PDA

View Full Version : Giant moles have invaded my orchard

skid
17th October 2010, 06:37 PM
:o Actually just augering holes for my blueberries I purchased recently and thought I would show some progress pictures... :D

skid
17th October 2010, 06:39 PM
This makes augering holes easy. On the back is a 24" tree auger.

willie pete
17th October 2010, 07:33 PM
Looks good, how old do the BB bushes have to be before they start producing? ....and once at maturity....how much will one bush yield per season?

Heimdhal
17th October 2010, 07:36 PM
Ok, everyone over to skids. Get your BB guns and your cammo shirts, were playing soldiers!!!

Sorry skid, it looks great, just reminds me of what we used to do to our parents back yards as little kids playing "GI Joe!" lol. We got a few whoopins for it, but throwing pine cone hand grenades and dog-dropping "land mines" was total worth it!

skid
17th October 2010, 07:52 PM
Looks good, how old do the BB bushes have to be before they start producing? ....and once at maturity....how much will one bush yield per season?

The small blueberries between the holes are about 3 years old. They produced around a cupful each this year. I made the mistake of buying them too small because I didn't know any better at the time.

The ones I am planting are 4 years old right now and will produce well next year. Eventually each bush will yield a gallon or so.

skid
17th October 2010, 07:54 PM
Ok, everyone over to skids. Get your BB guns and your cammo shirts, were playing soldiers!!!

Sorry skid, it looks great, just reminds me of what we used to do to our parents back yards as little kids playing "GI Joe!" lol. We got a few whoopins for it, but throwing pine cone hand grenades and dog-dropping "land mines" was total worth it!

Yes Heimdhal, I remember digging up the backyard at my parent's place and making forts and playing soldiers as well. Didn't try the dog land mines, but did get the odd dirt lump upside my head ;D

willie pete
17th October 2010, 07:58 PM

Yes Heimdhal, I remember digging up the backyard at my parent's place and making forts and playing soldiers as well. Didn't try the dog land mines, but did get the odd dirt lump upside my head ;D

wow, you did that too? build forts and dig holes? :D So did we... :D ...So a mature bush will yield about a gallon per season?

skid
17th October 2010, 08:00 PM
I should mention I found my underground irrigation line as well. I knew I was close but didn't think I was that close! >:( There's no fun like trying to repair PVC pipe buried in the ground...

mightymanx
17th October 2010, 08:28 PM
Dang now that the real story is out in public you have no need to buy one of these:

http://www.rodenator.com/

The videos are priceless.

skid
17th October 2010, 09:18 PM
...So a mature bush will yield about a gallon per season?

Yep. The place I bought my plants had some approx. 10 year old plants that easily will fill an ice cream bucket/year.

willie pete
17th October 2010, 09:22 PM
...So a mature bush will yield about a gallon per season?

Yep. The place I bought my plants had some approx. 10 year old plants that easily will fill an ice cream bucket/year.

Cool....wish I had a couple nice bushes, I love Blueberries.... ;D

ximmy
20th October 2010, 01:13 PM
First class!!!... great job!

Heimdhal
20th October 2010, 02:05 PM
alright, seriously now....when are we all going up to play army? Ximmy and Skid are on my team.