PDA

View Full Version : Derren Brown - Paying with Blank Pieces of Paper

TheNocturnalEgyptian
30th September 2010, 11:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vz_YTNLn6w&feature=player_embedded

The guy is a "confidence" act and uses blank pieces of paper to pay for his purchases.

madfranks
30th September 2010, 12:14 PM
That's bizzare - is that real? I can't imagine anyone being bluffed by blank pieces of paper, especially not for a $4500 jewelery purchase!

uranian
30th September 2010, 12:38 PM
years back, i lived in north london, with an aspiring TV actor as a neighbour. i saw him some years later on a derren brown show pretending to have been amazed by brown. while brown is quite skilled at what he does, this is just TV at its best (i.e. a pile of big fat lies).

TheNocturnalEgyptian
30th September 2010, 01:04 PM
years back, i lived in north london, with an aspiring TV actor as a neighbour. i saw him some years later on a derren brown show pretending to have been amazed by brown. while brown is quite skilled at what he does, this is just TV at its best (i.e. a pile of big fat lies).

I didn't know that for a fact, but could presume/deduce as much - too out there to be 100% real.

Still, the inherant irony of paying with "blank pieces of paper" is too rich for this forum to not appreciate it.

uranian
30th September 2010, 01:21 PM
i'll not argue with you on that point, nocturnal. shame he didn't finish off with a quick "watch money as debt" admonition!