forget the mid-tier and junior miners in this scenario, if they mine only gold and silver, they're dead! :boom

Want to Mine Gold - Don't Even Think About It

You saw my Gold 2009 prediction.
Well in this story, we're talking a decade or so later.
2009 plays out, but there's a lot going on in the world, beyond gold...

Peak oil starts to hurt.
Water becomes a serious issue.
Food needs more water but the rivers are too salty,
War is out of control,
Trust of gov't is at historic lows,

You think paper money is going to solve these problems? You think the gov't has a plan, even a clue? Think again.

Fiat will be viewed with disdain. Stocks will be considered a huge risk.
You think people are going to go with the status-quo? Think again.

Those with Discretionary income and Wealth to park,
Where are they going to park it?

By this time, there's going to be a billion of us gold and silver bugs.
You're thinking, finally victory, aren't you?
Think again.

You think that's the end of the run, don't you?
Just like the other gold bug pundits, that this will be the top.
Think again.
This is just the beginning.

It is right in front of your nose, it is as clear as the Alaska night sky.
Environmentalist and others all across the planet, connected up by the Internet, are going to point their fingers, and rightly so they will, squarely at the mining sector.

You are wasting and contaminating our water.
You are consuming our energy.
You are squandering construction materials and labor.
You are destroying our environment.
You are taking away the future wealth of our nation, only to sell it to the highest bidder.

And we are going to make you stop.
Whether the gov't buys you out or nationalizes you, either way, we don't care.

So a few years after that, let's do some math....

Gold investment demand and jewelry usage: XXXX tons.
Gold Mining production: near 0
Price of Gold: Think about it, and then you tell me.

MNeagle
28th September 2010, 09:05 PM
You are taking away the future wealth of our nation, only to sell it to the highest bidder.

Many more industries besides miners that are doing that & more. I think miners will be one of the last to stand, if only for the greed factor.

EE_
29th September 2010, 04:55 AM
Who cares as long as there is a profit in it.
BP
You make consuming sound like a bad thing?
That's what wars are for
It's in the name of advancement...and profit
Wall Street shouldn't have a a lock on that
Whether the gov't buys you out or nationalizes you, either way, we don't care. unless the Jewish lobby says otherwise

Spectrism
29th September 2010, 05:10 AM
The future is a crazy place with no safe harbor from the past.

When you speculate about the future, you have to leave room for many paradigm shifts. The whole value system will be overturned. Why would I say that? Simple- it already started.

Now, let's consider what the future might look like after wars wipe out one third of the world population. And with a growing global system, all power will be centralized with its attending rules and enforcement. Technology will make that possible.

crazychicken
29th September 2010, 05:50 AM
So in the interest of WHAT MAY BE---
Someones OPINION, that may be partially driven by residual chemicals from recreational experimentation in their earlier lives, says we should leave the "barbaric metals", sit in a circle and sing KUMBIAH!

BS!

This OPINION was first posted in 2007. Where is the author now! J**king off playing hippie? Or participating in the world?

There is no good reason to take life seriously. Not a one of us is getting out of here alive anyway.

Hope for the best, expect the worse!

CC

Originally posted in 2007 at the Kitco forum...

There is a scenario, nobody even talks about it.
Yet, it is not only possible, I think it may even be likely.
In this scenario silver, and especially gold, don't just go up, they go way beyond what you could ever have imagined.

Forget the mid-tier and junior miners in this scenario, if they mine only gold and silver, they're dead! :boom

Want to Mine Gold - Don't Even Think About It

You saw my Gold 2009 prediction.
Well in this story, we're talking a decade or so later.
2009 plays out, but there's a lot going on in the world, beyond gold...

Peak oil starts to hurt.
Water becomes a serious issue.
Food needs more water but the rivers are too salty,
War is out of control,
Trust of gov't is at historic lows,

You think paper money is going to solve these problems? You think the gov't has a plan, even a clue? Think again.

Fiat will be viewed with disdain. Stocks will be considered a huge risk.
You think people are going to go with the status-quo? Think again.

Those with Discretionary income and Wealth to park,
Where are they going to park it?

By this time, there's going to be a billion of us gold and silver bugs.
You're thinking, finally victory, aren't you?
Think again.

You think that's the end of the run, don't you?
Just like the other gold bug pundits, that this will be the top.
Think again.
This is just the beginning.

It is right in front of your nose, it is as clear as the Alaska night sky.
Environmentalist and others all across the planet, connected up by the Internet, are going to point their fingers, and rightly so they will, squarely at the mining sector.

Whether the gov't buys you out or nationalizes you, either way, we don't care.

So a few years after that, let's do some math....

Gold investment demand and jewelry usage: XXXX tons.
Gold Mining production: near 0
Price of Gold: Think about it, and then you tell me.

Twisted Titan
29th September 2010, 08:02 AM
No need to mine it ..........if gold operated at it close a third of its true price millions of tons will make its way to the useful ends but since banker prefer to the paper suppression

Ripping the earth apart is the only option.

If the Green Police wanted to stop "eco crime" they would target the profit center.

But since they were bankrolled by them there is no chance of that now is there???

T

FunnyMoney
29th September 2010, 10:05 AM
BS!

This OPINION was first posted in 2007. Where is the author now! ...

There is no good reason to take life seriously. ...

I am the author, I posted that in 2007 at kitco when I was a member there. It was and is speculation. Also, I don't have other handles.

But I do disagree about "no good reason to take life seriously." I don't like the half slavery system of today. I don't like that nearly everyone pays taxes which much of goes to counter-productive agendas and often death. I don't want to see the children grow up in a world headed toward full corruption and control by absolute powers.

But I'm not stopping you from living your life anyway you want, if you don't want to take it seriously that is par for the course and 80% of the spectators in the world probably agree. Ignorance is truly bliss. :oo-->

Awoke
29th September 2010, 10:41 AM
People are so inculcated with monetary systems that silver and gold will never be worthless, even in a true SHTF scenerio.

There will still be PM traders and barterers.
Ammo will be the formost currency at that time though...

chad
29th September 2010, 10:43 AM
People are so inculcated with monetary systems that silver and gold will never be worthless, even in a true SHTF scenerio.

i am hoping i will be able to trade little 50 round boxes of .22LR for stuff. everybody has a .22LR somewhere. i have over 2,000 of them.

crazychicken
29th September 2010, 11:06 AM
I absolutely agree that IGNORANCE IS TRULY BLISS!

PLEASE LOOK IN THE MIRROR!

CC

BS!

This OPINION was first posted in 2007. Where is the author now! ...

There is no good reason to take life seriously. ...

I am the author, I posted that in 2007 at kitco when I was a member there. It was and is speculation. Also, I don't have other handles.

But I do disagree about "no good reason to take life seriously." I don't like the half slavery system of today. I don't like that nearly everyone pays taxes which much of goes to counter-productive agendas and often death. I don't want to see the children grow up in a world headed toward full corruption and control by absolute powers.

But I'm not stopping you from living your life anyway you want, if you don't want to take it seriously that is par for the course and 80% of the spectators in the world probably agree. Ignorance is truly bliss. :oo-->

Awoke
29th September 2010, 11:17 AM

i am hoping i will be able to trade little 50 round boxes of .22LR for stuff. everybody has a .22LR somewhere. i have over 2,000 of them.

2000 rounds, or 2000 boxes of 50?

chad
29th September 2010, 12:14 PM

2000 rounds, or 2000 boxes of 50?

2,000 of those 50 round boxes. that's for trade. then, i have god knows how much for me.

Awoke
29th September 2010, 12:29 PM
Wow! Good job!

chad
29th September 2010, 12:30 PM
Wow! Good job!

thanks! i am infatuated with small rounds. .22LR, .223, .17 HMR. whenever i go in to any store that carries any of those calibers, i always buy 1 box (since 1999). it's adding up.

FunnyMoney
29th September 2010, 01:17 PM
I absolutely agree that IGNORANCE IS TRULY BLISS!

PLEASE LOOK IN THE MIRROR!

I don't get it, what do you have a problem with, the article is at most a future prediction, nobody has the future figured out to the letter! I already admitted that the OP was pure speculation and written to throw out an idea to be tossed around.

I admitted that at Kitco when I first wrote it, nobody seemed to care then, so what again am I supposed to find when I look in the mirror? Ignorance of what?