PDA

View Full Version : Pace University football player was shot and killed by police

Dogman
18th October 2010, 09:06 AM
This is still ongoing and the whys are still unclear.

http://gothamist.com/2010/10/18/pace_university_student_shot_and_ki.php

Pace University Student Killed By Westchester Police

101810henry.jpg
Danroy Henry
A Pace University football player was shot and killed by police early Sunday morning in Westchester after running into a cop. Danroy Henry, a varsity defensive football player and junior at the university’s Westchester County campus, was allegedly trying to get away from the "rowdy" scene at Finnegan's Grill in Thornwood, NY. Henry was in his car with two passengers when a cop from Mount Pleasant knocked on the driver’s side window, and Henry gunned his accelerator—plowing into a different cop from Pleasantville.

According to a statement from Mount Pleasant police, "With the Pleasantville officer clinging to the hood of the car, [the car] continued to accelerate; the Pleasantville officer then fired at the driver. The suspect vehicle continued...heading directly toward another Mount Pleasant officer, who also fired at the vehicle. The vehicle then struck a parked Mount Pleasant police car coming to a stop."

One of the passengers suffered a minor gun shot wound. According to police, more than 150 people had congregated at the front of the bar and in the shopping center parking lot, with sporadic fights breaking out even after police arrived (apparently 50 officers were needed to help control the scene).

Henry's classmates were stunned, with one saying, “DJ is one of the most peaceful guys on the team…I’ve seen practices or I’ve seen things escalate on campus, DJ would be one of the people like, 'I’m going to remove myself from this situation, this is not me.'" Pace University President Stephen J. Friedman said, "We extend the deepest sympathies of our community to Mr. Henry's family and friends. We are working with the police investigation and as appropriate will share more information when it becomes available."