PDA

View Full Version : House Votes 348-79 To Declare (Trade) War On China

Silver Rocket Bitches!
30th September 2010, 08:10 AM
We're not sure what they hope to accomplish with this, but the House has voted 348-79 to penalize China for its practice of fixing the yuan to the dollar, at a level which foreign exchange experts in Congress believe to be too low.

WSJ:

The measure would allow, but not require, the U.S. to levy tariffs on countries that undervalue their currencies. The bipartisan support highlights lawmakers' long-simmering frustration with Chinese trade practices as well as their sensitivity to the faltering economic recovery with elections looming. It's the strongest trade measure aimed at China to make it through a body of Congress after more than a decade of legislative threats by U.S. lawmakers.

We doubt this will go anywhere in the Senate, which is gridlocked beyond all rhyme and reason, but the message is sent.

From: http://www.businessinsider.com/house-votes-348-79-to-declare-trade-war-on-china-2010-9#ixzz111el1jxq

RJB
30th September 2010, 09:28 AM
Why didn't they do this decades ago. This is more like a kamikazi banshee attack than a war and as usual, for the wrong reasons

chad
30th September 2010, 09:29 AM
google smoot hawley. next stop, hell.

Ares
30th September 2010, 09:35 AM
I posted it last night

http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/and-so-it-begins-house-votes-348-79-to-declare-%28trade%29-war-on-china/

Interesting development to say the least. But doubt the senate will do anything about it.

Spectrism
30th September 2010, 09:36 AM
If I were in power and really wanted to revive the economy of Amerika, this is what I would do:

1. Declare a maximum 10% tax rate for corporations and eliminate "income tax" for citizens, PERMANENT and only dropping corporate tax in the future.

2. Declare import tariffs on all items with amounts weighed by reciprocity, fair practices and trade balances.

3. Eliminate unconstitutional departments in the federal govt.

4. Eliminate unconstitutional policy practices including the federal reserve, GSEs like Fannie & Freddie, divest of all things belonging to the free market: GM, AIG, etc.

5. Fiercely prosecute those who committed treasonous acts.

chad
30th September 2010, 09:37 AM
If I were in power and really wanted to revive the economy of Amerika, this is what I would do:

1. Declare a maximum 10% tax rate for corporations and eliminate "income tax" for citizens, PERMANENT and only dropping corporate tax in the future.

2. Declare import tariffs on all items with amounts weighed by reciprocity, fair practices and trade balances.

4. Eliminate unconstitutional policy practices including the federal reserve, GSEs like Fannie & Freddie, divest of all things belonging to the free market: GM, AIG, etc.

if you ever went to dallas, you would get shot in the head.

Spectrism
30th September 2010, 09:40 AM

if you ever went to dallas, you would get shot in the head.

I know... except they wouldn't wait til I got there. The person who would do right must first be surrounded by a loyal army and work out of a bunker until the banksters and their handlers are snuffed.

FunnyMoney
30th September 2010, 09:45 AM
... The person who would do right must first be surrounded by a loyal army and work out of a bunker until the banksters and their handlers are snuffed.

I don't think it will be that easy, although I did really like your 5 step plan, but you have heard of bunker-busting bombs right?

" 3. Eliminate unconstitutional departments in the federal govt " .. this one must add:

Eliminate unconstitutional departments in the federal govt and all quasi govt entitites (FED) including their tools (fiat).

Silver Rocket Bitches!
30th September 2010, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately, a painful trade war is what is needed to enact FAIR trade over FREE trade. We need to close all these strip malls stocked with China goods and produce our own domestic goods.

The momentum from globalization is too great at this time for them to start legitimate trade war policies. I believe it's all just rhetoric at this point though the real thing is inevitable at some point.

Spectrism
30th September 2010, 09:51 AM
... The person who would do right must first be surrounded by a loyal army and work out of a bunker until the banksters and their handlers are snuffed.

I don't think it will be that easy, although I did really like your 5 step plan, but you have heard of bunker-busting bombs right?

You have to control the military and quickly round up the traitors, spies and thieves over night. It must be lightning fast and they must disappear without time to lawyer up. The constitution is already null and void so concerns of violating it have become moot. In less than 3 months I could establish a peaceful, stable and predictable marketplace. It would be hellacious during that time though.

What I think will happen: someone will come in with this kind of control but his goal will not be a free market. He will be bent on destruction and power consolidation.