PDA

View Full Version : Reporting on my Micky Mouse of a town........by me.

Ponce
16th October 2010, 07:16 PM
Well, another mini tourist store closed down and also one of the three barber shop, the pawn shop is now THREE TIMES larger than when it got started three years ago, the town is starting to look like a ghost town what with the only tourist attraction closed for the winter.........at the grocery store is easy to spot, by just looking in the push carts, who is on welfare and who has to work for a living.......those on welfare are buying better food like steak compared to hot dogs for those working.

This place would had been the perfect place to be at for WTSHTF if it waesn't for the drunks and drug users.....I'll be sleeping in the day time and on guard at night time.

And how are things in your town?

Trinity
16th October 2010, 07:29 PM
And how are things in your town?

Still very busy here on Long Island N.Y. This is where all that bank bailout money went. Suckers!!!

cedarchopper
16th October 2010, 08:30 PM
Banks popping up left and right...in fact, they just starting breaking ground on another new one last week. New houses still being built, but the ambitious new developments have been put on hold. Small businesses on Main St. closing, but new people coming in behind them to give it a try.

This a town of 20,000 in a prosperous part of Texas, but most businesses are struggling. A lot of the business here was real estate and construction based and it is way down from a couple of years ago.

Stop Making Cents
16th October 2010, 09:59 PM
Banks popping up left and right...in fact, they just starting breaking ground on another new one last week. New houses still being built, but the ambitious new developments have been put on hold. Small businesses on Main St. closing, but new people coming in behind them to give it a try.

This a town of 20,000 in a prosperous part of Texas, but most businesses are struggling. A lot of the business here was real estate and construction based and it is way down from a couple of years ago.

Are any Mexicans heading back South of the border now that jobs are drying up?

Apparition
16th October 2010, 10:20 PM
Nothing much.

A local video-rental store went bankrupt and it's now a beauty-product store and I think a few more stores have been closed as well.

I area that I reside in is mostly upper-middle class so I probably won't know how bad it has become until a few years pass.

loky
17th October 2010, 04:36 AM
Over here in brisbane Australia thing are changing a lot more gold buying store have popped up in shopping centers. Little stores have close down but were i work in a massive shopping center they just made a new 3 million renovation plan so were i work gonna be really different soon. Though atm job are not as flowing as they use to be i see less and less places looking for new people which i'm not surprised about.

cedarchopper
17th October 2010, 07:09 AM

Are any Mexicans heading back South of the border now that jobs are drying up?

I think they might be. I was talking to a man from Guatemala the other day and he told me that he was going back to Guatemala in April to live permanently. He came to the US 6 years ago to earn money for his family and to eventually have enough money to start a business down there. He has a wife and 3 children and has not seen them in 6 years.

He also mentioned that the los Zetas were big deterrent to Guatemalans coming here.

DuaneLuk
17th October 2010, 07:52 AM
I live in a cow town in upstate NY. Thing are always slow here and the biggest event is the Ol Home Days once a year. Been seeing a lot of new faces over the past 5 years but just getting older. Everyone kinda keeps to themself with their nose straight up their neighbor's ass. Not sure what the climate would be if the shit hit the fan. I am hoping because we are a small community everyone would pull together. The proof is in the pudding.

Fortyone
17th October 2010, 08:28 AM
Im about the same as Ponce, Town has around 3000 people, around 30% unemployed. Most are on at least Food stamps,Alcoholism and drug abuse rampant, makes for most of the local news.Many moving here from dying larger cities, Mixed race couples moving in(unmarried with more than one child) immediately get signed up for Welfare. On another note,I traveled home to Chicago last weekend,and seemed to be bustling,and not too many visibly distressed (beggars)

skid
17th October 2010, 09:21 AM
Things still seem to be cruising along here mostly. There was a huge push here earlier to complete everything for the Winter Olympics, but now construction has really slowed down. Real estate pricing is down slightly as well, and houses are moving really slowly.

Logging really seems to have picked up, but I notice they have been hi grading, and it is a shame to see that old growth fir heading off to the far east as logs instead of finished lumber.

My immediate neighbors have a good idea of where the world is headed and are quite self sufficient with root cellars, livestock, large gardens, orchards, etc.

Ponce
17th October 2010, 09:31 AM
Something that I forgot to mention is that more guys are now showing their gun in the open by wearing them..........two of them are the guy right across from my home and also the guy who I don't talk to who lives next to him and who screwed his live in girl friend.....the girl is gone and those two are at war.

When the time comes there will be many revenge killings..........

Twisted Titan
17th October 2010, 03:10 PM
That thin veneer is still plentiful up this way but the second that public assitence stops it is going to get very bad very quick

I had someone break in my old car to steal the radio( they werent too bright because the left the CD changer in the back trunk untouched) most I think they could get for it was 20 bucks if that.

A neighboor asked would I report it local PD and I was like what for??

Filing a report is about the stupidiest thing I could do because it now makes me a target with the goon squad.

I have two options: let it be or find the crackhead.

I chose the first.

But It made me more alert and I definately keep a eye out for anybody that dont "look right"

When it finally hits up this way the losses will be horrific.

T

Ponce
17th October 2010, 03:31 PM
Best thing that anyone can have outside of their house is a "Driveway Alert".....I have seven of them around my property and when ever someone walks 20 feet from it it sends a signal to the box my my bed... I feel more secured with them in place...........price? about $65.00 plus $40.00 for each extra alert dujiky.

chad
17th October 2010, 03:35 PM
i'd buy that, except the deer would set it off every 8.6 minutes.

Ponce
17th October 2010, 03:39 PM
Chad? they do, and also my cat and racoons and fox and snakes hahahahaahah........but......I have two boat spot light that moves around and up and down with a tv camera on top of it........all that I have to do is to turn them on and look at the place where the alert is coming from on my monitor........without leaving my bed ;D ;D ;D