PDA

View Full Version : So who's buyin?

Horn
6th October 2010, 01:56 PM
Who are the willing individuals to press on during these recent peaks to the ultimate one?

chad
6th October 2010, 01:56 PM
i bought 10 ounces of ag the other day at $22, i bought a 2.5 gram bar of pamp au today. nothing big.

1970 silver art
6th October 2010, 02:03 PM
I am always buying silver art bars regardless of what the spot price of silver is. I do not time my purchases. Whenever I have a few FRNs in my pocket and I find a silver art bar that is on my "wish list", then I will pull the trigger on that purchase. I pay more attention to the premium that I am paying than I do at the spot price.

Horn
6th October 2010, 02:10 PM
Look at that Silver go from 15 to 23 in less than a year, 35% increase.

chad
6th October 2010, 02:17 PM
i'm like josey. i pretty much buy every week regardless of price. i can only afford fractional au doing it this way, but i have a shitload of pamp fractional instead of nothing. ;D

Gaillo
6th October 2010, 02:20 PM
I bought 4 merc dimes at 15x on Saturday, along with a pair of 1 Ozt. bullion rounds. I wanted a bunch more mercs, but the coin shop only had the 4 left... and I didn't want to pay the numi premium of their "display" dimes. They had a small bag of roos dimes left, Henny Penny bought a few of those, but I personally detest them (due to the guy pictured on the coin) so I passed.

I'm starting to think the rumors of physical shortage might be real at this point - I've never seen the shop so low on dimes!

Horn
6th October 2010, 02:21 PM
I pay more attention to the premium that I am paying than I do at the spot price.

So I'm assuming a cheap art collector never sells.

Perhaps if I traded you some Velvet Elvis paintings I have in the attic? ;D

Neuro
6th October 2010, 02:29 PM
I pay more attention to the premium that I am paying than I do at the spot price.

Are they in silver?

MarchHare
6th October 2010, 02:31 PM
This run is almost surreal. Today's spot price is just a few days ago's price to buy physical metal including premium.

chad
6th October 2010, 02:33 PM
i am loving it. it brings out sellers. apmex's bar section is full of weird, hard to find, decades old gram(s) bars. everyday i find something new that i haven't seen in at least a decade.

Horn
6th October 2010, 02:35 PM

Are they in silver?

Well, the good guys always wear white.

But when painted on black velvet you get that silvery sensation.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/image-files/artwork_velvetelvis01.jpg

Neuro
6th October 2010, 02:46 PM

Are they in silver?

Well, the good guys always wear white.

But when painted on black velvet you get that silvery sensation.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/image-files/artwork_velvetelvis01.jpg
It is certainly more 'silvery' than a COMEX contract or a SLV share... If I had a few dollars to spare and couldn't find real gold or silver. I would certainly get an Elvis velvet painting!

Err maybe not, I would probably buy food instead... LOL

1970 silver art
6th October 2010, 03:01 PM

I usually do not sell, however, on several occasions in the past, I have sold some silver art bars that I no longer wanted to a local dealer but the only reason that I did that was to use the proceeds to buy the silver art bars that I really wanted.

As for the Elvis painting........I will pass. However, I do have some Elvis silver art. I have a 1-oz Elvis silver art bar that was minted by the Dahlonega Mint in 1983.

Horn
6th October 2010, 03:09 PM
As for the Elvis painting........I will pass. However, I do have some Elvis silver art. I have a 1-oz Elvis silver art bar that was minted by the Dahlonega Mint in 1983.

Whew, I was starting to get worried that you'd call my bluff. 8) I ain't got none

We need pictures, after all you & he could be the ones of the few who keep the market up at these levels...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bxxIvPZwG4

1970 silver art
6th October 2010, 03:20 PM

Whew, I was starting to get worried that you'd call my bluff. 8) I ain't got none

We need pictures, after all you & he could be the ones of the few who keep the market up at these levels...

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I am so "FRN challenged" that I could not afford to buy a Velvet Elvis painting. I bought my 1-oz Elvis silver art bar about year ago for $17.50. I suspect that my Elvis silver art is much cheaper than a Velvet Elvis painting. The cheap silver art bar collectors such as myself buy Elvis silver art for a low premium over spot and the high rollers buy the Velvet Elvis paintings for a very high price. ;D

Horn
6th October 2010, 03:25 PM
Just be quick with the pictures, I'm starting see some red. ;)

Ponce
6th October 2010, 04:04 PM
Ponce says............heheheheheheheheeheheheheheheheh ;D

1970 silver art
6th October 2010, 04:05 PM
Just be quick with the pictures, I'm starting see some red. ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen.............Elvis has entered the building................

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx54/COScollect/ElvisFront.jpg

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx54/COScollect/ElvisBack.jpg

My Elvis silver art. I will say that Elvis probably looks better on silver than he does on velvet but what do I know? I m biased. ;D

General of Darkness
6th October 2010, 04:39 PM
I need to get the 911 engine rebuilt, I'll pick some up after that. :boohoo

Horn
6th October 2010, 04:47 PM
My Elvis silver art. I will say that Elvis probably looks better on silver than he does on velvet but what do I know? I m biased. ;D

Gotta love GSUS, if it wasn't for us & Elvis here there would be no way Silver could hold at $23

Thnx artbar, he looks younger there.

Ash_Williams
6th October 2010, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't buy as an investment at today's price.

I did buy some on this week, however. I got some cute looking panda silver rounds to give as gifts at christmas. I figure I'm going to spend a few bucks on the gifts anyway so I may as well take some silver off the market in the process.

FunnyMoney
6th October 2010, 05:19 PM
So who's buyin', you ask?

Ok, I'll bite. Those who are buying are those who could care less if they have to spend a few hundred extra dollars per ounce of gold. Accumulation means just that, accumulation!

Big money and of course, the largest producer of Gold is buying, which would be China. Think about it this way, if you were sitting on a trillion dollars in USD FRNs and had more rolling in every day (to the tune of billions in trade balances) would you simply stop buying at this point?

Actually, now would be the time to pick up speed for the big players, crush the small traders and those who think they can time some supposed short term top. Force them to take a loss and buy back at higher prices.

I said for years, last decade, "you can buy under 4 digits or you can buy over 4 digits, but one way or another, you will buy." The same applies today, just change the 4 to a 5.

1970 silver art
6th October 2010, 05:29 PM

Gotta love GSUS, if it wasn't for us & Elvis here there would be no way Silver could hold at $23

Thnx artbar, he looks younger there.

You are welcome. You are right Horn in that if it were not for us and Elvis, then silver would not be at $23 right now. ;D Everybody in the GSUS community should just thank this post to show their support and appreciation for us and Elvis to get silver at $23. ;D Now if I could just "corner" the '70's silver art bar market, then maybe silver can go past $30/oz. ;D

Trinity
6th October 2010, 05:32 PM

You going turbo?

Ponce
6th October 2010, 05:52 PM
Ahummmmmmm, wake me up when it hits $100.00.......hummmmmmm nawwwww make it $150.00.

silversurfer
6th October 2010, 06:08 PM
Ahummmmmmm, wake me up when it hits $100.00.......hummmmmmm nawwwww make it $150.00.

how did you know 49+ was the number back the first time

General of Darkness
6th October 2010, 06:11 PM

You going turbo?

Interesting thought.

Sparky
6th October 2010, 11:10 PM
Look at that Silver go from 15 to 23 in less than a year, 35% increase.

OK, pull over. Math police. License and registration please.

Horn
7th October 2010, 12:06 AM
Sparky's the only one who noticed the 35 should be 53, whooohooo!!!

Go, Sparky...

We really do have all the bases covered here @ gsus.

FunnyMoney
7th October 2010, 12:20 AM

I believe it was closer to the original, what's the capitol gains rate, again?

Oh, thats right, I think I remember something about a boating trip. I guess that doesn't apply if your' down to your last silver eagle. Anyway, sorry for the distraction, wouldn't want to divert the party over to root causes. Please, carry on.

Somebody, after all, has to be buying, I still show green...

SILVER 10/07/2010 03:18 23.34 / 23.37 +0.15 +0.65%

Horn
7th October 2010, 12:32 AM

I believe it was closer to the original, what's the capitol gains rate, again?

Oh, thats right, I think I remember something about a boating trip. I guess that doesn't apply if your' down to your last silver eagle. Anyway, sorry for the distraction, wouldn't want to divert the party over to root causes. Please, carry on.

Somebody, after all, has to be buying, I still show green...

SILVER 10/07/2010 03:18 23.34 / 23.37 +0.15 +0.65%

The new premium percentage price of the total sum should always be subtracted from the remaining gains.

This way there's no confusion come tax time. ;D

Plastic
7th October 2010, 06:38 AM
I think I am done buying silver for now anyway. Yesterday I grabbed 3 1 oz Engelhards and a nekkid "marilyn" bar with a total cost of 94.00 which was just .25 over spot but it still hurt. Damn I miss the days when that 94 bones would have baught close to 15 oz. Anyway, I am gonna start adding more to my preps instead.

Just an FYI.

I asked "as always" my dealer yesterday if more people were buying or selling, he replied more people were selling by far. However, the people selling were selling bits and pieces "single coins here and there". Alot of the people buying were buying hundreds of ounces of silver at a time. They were buying mainly silver even at it's 30 year high, not gold.

I don't think the mania phase has started yet, this is looking to be a very wild ride.

Hold onto your butts.

Anyway, just a small bit of information gathering for y'all.

Neuro
7th October 2010, 07:44 AM
I bought 35 grams of gold Friday last week! Still no record in Turkish Lira terms. And I assume that when gold price declines we will see dollar strengthening vs Turkish lira, so I can't see much downside right now. Silver on the other hand will get beaten down hard to the ground, but of course the rally can still have plenty on the upside. I think we will see silver up to around $26, before it is broken down to 20-21.30 or so... Probably before new year!