PDA

View Full Version : Silver Gold Pause as $25 / $1400 Come Into View

FunnyMoney
14th October 2010, 09:46 AM
Silver and Gold take pause as Asian market momentum toward $25 and $1400 builds.

Silver pays its respects for $24 as the Hong Kong market pushed $1400 gold as an alternative to currency market headaches. Silver also traded just shy of $25 prior to resting. Watching the US dollar index fall through key support points helped to switch investor attention toward the key precious metals, and more fundamentally sound liquid holdings. Silver briefly ran to within just cents of $25 and now waits under minor technical resistance points, and similarly, gold waits about $20 away from a new high of $1400.

Big cap investors still see stocks as better vehicles during pre-inflationary stages and as bouts with deflation subside. Institutional investor resolve along with quatitative inflows continue to drive the melt up in global equity markets. But other than continued steam on the Tokyo exchange, most stock exchanges are also taking a pause while real money (precious metals) consolidate positions of safety. Silver, as usual, remains under solid buying pressure as global demand expectations become a concern during economic rebounds, especially rebounds in the manufacturing hubs of Asia and emerging nations. Oil also has inched up.

Gold is set to overcome $1400 as safe haven investors also worry over currency markets and seek more security. But long term money has quietly been accumulating in silver and this is not likely to slow much while silver remains in double digits. Silver's historic ratios with gold have touched 15, where gold trades at 15 times the price of silver, which is still a long way from today's ratio of nearly 56, down from 57 yesterday. At the classic 15 ratio and at gold $1400, this historic ratio would put silver at a price of $93 US dollars.

Silver's economic component has also been confirmed by platinum's gains since both gold and platinum traded within less than $30 of each other in the Fall of 2008. Platinum has steadily outperformed and now trades at a $330 premium over the price of gold. While gold has nearly doubled since the 2008 lows, both platinum and silver have increased more than double on the spot markets. Silver for physical delivery still remains well under a paultry $29 per ounce for the widely held US Eagle coinage.

Silver still requires a lot of catching up to do as the market determines fair valuations for these metals against the backdrop of recent currency pit pains. The US dollar remains steady as she goes on the dive down with many analysts expecting the long term support of 72 on the USD index to be tested again. US dollar denominated debt was dowgraded below key "triple A" and what that really means is still something investors have yet to fully determine. So the pause in precious metals will be welcomed by technical traders, as they absorb the fact that currency uncertainties digest better with $1400 gold and $25 silver.

Awoke
14th October 2010, 09:51 AM
It's coming soon. At least, I believe it is. That's why I bought into a pool account at $24 per ounce yesterday. I wouldn't by at a high like that if I didn't have a feeling it was going to go higher, but I'm no expert. It's all just gut instinct.

chad
14th October 2010, 09:59 AM
once it goes past 25, it'll move pretty quick to 27 or so. you'll do alright.

Silver Shield
14th October 2010, 10:25 AM
I have long stated Silver will go to a mild number say $30 to $50 then it will NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE.

The reason for this is that there is so much fraud at so many levels with Gold but especially Silver that there will be a massive default/ short squeeze.

This couple with a dollar/fiat currency/ credit crisis will cause Silver to transcend our current reality and cause a new paradigm.

When that happens this board will be silent because you will then realize what you stumbled into... generational wealth.

I would look for some numbers like 10 to 1 or up to 1 to 1 Silver to Gold Ratio...

Or An ounce of silver for an acre of farm land...

10 ounces for the entire DOW...

It can and will happen before this is over.

chad
14th October 2010, 10:27 AM
I have long stated Silver will go to a mild number say $30 to $50 then it will NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE.

The reason for this is that there is so much fraud at so many levels with Gold but especially Silver that there will be a massive default/ short squeeze.

This couple with a dollar/fiat currency/ credit crisis will cause Silver to transcend our current reality and cause a new paradigm.

When that happens this board will be silent because you will then realize what you stumbled into... generational wealth.

I would look for some numbers like 10 to 1 or up to 1 to 1 Silver to Gold Ratio...

you make me all hot and bothered when you talk like that.

Awoke
14th October 2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I'm getting a little horny myself, reading that post...

;)

Neuro
14th October 2010, 11:29 AM
I predicted last week that silver would hit 25 this week, I think it is possible, we'll see tomorrow. 1450 gold and 27 silver is my best guess of turning point. Down to 1250 gold and 21 silver, before it starts climbing again, before the end of the year...

PatColo
14th October 2010, 11:54 AM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13904.0;attach=423 2;image

Re silver, if we adjust for the 1980 $49 Hunt-Brothers-spike anomaly (http://www.buyandhold.com/bh/en/education/history/2000/hunt_bros.html) by cutting that $49 high in half to ~$25, then we're still looking at an inflation-adjusted ~$65 silver, or nearly a triple from here.

Ponce
14th October 2010, 12:13 PM
After hanging on to my silver for the past 28 years all that I can do is to look and smile ;D, what's a couple of more years between friends?

Silver Shield
14th October 2010, 12:16 PM
http://gold-silver.us/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13904.0;attach=423 2;image

Re silver, if we adjust for the 1980 $49 Hunt-Brothers-spike anomaly (http://www.buyandhold.com/bh/en/education/history/2000/hunt_bros.html) by cutting that $49 high in half to ~$25, then we're still looking at an inflation-adjusted ~$65 silver, or nearly a triple from here.

That is using their illusionary hologram of hedonic, weighted, substitution, inflation numbers...

and throw that out there is not strategic stock pile of 2 billion ounces in the U.S. any more...

they did not have the paper ponzi scheme of etfs and naked shorting of the COMEX...

This is going to be one of the best investments the world has ever seen, when the truth comes out of the massive fraud.

Silver has been beaten like a red headed step child since the Crime of 1873...

Pay back is a bitch!

Neuro
14th October 2010, 12:24 PM

That is using their illusionary hologram of hedonic, weighted, substitution, inflation numbers...
and throw that out there is not strategic stock pile of 2 billion ounces in the U.S. any more...

they did not have the paper ponzi scheme of etfs and naked shorting of the COMEX...

This is going to be one of the best investments the world has ever seen, when the truth comes out of the massive fraud.

Silver has been beaten like a red headed step child since the Crime of 1873...

Pay back is a bitch!

You are correct, add to the mixture the total impossibility of federal reserve to raise interest to 20% to quell the fire, like they did in 1980...

Sparky
14th October 2010, 12:42 PM

LOL, that's a bit over the top. You'd better hope that doesn't happen, because if there's no buy/sell market, it would essentially have no value. What good is it to have silver if there is no sell price?

Sparky
14th October 2010, 12:44 PM

I believe the highest stable price in 1980 was around $35. The spot price was briefly $50, but you couldn't get that on a sell.

Ponce, what did you get for a price in 1980?

chad
14th October 2010, 01:14 PM
i've talked to a lot of old timers. the most i ever heard of anyone getting was my friend gary, he got $38.

Neuro
14th October 2010, 01:27 PM
I have the feeling that $25 silver will be taken out tonight...

Gaillo
14th October 2010, 01:34 PM

As much as I want to believe that (and I'm hoping it happens... I want MORE!!!), the last few days performance seem to indicate that most resistance has evaporated. I think too many people have figured it out at this point, and combining that with the weak dollar and fed QE talk I'm thinking the "free ride" is over. I wouldn't be very surprised to see Silver close at $25.50 this weekend... if not higher.

Neuro
14th October 2010, 01:46 PM

As much as I want to believe that (and I'm hoping it happens... I want MORE!!!), the last few days performance seem to indicate that most resistance has evaporated. I think too many people have figured it out at this point, and combining that with the weak dollar and fed QE talk I'm thinking the "free ride" is over. I wouldn't be very surprised to see Silver close at $25.50 this weekend... if not higher.

Silver is at 24.65 right now, when typing this, we both saw it go up 35 cents in less than three minutes. I post and refresh, and poof it could be there. Amazing times!

Silver Shield
14th October 2010, 01:50 PM

LOL, that's a bit over the top. You'd better hope that doesn't happen, because if there's no buy/sell market, it would essentially have no value. What good is it to have silver if there is no sell price?

People will not sell for paper because paper promises will fail.

You will sell for land, gold, stocks, food...

oldmansmith
14th October 2010, 01:52 PM
It does look like this is it....the last silver I bought was during the crash in 2008, a bag of crappy rounds and oddball stuff (all they had) for $13/oz.

I almost didn't buy it cause it was junk. Now I feel like a genius, except I didn't buy more all the way up.

Neuro
14th October 2010, 01:59 PM
It does look like this is it....the last silver I bought was during the crash in 2008, a bag of crappy rounds and oddball stuff (all they had) for $13/oz.

I almost didn't buy it cause it was junk. Now I feel like a genius, except I didn't buy more all the way up.
It may be that the crappy looking stuff will get a better price in the future due to the now more popular rounds will commonly be forged...

1970 silver art
14th October 2010, 04:34 PM

Yeah me too. Silver will $25 tonight and close above $25 tomorrow.

Bullion_Bob
14th October 2010, 04:55 PM
http://silverstockreport.com/images/600yearsilver.gif
http://silverstockreport.com/images/600yearsilver.gif

Book
14th October 2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.etftrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Un_dollar_us.jpg

Don't get to excited. At the grocery store and at the gas station they still demand the paper money. Nobody will be reading the date on your "silver" dime and give you more than ten cents worth of food or gasoline. Gee...happen to notice that your own Precious Metals dealer demands the paper money when he is SELLING you his gold or silver coin?

:oo-->

bellevuebully
14th October 2010, 05:46 PM
Gee...happen to notice that your own Precious Metals dealer demands the paper money when he is SELLING you his gold or silver coin?

:oo-->

Gee.....we never said anything about him being smart. :-*

StackerKen
14th October 2010, 06:15 PM
shoot...25 is gonna be a peice of cake....I hope I can get a little more before she hits 30 :P

PatColo
14th October 2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.etftrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Un_dollar_us.jpg

Nobody will be reading the date on your "silver" dime and give you more than ten cents worth of food or gasoline.

It may be worthwhile memorizing the formula to calculate the silver market value your 90% dimes, quarters & halves, in the face of a volatile market.

The base facts are that a $1000 face 90% bag contains 715 oz troy of pure silver (this already knocks off about 10oz from their original minted weight due to circulation/wear); and that $1000 face bag would have either 10,000 dimes, or 4,000 quarters, or 2,000 halves. From that we can figure:

dime has 715/10,000 = .0715 troy oz pure silver, or 1oz troy = 1/.0715 = 13.99 dimes
quarter has 715/4,000 = .17875 troy oz pure silver or 1oz troy = 1/.17875 = 5.59 quarters
half has has 715/2,000 = .3575 troy oz pure silver or 1oz troy = 1/.3575 = 2.78 halves

The above facts won't change regardless of the spot price of silver.

But just for fun, let's figure what these pre-64 coins are worth today, individually, @ $24.70 silver,

dime = $24.70 x .0715 = $1.77
quarter = $24.70 x .17875 = $4.42
half = $24.70 x .3575 = $8.83

...so the current multiplier, which will change at the whims of spot silver, is currently 17.7x the face-value of your 90% coins. ;D

Ponce
14th October 2010, 09:10 PM
I don't know if you guys are keeping an eye on the silver market but there is a lot of action at night time...that's something that I have been waiting for because the action is from overseas and not from the US where everyone is broke.

FunnyMoney
24th October 2010, 09:47 PM
I would not worry too much about the ancient fight between the forces of good and evil. You are an individual, you have a soul and you can select how you want to live. You will follow the 10 rules dictated by and pursue the rights given by the Creator,... or you won't. You choose. Nobody is going to give you a free pass and nobody is going to die for you. You entered this world as an individual and you will leave as one. You will choose , choose wisely.

But in the world of today, few pay attention to God given rights. More important to the majority are the rules and regulations, the interpretations and stories put forth by men. But while most follow false ideas they are more than willing and very quick to judge. Beware those who propose to judge others. The right to select good over evil is at hand, the right to force your choice upon others is not.

Honesty can take a pause too. It can even take a setback. It is true that few recognize it. But as long as you are still able to establish, over your own individual soul, your own free will - you hold the winning hand.

That said, I don't expect the pause to be a long one.

bellevuebully
25th October 2010, 10:20 AM
I would not worry too much about the ancient fight between the forces of good and evil. You are an individual, you have a soul and you can select how you want to live. You will follow the 10 rules dictated by and pursue the rights given by the Creator,... or you won't. You choose. Nobody is going to give you a free pass and nobody is going to die for you. You entered this world as an individual and you will leave as one. You will choose , choose wisely.

But in the world of today, few pay attention to God given rights. More important to the majority are the rules and regulations, the interpretations and stories put forth by men. But while most follow false ideas they are more than willing and very quick to judge. Beware those who propose to judge others. The right to select good over evil is at hand, the right to force your choice upon others is not.

Honesty can take a pause too. It can even take a setback. It is true that few recognize it. But as long as you are still able to establish, over your own individual soul, your own free will - you hold the winning hand.

Please outline where we have "rights" in the Scripture?

Twisted Titan
25th October 2010, 01:25 PM

From your lips to God's ears.........

FunnyMoney
25th October 2010, 09:16 PM

My interpretation, and this is JMHO, and certainly I am only a human being, so please DYODD. But my thinking about "God given rights" is this: I believe that God has given every human being, as an individual soul, without exclusion and without any material or other human prerequisite or required pre-qualification, "individual free will". Now this is just my opinion. But to follow along those lines, I so strongly believe this that I am even on the fence about the whole "baptism" requirement. I actually am unsure if "baptism" is required to pursue a "good" life and live one's life following God's wishes. So in a sense, God has given us as humans the right to decide about our actions regardless what the govt or some other power says to do.

Another God given right which I extract from ancient texts which I believe to be "holy" in nature is the right to be judged exclusively by God. I do not believe that the supreme court, a judge of your peers, the Pope, or any human or entity other than God can send somebody to hell or heaven. I believe you have the right to have your soul judged by the Creator and I simply extract that belief from several different readings. I really don't want to go into details because I don't believe my interpretation is any better than anyone else's and I don't want to be responsible for some extrapolation of these words.

But if there's anything that I feel strongly about, it would be those 2 points and I think you can find the points about "individual free will" and "who should be doing the judging of others" spoken to in scripture. But again, don't rely on me, I'm just an anonymous Internet poster and more importantly just another human, so DYODD.

FunnyMoney
31st October 2010, 07:19 PM

Pause over.

bellevuebully
31st October 2010, 09:01 PM

My interpretation, and this is JMHO, and certainly I am only a human being, so please DYODD. But my thinking about "God given rights" is this: I believe that God has given every human being, as an individual soul, without exclusion and without any material or other human prerequisite or required pre-qualification, "individual free will". Now this is just my opinion. But to follow along those lines, I so strongly believe this that I am even on the fence about the whole "baptism" requirement. I actually am unsure if "baptism" is required to pursue a "good" life and live one's life following God's wishes. So in a sense, God has given us as humans the right to decide about our actions regardless what the govt or some other power says to do.

Another God given right which I extract from ancient texts which I believe to be "holy" in nature is the right to be judged exclusively by God. I do not believe that the supreme court, a judge of your peers, the Pope, or any human or entity other than God can send somebody to hell or heaven. I believe you have the right to have your soul judged by the Creator and I simply extract that belief from several different readings. I really don't want to go into details because I don't believe my interpretation is any better than anyone else's and I don't want to be responsible for some extrapolation of these words.

But if there's anything that I feel strongly about, it would be those 2 points and I think you can find the points about "individual free will" and "who should be doing the judging of others" spoken to in scripture. But again, don't rely on me, I'm just an anonymous Internet poster and more importantly just another human, so DYODD.

Sorry, OT, but I'd like to address fm's reply. FM, pm me if you wish to continue this dialogue so we don't clutter this thread.

FM..I can certainly appreciate your thoughts on 'rights' that are outlined in scriptures, but I believe that if you look at what you posted above, these are not our rights....they are God's rights, authorized by his Supremecy and his Sovereignty. Anything we receive from God is a gift....ie) a gift of being judged by a righteous judge, or the gift of freedom to chose as we wish. I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm just saying you might want to have another look at your pov. The scripture is clear in that our pleasure as Christians is to submit to His will by the conviction and guidance of the Holy Spirit, and be obedient to his commandments by the grace of him who gave himself for us . Not only submission to him, but submission to others as a method of serving him. John the baptists illustrated that by his comment...'I must decrease, so that he may increase' (John 3:30) Submission and rights are philisophically diametrically opposed. The only "right" that I can reference in the scripture, is granted after submission, and in context has more to do with what we are inheriting, moreso than something we deserve or are entitled to, which is the more common understanding of the term 'right'. John 1:12 explains that for those who accept him, we have been given the right (niv), or power (kjv) to become children of God...a position of inheritance, not a right by common definition of something inherantly deserved. Galatians 4:5 supports that in saying that through our acceptance of him, we receive the 'adoption' (kjv), or the rights (niv) of sons. As I said, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I just don't see where the bible states we have 'rights' in any other facet of life, except the right to be associated with the Living God by and through our acceptance of him.

Maybe I am splitting hairs? And I am also assuming we are speaking of the same 'holy' text....the Bible.

I do appreciate the time and effort and thought you put into your posts. And like you said, we are both just humans, fully capable of being errant. This type of analysis does make for good discussion though. We can certainly agree to disagree. I believe this type of thing is what Paul would call a 'disputabe' matter (Rom 14:1), one not worth tripping yourself, or another over, and certainly not something to pass judgement on. Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry I took so long in getting back to you. If you have references that support what you believe, please share them with me...I'd be interested in looking at them further.

Cheers,
Bb

Ponce
31st October 2010, 11:08 PM
OK guys, silver at twenty five.........tomorrow morning it will go down for the American gamblers who went short in the foreign market........the game is still rigged.

bellevuebully
1st November 2010, 05:23 AM
OK guys, silver at twenty five.........tomorrow morning it will go down for the American gamblers who went short in the foreign market........the game is still rigged.

Ponce, I think the game is changing. Short positions at a 30 year high should be increasing, just based on risk/reward setups. They know they are trapped.

Interesting article here, maybe you've already seen it....

http://www.gotgoldreport.com/2010/10/cftcs-chilton-probably-not-why-silver-strong-.html#more

Twisted Titan
1st November 2010, 05:48 AM

Ponce, I think the game is changing. Short positions at a 30 year high should be increasing, just based on risk/reward setups. They know they are trapped.

http://www.gotgoldreport.com/2010/10/cftcs-chilton-probably-not-why-silver-strong-.html#more

A 100 oz Engelhard bar that I bought at 1650 is now over 2500 and that is if you can find one.

Strong hands are being rewarded for their perseverance.

T

mamboni
1st November 2010, 06:18 AM
Better than silver right now vis-a-vis capital appreciation is natural gas. It just his all time lows and cannot go lower. UNG at 5.82 this AM is a BUY BUY BUY.

chad
1st November 2010, 06:19 AM

A 100 oz Engelhard bar that I bought at 1650 is now over 2500 and that is if you can find one.

T

i have a pile from $537 ;D

Twisted Titan
1st November 2010, 07:07 AM

T

i have a pile from $537 ;D

You got a four bagger???

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you.

Ponce
1st November 2010, 09:56 AM
Lets see what happens now that the "gamblers" have made their profit and are out of the way........

First post of the day............good morning to one and all.

Ponce
1st November 2010, 04:13 PM
As you all can see now that the US market for PM is closed the market overseas is going up once again......I can see that someone is making a hell of a lot of money.

FunnyMoney
1st November 2010, 10:33 PM
Maybe I am splitting hairs? ...

I read the post, bellevuebully, and found a lot of good information in there. Thank you for providing it.

I didn't see anything I would disagree with really and it's hard to say about the splitting hairs thing. I do not consider myself an expert on the matter, but from deep inside, MHO is that the general ideas about things are usually enough to provide good direction. The word "right" and the word "gift", while different still also contain many similarities. Plus there's the whole translation thing and how words have evolved in their meanings over time. A lot of time has passed and the English language has grown significantly and evolved. For me, it is a bit difficult to see the difference between an individual taking by way of submission, claiming, accepting or receiving with adherance a "gift from God" and the ability of an individual to rely on, accept by obligation, or pursue a "God given right."

I can take that further even, if a father passes on to a son for example a piece of property, then does that constitute a gift from the father or does that constitute the son's right to demand that others respect his father's wishes as long as the son conforms to the rules asked for by the father, regarding the transfer of the property. Here in this case, the govt, or rather people who find themselves in positions to judge and pass rules regarding such transfers would say that no right exists and the gift is only a gift if the state allows it. This is what we have today, where the state does allow it but only at a lesser % of the property as gift taxes or some other taxes will apply depending upon the nature of the rules asked for by the state, instead. Here we see how the state has imposed itself and asks for submission to it instead of submission to the father. To avoid some of this, the son might recruit legal advice and pay for trusts or other activities to reduce the severity of the gift's reduction, but that again appears to me as a loss of rights, as the wishes of the father have not been fully respected. Submission was intended to be to the father's rules of gift transfer, not to some third party of other men.

So here we see once again, how the word gift and the word right are very much related. It is a crime, JMHO again, but I believe it is a crime for people to place their interpretations in front of general intent. I believe the general intent of the 10 rules did come directly from the Creator and that there's really very little or next to no required interpretation needed. I belive that the gifts provided become rights once those intended to receive those gifts start getting infringed upon by third parties. We, as individuals, have the right to tell any group of people, no matter how powerful or how much in the majority they may be, that we have an individual right to those gifts. This is also what I believe the founding fathers intended for the nation. They did not want people to be able to vote on things which they saw to be gifts from God and should not be taken away, mostly related to individual freedoms of choice, life, liberty and fair, just processes and systems. In a sense they too saw the need to equate "receiving gifts" with the "rights to them without infringement."

God handed down a gift, his laws, his rules and a direction to live by. The problem comes in when people want to get together and take a vote on how to interpret those rules or whether some end might justify the means. Imagine if people got together and decided to take a vote to make it perfectly ok to kill other people or perform false witness against others as long as those others were thought to be of some select color or race or supposed legal status. Extrapolation and interpretation can easily twist things in far reaching directions and suddenly an individual can find that a gift must be claimed as a right or it becomes lost. A study of holy text in the original language might prove to be helpful here, but again, JMHO is that unless you tell people in positions of power that you have a "right" to some "gift", often they will, at best, try to convince all that it's a gift from them instead, or at worst, attempt to deny it from you. When it comes to things given by God, these other men usually, and always in the end fail in this attempt - but they certainly cause an enourmous amount of suffering in the process of trying.

bellevuebully
2nd November 2010, 07:43 AM
Maybe I am splitting hairs? ...

I read the post, bellevuebully, and found a lot of good information in there. Thank you for providing it.

You should have just said I was splitting hairs. ;D ;D

I probably was. I certainly agree with the idea that the main intent is what is important. Thanks FunnyMoney. Good discussion.

FunnyMoney
3rd November 2010, 11:22 PM
You should have just said I was splitting hairs. ;D ;D

I probably was. ...

If I had done that it would have made for a very short post, and you probably wouldn't have believed me.

Anyway, interesting pause honesty takes, isn't it?

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 05:20 AM
[
Anyway, interesting pause honesty takes, isn't it?

I'm sorry..maybe too early, no coffee yet. Can you elaborate? I'm obviously slow this a.m. :-\

bellevuebully
4th November 2010, 05:23 AM
Kitco's going to have to hire someone full time just to constantly re-scale their silver chart......the green line keeps disappearing into the top right corner....hahaha ;D

FunnyMoney
6th November 2010, 09:41 AM
once it goes past 25, it'll move pretty quick to 27 or so. you'll do alright.

On Oct 14th, when you posted that, we had just begun the pause (see OP for explanation of the pause). The pause saw significant volitility around the $24 slap points ...
http://gold-silver.us/forum/general-discussion/silver-surge-slaps-$24/

At that time it was clear there would be a pause, but it was unclear exactly how long it would take the pause to digest, thus the poll. The movements began to show indications on post #27 and then ended on this thread in post #30.

Gold made it to within just about 60 cents of $1400 yesterday. Gold will be managed up by the big Asian player. Asian buyers will be allowed to get into wealth protection without too much potential future pain. The run towards $1650 will be methodical.

Above ground supplies of gold are in very strong hands, only one-sixth at most and possibly only one-tenth of gold investments have some portion of them on a potential profit taking block in the medium or short term. Long term investments are considered in terms of a multi-decade range for gold. So this potential for selling is not anywhere near close to enough to cover current yearly supply/demand imbalances. As gold goes into more and more diverse portfolios and becomes more widely held, especially by emerging and Asian players, these investors will follow the same "strong hand" pattern.

Below ground supplies coming onto the market will be entirely unable to keep up and price action and direction will reflect this. Paper gold has been adopted by many but the fear of counter-party risk looms nearby. It will only take one major incident to spread fear in the paper markets. Gold will continue to show strength and methodically climb and climb until that day comes, it will go hyper-parabolic afterwards.

FunnyMoney
25th December 2010, 08:58 PM

Pause over.

Pause 1 ended in the last week of Oct. Pause 2 ended in the last week of Nov. For the end of pause 3, .... the trend is your friend.

Libertytree
25th December 2010, 10:16 PM
Maybe I'm just a contrarian but for some reason I feel like metals are going to take at least one more big spike down. I don't base this on fundamentals or charts or historical data, just the fact that the PTB need to keep a collar on the DOG and LION and fleece some/majority of the sheep in the process.

Or maybe I'm just a wishful thinker?

FunnyMoney
26th December 2010, 01:33 PM
Maybe I'm just a contrarian but for some reason I feel like metals are going to take at least one more big spike down. I don't base this on fundamentals or charts or historical data, just the fact that the PTB need to keep a collar on the DOG and LION and fleece some/majority of the sheep in the process.

Or maybe I'm just a wishful thinker?

You are a wishful thinker. Markets leave behind those who base their investment decisions on feelings. Don't confuse an assimilation of numerous variables and then deep thoughtful analysis of those variables with feelings. Sometimes it seems like a feeling, but it's actually your mind answering complicated questions and coming up with an answer in such a quick fashion that it "appears like a light bulb" in your head. This is not a feeling but actually concentrated thought.

Of course TPTB want to keep "a collar on the DOG and LION and fleece some/majority of the sheep". But right now those sheep are waiting for a pullback. Smart money is also waiting for a pullback. The difference is that the sheep have been told that a retreat in prices for the precious metals is a 20 to 50 percent move down which is correct at certain times, but this is not one of those times. The big players are instead ready to take the intraday push downs and gobble up even a 4% drop. Once the sheep throw in the towel and buy going into some blow off top, things might change. But right now, it's the pause which is completing.

FunnyMoney
28th December 2010, 08:37 AM
Wishful think aside, LibertyTree, if I remember correctly you've been around for long enough to know how the game is played; a pause by any other name is still just a pause. Central bankers like to call it a re-adjustment.

Anyway, don't sweat the small stuff, the big moves are still years away; "restructuring" is the term the world better worry about.

Libertytree
28th December 2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah FM, been around long enough to know how the game goes and was just purely hoping that maybe there would be a respite to stack just a little more at a more affordable price. I reckon it's like the old saying goes though,"wish in one hand hand, sh!t in the other and see which one fills up first" ;)

I'll still be adding to the stash, albeit at smaller increments and besides, there's a lot of other things that are still quite affordable that need procuring as well.