PDA

View Full Version : AMMO

mick silver
5th October 2010, 05:31 PM
HOW DO YOU GUYS AND GALS STORE YOUR AMMO . I am looking for the safe way to store alot of ammo . i already have alot but i am getting ready to add a lot more . so everyone give me your ways of storing ammo . i want to store it outside in a big shed i have . thanks all for your help on this mick silver

Dogman
5th October 2010, 05:32 PM
Surplus ammo cans. the only way to fly. ;D

osoab
5th October 2010, 05:34 PM
HOW DO YOU GUYS AND GALS STORE YOUR AMMO . I am looking for the safe way to store alot of ammo . i already have alot but i am getting ready to add a lot more . so everyone give me your ways of storing ammo . i want to store it outside in a big shed i have . thanks all for your help on this mick silver

You can store it at my place! ;D

Ponce
5th October 2010, 05:35 PM
Seal pack them by taking all the air out of the bag and then ammo cans.........

mick silver
5th October 2010, 05:38 PM
i use ammo can now . but i need a way to keep it fresh and the main thing is the stuff will be in a big shed away from the house . i just dont want the stuff to loss it power from it being in a shed . and also i may be digging a hole and putting the stuff in the ground

Ponce
5th October 2010, 05:40 PM
Mick? I have been sleeping over mine for over 30 years.........and I am still here.

mick silver
5th October 2010, 05:42 PM
ponce is the night watch men on his ammo . i will seal it before i put it back in the cans ...

Dogman
5th October 2010, 05:43 PM
i use ammo can now . but i need a way to keep it fresh and the main thing is the stuff will be in a big shed away from the house . i just dont want the stuff to loss it power from it being in a shed . and also i may be digging a hole and putting the stuff in the ground

Most if not all metal ammo cans from the military are air tight. all one needs to do is throw some desiccant bags in with the ammo and keep the cans in a dry and not extream climate and it will be there for you.

mick silver
5th October 2010, 05:46 PM
thanks dogman and ponce . like i said i will be digging a big hole it drop most on it in . i just dont want lose to loss any ammo doing this . my tractor will be park over the stuff in the ground

General of Darkness
5th October 2010, 05:51 PM
I've been eyeballing this.

http://www.cannonsafe.com/skin/frontend/default/cannonsafe/images/sams-safe-5.jpg

Specifications

* 1" locking bolts
* 3 layer armor plate protects lock
* Thick 1" composite door
* 3 point handle
* Spring loaded re-locker keeps safe locked- even after lock has been removed
* Internal hinges
* Upholstered shelving & internal walls
* Shelves sit on tracks which allow shelves to be raised or lowered
* 5/8 type x fire liner covers every wall including door
* 1200 degrees for 30 min.
* Heat activated expandable in tumescent fire seal helps keep smoke and heat out
* Unibody construction is stronger
* Predrilled bottom for bolting to floor
* Heavy steel construction
* UL RSC security rated
* Commercial grade group 2 combination lock with a key locking dial
* Weight: 450 lbs.
* Dimensions: 60" H x 30" W x 21" D
* 24 gun capacity

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=198783&navAction=#desc

mick silver
5th October 2010, 05:56 PM
general i already have to big safe there full of stuff . but i want the biggest part of my ammo away from my house . i just need away to made it safe and dry in the ground in my out building

General of Darkness
5th October 2010, 06:00 PM
general i already have to big safe there full of stuff . but i want the biggest part of my ammo away from my house . i just need away to made it safe and dry in the ground in my out building

Read the Turner Diaries, I liked their idea of burying a steel 50 gallon drum and loading stuff in there.

Fortyone
5th October 2010, 06:22 PM
I like the idea of NOT advertising you are armed to the teeth on an internet forum! This is almost as bad as the stupid "How big is your stash?" threads that pop up. No offense, but look it up, there are thousands of reference sites on this.

undgrd
5th October 2010, 07:21 PM
Vacuum seal and pack in 50 cal cans. Best I can offer for long term storage.

Cebu_4_2
5th October 2010, 07:30 PM
I've been eyeballing this.

http://www.cannonsafe.com/skin/frontend/default/cannonsafe/images/sams-safe-5.jpg

Specifications

* 1" locking bolts
* 3 layer armor plate protects lock
* Thick 1" composite door
* 3 point handle
* Spring loaded re-locker keeps safe locked- even after lock has been removed
* Internal hinges
* Upholstered shelving & internal walls
* Shelves sit on tracks which allow shelves to be raised or lowered
* 5/8 type x fire liner covers every wall including door
* 1200 degrees for 30 min.
* Heat activated expandable in tumescent fire seal helps keep smoke and heat out
* Unibody construction is stronger
* Predrilled bottom for bolting to floor
* Heavy steel construction
* UL RSC security rated
* Commercial grade group 2 combination lock with a key locking dial
* Weight: 450 lbs.
* Dimensions: 60" H x 30" W x 21" D
* 24 gun capacity

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=198783&navAction=#desc

I have one very similar, it doesn't seem to seal completely but I'm not going inside to make sure. Mine reeked to high heaven from the glue they use on the inside. Still smells after 6 years too. Just a consideration for where you plan to place it. I hired piano movers to take it from the drive to the spot.

Cebu_4_2
5th October 2010, 07:31 PM
I have boxes strategically placed all over and rotate it regularly. The main stash is in the safe.

Awoke
6th October 2010, 08:07 AM
I would be worried about the mil surplus cans rusting away underground.

Better off using some plastic buckets with dessicants and a bead of silicone around the lid for underground long term storage, IMO.

(If you put a bead of silicone, ensure that you let it DRY COMPLETELY first, BEFORE screwing the lid on)