PDA

View Full Version : How much do you know about religion?

MNeagle
1st October 2010, 11:21 AM
How much do you know about religion?

And how do you compare with the average American? Here's your chance to find out.

Take our short, 15-question quiz, and see how you do in comparison with 3,412 randomly sampled adults who were asked these and other questions in the U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey. This national poll was conducted by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life from May 19 through June 6, 2010, on landlines and cell phones, in English and Spanish.

When you finish the quiz, you will be able to compare your knowledge of religion with participants in the national telephone poll. You can see how you compare with the overall population as well as with people of various religious traditions, people who attend worship services frequently or less often, men and women, and college graduates as well as those who did not attend college.

For a full analysis of the findings of the U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey, read the full report.

Take the quiz: http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-religious-knowledge/?

ximmy
1st October 2010, 11:33 AM
woo-hoo...

You answered 15 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 100%.

ximmy
1st October 2010, 11:35 AM
growing up in a cultist religious sect has its advantages... for what... I don't know... :-\

Playswithfire
1st October 2010, 11:52 AM
Bah! .. LOL

Horn
1st October 2010, 12:10 PM
I could've sworn the Jewish Sabbath began on Saturday, 12 of 15 for me 80%.

Heimdhal
1st October 2010, 02:55 PM
I could've sworn the Jewish Sabbath began on Saturday, 12 of 15 for me 80%.

sundown on Friday night. ;)

15 out of 15 btw. woot woot! lol.

Easy test though.

MNeagle
1st October 2010, 03:00 PM
13/15 here!

k-os
1st October 2010, 03:15 PM
11 out of 15, but if I had gone with my initial answer, I would have had 13 out of 15. Second guessing is not my friend.

Dogman
1st October 2010, 03:24 PM
Kool test.

ArgenteumTelum
1st October 2010, 03:28 PM
11/15. ok-I can live with that as a test just like history in the 7th grade. Having been out of the stream on main stream religion for so long affected my score in this particular test. Do I care?? Not really, as I have no issue with people who believe differently than I. In the quantum field, reality is constructed according to our own perspectives. We all see what we have conditioned ourselves to see. If you are red
in the rainbow, do you see red?

Enough for now......

Thank you one and all,

AT

StackerKen
1st October 2010, 08:08 PM
i got 12/15

I don't know much about bud ism and Hinduism and I didn't know peeps in Pakistan were muslim

Heimdhal
1st October 2010, 08:29 PM
i got 12/15

I don't know much about bud ism and Hinduism and I didn't know peeps in Pakistan were muslim

Peeps in pakistan are also largley hindu and bhuddist. ;)

willie pete
1st October 2010, 08:41 PM
i got 12/15

Peeps in pakistan are also largley hindu and bhuddist. ;)

Yea....right :lol

80% for me..

zap
1st October 2010, 08:44 PM
Heck I'm not religious and I got 13/15 " Job "screwed me up, and Billy Gramham.

Fortyone
3rd October 2010, 09:41 AM
11/15 The Catholic bread wine thing screwed me up, I guess Orthodox and Catholic are more different than I thought.

zap
3rd October 2010, 09:51 AM
Funny I was brought up Pentacostal, I didn't know it at the time, Assembly of God, I told my Dad i was going to a Catholic church with a friend, Jez he had a fit, and no way was I going to a church where they eat bread and think it is god, and worship symbols, Hahah I married a Catholic

Dogman
3rd October 2010, 09:57 AM
Funny I was was up Pentacostal, I didn't know it at the time, Assembly of God, I told my Dad i was going to a Catholic church with a friend, Jez he had a fit, and no way was I going to a church where they eat bread and think it is god, and worship symbols, Hahah I married a Catholic

Down in this neck of the woods the baptists and methodists run from Pentecostals.
Most of the women and girls wear long skirts and never cut their hair.

Horn
3rd October 2010, 09:59 AM
Kool test.

Dogman, you weren't supposed to research the answers in another opened tab.... :oo-->

Dogman
3rd October 2010, 10:02 AM
Kool test.

Dogman, you weren't supposed to research the answers in another opened tab.... :oo-->

Sorry been studying the worlds religions all of my life.

No tabs or cheating. Try again Horney Toad! :box ;D

Horn
3rd October 2010, 10:06 AM
Kool test.

Uh huh, so that's what happened to you. :o ;D

Dogman
3rd October 2010, 10:09 AM
Kool test.

Uh huh, so that's what happened to you. :o ;D

As a famous wabbit was fond of saying "Could Be" :lol

zap
3rd October 2010, 10:32 AM
I remember being maybe 7 and saying darn 'it My grandma bout had a fit, I was going to hell for sure if I used language like that. She was Pissed. ;)

Dogman
3rd October 2010, 10:37 AM
I remember being maybe 7 and saying darn 'it My grandma bout had a fit, I was going to hell for sure if I used language like that. She was Pissed. ;)

The moral compass of old and what we were brought up under, has been shattered into many pieces. Much to our shame and for some regret. :'(

k-os
5th October 2010, 08:47 PM

I was raised Baptist, and we weren't allowed to say any of the normal curse words, plus darn or fart. Weird. We had to say "toot". Even then, I wondered to myself how certain words could mean the same things, but one of the words was forbidden. "Pissed" was certainly not allowed, we had to say "t'd" (as in 'ticked off', I think).

I remember the first time I said a curse word, I was probably 10 years old, and it was intentional. I looked conspicuously all around me, and said "shit", and it was one of the scariest moments of my life. Livin' life on the edge, I tell ya. ;D I knew I was going to have to pay for that brief moment of freedom. And I did.

MNeagle
5th October 2010, 09:01 PM
k-os, you certainly have an eloquent way of painting a word picture! I hope you're keeping a journey on your most excellent mystery tour!

k-os
5th October 2010, 09:16 PM
k-os, you certainly have an eloquent way of painting a word picture! I hope you're keeping a journey on your most excellent mystery tour!

What a nice thing to say! Thank you. I am keeping a journal for my family, and they seem to like it. :)

1970 silver art
6th October 2010, 02:35 AM
I did not take the quiz because I already know that I do not know very much (if anything) about religion.