PDA

View Full Version : Minn. police chief finds his ammo, stun grenades, other equipment in his kids' b

MNeagle
12th October 2010, 01:59 PM
Minn. police chief finds his ammo, stun grenades, other equipment in his kids' backyard fort

SEBEKA, Minn. - The police chief of Sebeka didn't have to go far to find the ammunition and other police equipment he believed had been stolen. It turns out the ammo was in his kids' backyard fort.

The Daily Journal of Fergus Falls reported Police Chief Eric Swenson, who lives near Sebeka, called law enforcement Friday to report that several items of police equipment had been stolen from his home.

Among the items were stun grenades, gas shotgun rounds, loaded magazines for both a handgun and an AR-15 rifle, a police radio and a pair of night vision goggles.

On Monday, Swenson called the sheriff's office back to report he had found the items. Unknown to him, one of his children had taken the items to a homemade fort in the backyard.

http://www.startribune.com/local/104802354.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUi D3aPc:_Yyc:aUvckD8EQDUI

FYI, Sebeka is a very small MN town, probably less than 2,000 people!

Mouse
13th October 2010, 01:30 AM
nice to know a town of 2000 needs a bunch of cops with flash bangs and all other like of control mechanisms.

Glass
13th October 2010, 03:52 AM
We used to play around in paddocks with open storm drains in them which were like trenches. My friends dad was army. We didn't have those kind of toys but we did have things things like ration pack nap sacks and stuff like that. I can tell you ration packs were pretty rubbish back in the day.

undgrd
13th October 2010, 07:42 AM
Pretty irresponsible for a cop to keep things like that accessible to children.

madfranks
13th October 2010, 11:56 AM
Pretty irresponsible for a cop to keep things like that accessible to children.

No fucking kidding! There ought to be some sort of discipline for that kind of negligence!

nailbender
24th October 2010, 07:33 AM
The way the former police on MN have been armed is the question here. I live there and these LEO's are armed like they are in a conflict zone. Highest level full body armor and M4 weapons. They also train offensive maneuvers as teams with military training. The local unit has shot and killed two unarmed men in my town in the last four months. I keep my kids close, especially in evening.