PDA

View Full Version : Iodine - self medicating with it

ShortJohnSilver
7th October 2010, 08:51 PM
From what I understand, bromine (often used in white flour and bread production), fluoride, and chlorine can all serve to displace iodine, even if it is in sufficient quantities in your diet.

Today I bought a small amount of iodine, it contains alcohol plus 2 % iodine, 2.4 % sodium iodide.

To test I decided to put a few small drops on both a reddish bump and a whitish patch (about 1/8 or 1/16 inch in diameter), near my left elbow.

Not sure what will happen, some claim that iodine will help your skin heal any scars or otherwise defective patches over time.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation about iodine; further, it seems that research on this has been almost stopped (maybe because you can't patent an element).

Old GIM1 had some info on Iodine ... anyone have info or personal experiences on using this?

hoarder
7th October 2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Iodoral.htm

Shami-Amourae
7th October 2010, 09:23 PM
The best source is kelp and kelp supplements. Whenever you take a supplement you're much better off getting it through a food source rather than a pure form. If you like miso soup you'll be getting tons of it since miso soup is made with dashi broth which is bonito fish flakes and kombu kelp. Iodine is an essential supplement if you're like me and take Apple Cider Vinegar daily since a side effect of Apple Cider Vinegar is it makes you deficient in iodine.

sunshine05
8th October 2010, 06:20 AM
From what I understand, bromine (often used in white flour and bread production), fluoride, and chlorine can all serve to displace iodine, even if it is in sufficient quantities in your diet.

Today I bought a small amount of iodine, it contains alcohol plus 2 % iodine, 2.4 % sodium iodide.

To test I decided to put a few small drops on both a reddish bump and a whitish patch (about 1/8 or 1/16 inch in diameter), near my left elbow.

Not sure what will happen, some claim that iodine will help your skin heal any scars or otherwise defective patches over time.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation about iodine; further, it seems that research on this has been almost stopped (maybe because you can't patent an element).

Old GIM1 had some info on Iodine ... anyone have info or personal experiences on using this?

I supplement with Lugol's, about a drop a week. There is a support forum on curezone. They recommend much higher levels to start but I don't want to take that much. Too worried about side effects. I am convinced our diets are deficient though. Especially since we use sea salt all the time.

BrewTech
8th October 2010, 07:05 AM
I sanitize my brewing equipment with an iodine-based sanitizer... perhaps the residue left makes for adequate supplementation...? I never allow the equipment to dry completely before transfers, so I know there is at least a measurable amount in the product. Not enough to taste, of course, but not much is required anyway...

Ash_Williams
3rd December 2010, 07:46 AM
I tried taking some for about 3 -4 months until I ran out. I took a little more than the max dose recommended ('cause that's the kind of guy/idiot I am.) I didn't notice anything. Usually with these things I get about 3 weeks of feeling different and then my body just get stubborn and I feel the same as ever, but with iodine I noticed nothing at all. I wasn't really expecting anything specific, I just wanted to see if anything would happen.

palani
3rd December 2010, 10:03 AM
Dr Johnsons Foot Soap has both boron and iodine in it. Fill the tub and soak in it.

As a side note high fructose corn syrup is a chelator of boron. I try to make sure I get a little extra of it any way I can.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
7th December 2010, 05:50 PM
Iodine supplementation helps rid the body of fluoride, however, to do so safely it is advisable to do a liver cleanse and kidney cleanse before trying to cleanse fluoride.

Antonio
14th January 2011, 10:46 AM
It`s a known fact that Comrade Stalin did not take any medications prescribed by his docs (for obvious reasons) but took a few drops of iodine tincture in water every single day.The dude had been around the block a few times...

I simply paint the soles of my feet in a criss-cross pattern with strong iodine tincture (not unlike that of the the chemtrails:) at least once a month.