PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Semi-auto pistols

Awoke
9th October 2010, 01:13 PM
Looks like they're making some improvements.

These vids are of the PT 24/7 pro, but the newer G2 (Beneration 2) model coming out later this year incorporates all the features in these videos, but also incorporates the same disassembly and trigger-safety as the Glock.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1540897/taurus_24_7_pro_pistol/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1556937/taurus_24_7_pro_pistols/

I like the DA/SA feature too.

Awoke
12th October 2010, 04:41 PM
Here is the PT 24/7 G2. I am thinking about getting one.

...along with an XD(m)!

http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/taurus_g2-tfb-tm.png

Dogman
12th October 2010, 04:44 PM
They make some good pistols, My last one from them was a PT945 and it was a good one.
Not a lick of trouble with any loads I shoved up its snout.

Heimdhal
12th October 2010, 05:26 PM
Ive heard nothing but praise about tarus' revolver, but I hear a LOT of mixed reviews about their autoloaders. I personaly have enjoyed the few I've shot on the range, but there seems to be a consensus in the gun world that they are range toys and not to be counted on for self defense. I know companies change and this may just do it. I've got friends that carry them for self defense and seem confident with it, so who knows.

Then again, I carry a bersa, which I have never had a problem with and never seen many problems with, but many of the gun snobs out there look down on it and say the same things as I did above because its got a price tag lower than $500-$100.

hoarder
12th October 2010, 07:57 PM
When I first got into handguns I bought lots of different brands and configurations, none top end or high dollar. They were good shooters "for the money".
Over the years I humbly admitted that shooting firearms well is not easy and it's best to own guns that have great triggers, are not finicky about ammo, are accurate and common enough that I can get parts for them. I also decided it was a bad idea to own handguns of many different operating systems.
So I got rid of some fairly good handguns that had so-so triggers, handguns that had safeties, most of my single action handguns and handguns made in third world countries.

Save yourself the trouble and pay $200 more and buy something you'll keep and shoot...and shoot well.

mightymanx
12th October 2010, 10:59 PM
I love their revolvers but in my experience the autos are crap.

I have broken 3 pistols from firing first 2 Beretta M-9's cracked locking blocks.

The Tarus PT92 cracked frame.

If I break a pistol in practice, I sure in the hell don't want to carry that make into combat.

I have Glocks and CZ's now.

Hell with the gizmo's and elegance I want reliability plane and simple.

Glass
13th October 2010, 02:14 AM
+1 on the CZ's. I love my Phantom. It tests me for sure but I like it.

Argentium
16th October 2010, 06:58 PM
Ive heard nothing but praise about tarus' revolver, but I hear a LOT of mixed reviews about their autoloaders. I personaly have enjoyed the few I've shot on the range, but there seems to be a consensus in the gun world that they are range toys and not to be counted on for self defense. I know companies change and this may just do it. I've got friends that carry them for self defense and seem confident with it, so who knows.

Then again, I carry a bersa, which I have never had a problem with and never seen many problems with, but many of the gun snobs out there look down on it and say the same things as I did above because its got a price tag lower than $500-$100.

I bought a PT111 in 9mm 9 years ago and was not impressed. I do like Taurus revolvers and would buy another one. Maybe their autoloaders have improved, but I'm not going to take a chance with them. I'm far from a gun snob and would consider a Bersa.

Awoke
28th October 2010, 05:42 AM
Interesting. I have a Taurus OSS and I have never had a problem with it. I love the sights (3-dot Novak) and I love the feel of it, the balance, the features, etc.

I've never had a FTF or FTE yet, and it shoots consistently and accurately. That's the only reason I'm considering a PT24/7 G2, because I am so happy with the OSS.

It combines all the features of the OSS as well as some of my favorite features from the GLock. (Disassembly and trigger safety)

However I have not shot the amount of rounds that you guys have, so whether or not the frame will crack or something else goes wrong is yet to be seen.

Awoke
29th October 2010, 04:45 PM
Ha. I spoke too soon. I had a FTF and a FTE all in the same shot today, with the OSS.

However, it was my own fault, because I didn't seat my magazine all the way. I just thought the timing was weird.